Livingston - all the threads merged

JET had a good debut but I'm far from dropping mainstays in the squad based on the little I've seen. This is how I think we'll line up on Saturday.

Stryjek

Devlin Guthrie Ambrose Serrano

Holt Bartley

Mullin Pittman Forrest

Tiffoney

I have a feeling Stryjek will retain his place based on his performances and also McCrorie 'coming back' from international duty. Question will be Holt or Sibbald next to Bartley. Based on how good our front 4 have been recently, I think they will tighten up with Holt.

So many good options off the bench. 

4 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

We are losing more goals because we are getting more men forward hence why we are scoring and looking far more threatening. 

Agree with everything else in your post but the most common trend in our goals conceded has been really sloppy defending. It's not as if we have been overwhelmed by counter-attacks, it's more a lack of tracking (that we have been usually pretty good at) that is our downfall.

I think this will continue to be a risk with Devlin at right-back in our likely starting 11.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Conceded a fair few from set pieces too, can't say i've noticed us being susceptible to counter attacks. The defeats in our first few games was mainly down to our defensive formation, and playing CB's in positions they weren't used to. Sussing out our best 2 CB's has also been costly.

14 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

JET had a good debut but I'm far from dropping mainstays in the squad based on the little I've seen. This is how I think we'll line up on Saturday.

Stryjek

Devlin Guthrie Ambrose Serrano

Holt Bartley

Mullin Pittman Forrest

Tiffoney

I have a feeling Stryjek will retain his place based on his performances and also McCrorie 'coming back' from international duty. Question will be Holt or Sibbald next to Bartley. Based on how good our front 4 have been recently, I think they will tighten up with Holt.

So many good options off the bench. 

Not convinced Stryjek will get put in ahead of McCrorie, but think you're right that Tiffoney will be back in the starting XI, he has done well playing as a striker this season and will prob be told to run himself into the ground giving his all then let Holt know when he's done so we can sub him for JET. Same goes for Forrest and Mullin really, we've so many good options from the bench just now we can afford for players to give their absolute all and hold nothing back to try and last the whole game. 

Hopefully Livingston don’t get hit with covid outbreak and need a favour from another provincial club 
You really think we would have got any favours from anyone anyway? It should never have been our decision, the SPFL should have made the decision whatever it was.

8 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Hopefully Livingston don’t get hit with covid outbreak and need a favour from another provincial club 

The decision should be made by the SPFL. Its unfair to leave it up to either of the teams concerned. If the decision made was that the game was to be postponed I wouldn't be over the moon about it but I'd accept it.

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
8 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

You really think we would have got any favours from anyone anyway? It should never have been our decision, the SPFL should have made the decision whatever it was.

Aberdeen and Celtic seemed to do alright for favours earlier on, return to training on Friday and made to play Saturday. Surely even getting played on Monday or Tuesday would be an option.

Aberdeen and Celtic seemed to do alright for favours earlier on, return to training on Friday and made to play Saturday. Surely even getting played on Monday or Tuesday would be an option.
I'm sure it was the Scottish government that recommended their games were postponed

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
6 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

I'm sure it was the Scottish government that recommended their games were postponed

Surely that was the precedent set

4 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

That was a reaction to the first ever occurrence. If it continues and a lot of games are cancelled it might reach a point where league games could be forfeited. Kili have already had a league cup match awarded to Falkirk. That is a real precedent. 

24 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

We've got a trip to Ibrox to worry about, no reason we should give ourselves less time to prepare for it.

Dry your eyes.

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
6 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

While I agree with that I'm not sure where it would leave our season with the potential for loads of postponed games.

Feck me, what are you guys doing next week that you can’t accommodate 

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

We've got a trip to Ibrox to worry about, no reason we should give ourselves less time to prepare for it.

Dry your eyes.

“Dry your eyes” , we’ll wait for your turn to arise and see what tears you shed. You can kiss your rip off £20 ppv goodbye on Saturday 

1 hour ago, Killiefan said:

Shut up you fucking idiot. We take a delay for the Killie game and have less days of recovery to go to Ibrox because Killie players have COVID? Clueless.

Would Killie do it for Livi? Would they f**k

Edited by ATLIS

1 hour ago, Killiefan said:

You obviously don’t realise, or don’t want to realise, that the Aberdeen and Celtic postponements were totally government driven. The clubs, the SPFL and the JRG all happy for the games to go ahead, but told not to play because of the Scottish Government. From a football perspective, the St Mirren situation is the precedent which has been set. I like Alex Dyer, but he’s not doing himself any favours by having a go at Livingston when it’s patently clear that it’s not their decision if the match is to go ahead.