Livingston - all the threads merged

19 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You obviously don’t realise, or don’t want to realise, that the Aberdeen and Celtic postponements were totally government driven. The clubs, the SPFL and the JRG all happy for the games to go ahead, but told not to play because of the Scottish Government. From a football perspective, the St Mirren situation is the precedent which has been set. I like Alex Dyer, but he’s not doing himself any favours by having a go at Livingston when it’s patently clear that it’s not their decision if the match is to go ahead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54501792

Dyer also said that a request to delay Saturday's Premiership visit to Livingston has been rejected by the West Lothian club.

Our game was instructed to proceed by Doncaster et al.

It would seem , from the quote above, that the SPFL left the decision for when the game should be played in Livingston's hands.

IMO the SPFL should be making this type of decision, and  in the current circumstances, you need to look after number one. it might seem harsh, but I'd expect us to do the same. No point in giving any advantage to the opposition.

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

It should not be up to the clubs to decide, and Alex Dyer is being a salty c**t blaming Livi for his own club's failings.

What failings would that be? 

Edited by C4mmy31

11 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Really strange one this; I cant imagine any club anywhere would voluntarily put themselves at a disadvantage. 

Typical passing the buck by Doncaster again if true though.

From the reports so far, how do you come to the conclusion that Doncaster has passed the buck? Kilmarnock have asked Livingston if they would agree to delay the match, which they haven’t. Presumably if Livingston had agreed to a delay both clubs would have had to approach the SPFL to get their permission. Because Livingston didn’t agree, no decision has to be made by the SPFL.

1 hour ago, Killiefan said:

Oh your brave

You're making a bit of a c**t of yourself here, you sure you aren't really a Jambo?

The decision has been made, nothing more can be done so stop greetin about it on here, if the SPFL want to postpone it then fine, shouldn't even be asked of Livingston. St Mirren had to play despite all their keepers being isolated, Killie have forfeited a Betfred cup game against Falkirk, so looks like the game will go ahead unless Killie forfeit it.

50 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

From the reports so far, how do you come to the conclusion that Doncaster has passed the buck? Kilmarnock have asked Livingston if they would agree to delay the match, which they haven’t. Presumably if Livingston had agreed to a delay both clubs would have had to approach the SPFL to get their permission. Because Livingston didn’t agree, no decision has to be made by the SPFL.

Yeah this is on Dyer and Killie, trying to put pressure on Livi to delay the game till they've a better starting XI to play us, at our inconvenience of having less preparation time against Sevco, and we quite rightly said no. So now Dyer is trying to make us look the bad guys, f**k him then. Bloody sure if it was the other way around he'd do the same and say no,  bad patter from him imo.

Holt will have to add a F U C K to his Killie tat now. :ass

The request for the delay is nothing to do with us wanting a "better starting XI", because we should have our full squad back by Saturday regardless. It was the fact that we wouldn't be able to train until Friday at the earliest and therefore wanted a couple of extra days. I don't see any harm in us asking, but it's obviously Livi's prerogative to reject it and I don't have any issues with them doing so.

I'm not sure what the SPFL are being accused of here though. As far as they're concerned, the game is scheduled for Saturday and there is no reason for it not to be. Clubs negotiating between themselves to reschedule a game is none of their business until the clubs actually go to them and ask permission to move it.

39 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The request for the delay is nothing to do with us wanting a "better starting XI", because we should have our full squad back by Saturday regardless. It was the fact that we wouldn't be able to train until Friday at the earliest and therefore wanted a couple of extra days. I don't see any harm in us asking, but it's obviously Livi's prerogative to reject it and I don't have any issues with them doing so.

I'm not sure what the SPFL are being accused of here though. As far as they're concerned, the game is scheduled for Saturday and there is no reason for it not to be. Clubs negotiating between themselves to reschedule a game is none of their business until the clubs actually go to them and ask permission to move it.

Can you stop adding so much sense to this discussion?

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Absolutely spot on. I’ve no idea why Alex Dyer has come out publicly and had a go at Livingston though.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Passing the buck back onto Livingston ......

1773321998_Screenshot_20201012-221214_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.198b8bbc2bc1d4ac73f1b9a54001a285.jpg

Passing the buck back onto Livingston ......

1773321998_Screenshot_20201012-221214_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.198b8bbc2bc1d4ac73f1b9a54001a285.jpg

The league definitely shouldn't be moving a game without the agreement of both clubs, especially when there isn't a genuine need for it beyond "we haven't had a chance to train".

I think it would have been reasonable for Livi to agree in these circumstances but they've ultimately got to look out for themselves here.

I have no qualms with Livingstone decision either, they have to look after themselves as we all need to.

I just hope others are as understanding should they find themselves in a similar position with Kiilie up next and the answer is, no, sorry no can do....

Edited by C4mmy31

43 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I have no qualms with Livingstone decision either, they have to look after themselves as we all need to.

I just hope others are as understanding should they find themselves in a similar position with Kiilie up next and the answer is, no, sorry no can do....

So the same thing Killie would've said anyway had this been the other way around?

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Is your squad not back on Wed, and get another test before Saturday?

Same thing has happened to Accies i think, having less time to train before a game, with positive covid tests. Wanting us to put the game back 2 or 3 days would gives us less preparation for our next game too,  so understandable that we don't want to do it, Dyer going on about unfairness, think he needs to look at how unfair he has been trying to put this back on Livi. Should be fuckall to do with us having to make this decision, we aren't going to muck our own preparations up just to suit another team.

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

So the same thing Killie would've said anyway had this been the other way around?

Nah, if we'd been mug enough to do it i'm sure Killie would muck about their preparations to help another team be better prepared to play them too, if  in a similar position to us. Oh and players will stop diving, holding onto to one another at set pieces, stealing 8 yards at throw ins, and refs will get every decision correct.  And we'll all live happily ever after.

34 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I have no idea what the powers that be at Killie would have decided had the shoe been on the other foot, that would only be guess work..... but to keep things consistant and fair and seeing as the SPFL dont want involvement, any future requests to Killie for a postponement must be met with the same responce as your club.

Edited by C4mmy31

7 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I have no idea what the powers that be at Killie would have decided had the shoe been on the other foot, that would only be guess work..... but to keep things consistant and fair and seeing as the SPFL dont want involvement, any future requests to Killie for a postponement must be met with the same responce as your club.

Easy to see why you never actually post anything and just copy and paste club articles tbh.

"Responce", amongst a full on da post that verges on "sink us and we'll sink you".

As a fan of a club who were shafted, and forced play Aberdeen when they'd recovered squad strength, while also being forced to wedge a game in midweek to make it 5 games in 17 days at the start of the season, I reckon any club who doesn't reject a request for postponement are absolute fannies.

Edited by RandomGuy.