Livingston - all the threads merged

Fair enough - looks like the management were after a direct replacement for Steve Lawless and, with Tiffoney settling in to a more central role, that only left Robinson and maybe Lawson who could cover that (although Devlin hasn't been too shabby of late).

I agree, I think he’ll do good in the right side of our 3 attacking mids, Pittman centre, Forrest on the left. Another option to take some of the set-pieces too. Adds some depth in an area of the squad where we are a little thin.

2 minutes ago, Rscot said:

I agree, I think he’ll do good in the right side of our 3 attacking mids, Pittman centre, Forrest on the left. Another option to take some of the set-pieces too. Adds some depth in an area of the squad where we are a little thin.

Could be great for Pitts too, getting on the end of Mullin's balls into the box and bundling the ball into the net. They worked well together in the Championship play off promotion season.

7 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

You will already know what your getting with mullin , he was one of our best players can’t believe we’ve allowed him to join a direct rival

Good to hear, some Livi fans not convinced he's good enough for the Premiership, but i think he'll thrive not having to play as a WB in a 3-5-1-1 set up, but as a winger in our now 4-2-3-1 formation

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I think a lot of his faults were due to playing as a wing back as he wasn't the best defensively but going forward he has pace and a pinpoint delivery... he'll fit on to our system and flourish in that attacking role, I'm sure of it

Edit: the reason i actually posted - the game against Edinburgh City is available at ecfctv.com .

Wishing Mullin the best of luck in his second spell with us. I do recall him putting in some good crosses (a Kyle Jacobs header rings a bell) and i do like his direct running. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of his game tallies up as he obviously wasn't favoured at County.

I also wonder where Lawson will fit into the team. I do like him as a player. It seemed like some of his best football was played while overlapping coming from deep. Devlin seems to have that position sewn up - I do wish he'd more often find a man with his crosses though!

Edited by crispy

17 minutes ago, crispy said:

Edit: the reason i actually posted - the game against Edinburgh City is available at ecfctv.com .

Wishing Mullin the best of luck in his second spell with us. I do recall him putting in some good crosses (a Kyle Jacobs header rings a bell) and i do like his direct running. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of his game tallies up as he obviously wasn't favoured at County.

I also wonder where Lawson will fit into the team. I do like him as a player. It seemed like some of his best football was played while overlapping coming from deep. Devlin seems to have that position sewn up - I do wish he'd more often find a man with his crosses though!

Devlin and Mullin working overlaps could be a thing of beauty, a veritable explosion of joy to behold. Balanced with Serrano and Forrest doing the same on the other wing, i'm almost having an orgasmic explosion in my pants as i type this.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Devlin and Mullin working overlaps could be a thing of beauty, a veritable explosion of joy to behold. Balanced with Serrano and Forrest doing the same on the other wing, i'm almost having an orgasmic explosion in my pants as i type this.

But who do you drop from the current winning formation to make that happen?

24 minutes ago, Durnford said:

But who do you drop from the current winning formation to make that happen?

Robbo.

Does the same job as Pitts with the running and energy he has, and is good at robbing the ball from defenders, but i'd like to see Mullin-Pittman-Forrest in the attacking mid 3 when we're against bottom 8 teams, and we can be more attack minded.

1 hour ago, Rcfc fan said:

You will already know what your getting with mullin , he was one of our best players can’t believe we’ve allowed him to join a direct rival

This.  Completely this.  Kettlewell is pushing it.  

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Any chance you could give us Stewart too now, don't think we've got enough strikers yet, esp now we've put about 15 out on loan.

I wouldn’t be surprised.  But it won’t be Stewart.  Ollie Shaw isn't long for this world.  

Edited by Savage Henry

6 hours ago, crispy said:

Lawson is definitely a CM rather than a right back, gave me the fear a couple times when he was playing RB. Devlin has been decent, crossing seems pretty horrendous though.