Livingston - all the threads merged

11 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Yeh,just saw that.Dont think so.He had his time at Livi,apparently off to Poland according to County fans.Good luck to him.Once a 🦁

County fans on their thread saying he's moving to the central belt to be 'closer to family'

Edited by ATLIS

Jet looks like he is worth a punt, if we can get him fit he gives us another option up front, looks like he would link up well with our attacking midfielders, Forest, Pittman etc. Hopefully Lars can benefit from training with him too.

Gotta say I feel sorry for Sibbald, he has been good for us whenever he plays, but the manager obviously fancies Holt ahead of him. Macmillan also hasn’t let us down whenever he has played. I’m sure they will get their chance as the season progresses. I’d like to see Sibbald in Pittmans position, Pittman moved to Robinson’s position. 

Gotta say I feel sorry for Sibbald, he has been good for us whenever he plays, but the manager obviously fancies Holt ahead of him. Macmillan also hasn’t let us down whenever he has played. I’m sure they will get their chance as the season progresses. I’d like to see Sibbald in Pittmans position, Pittman moved to Robinson’s position. 
Wonder if sibbald is still carrying a knock

2 minutes ago, Rscot said:

Not convinced this is the case. Sibbald had a knock last week and it's difficult to change a winning team. For what it's worth, I don't think Holt had his best game last night but grew into the game as it went on.

United were terrible but I do think that was our best performance of the season last night. There are elements of the team that need work (and players that need replaced) but we will beat most teams if we play like that. 

Interesting that Holt is apparently looking to add 1 or 2 before the window closes. Got to be wide players?

7 minutes ago, Rscot said:

Why?

Sibbald has been much better for us in the deeper role, so why would you move him into the more attacking position and why would you then move Pittman out wide?

4 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Not convinced this is the case. Sibbald had a knock last week and it's difficult to change a winning team. For what it's worth, I don't think Holt had his best game last night but grew into the game as it went on.

United were terrible but I do think that was our best performance of the season last night. There are elements of the team that need work (and players that need replaced) but we will beat most teams if we play like that. 

Interesting that Holt is apparently looking to add 1 or 2 before the window closes. Got to be wide players?

Holt covers some amount of ground in 90 minutes. He’s been a good addition to the squad. Yeah I agree, attacking midfield are the only positions were we perhaps lack a little depth. The rest of the positions we have good competition for places. Things are looking good for the season, I wonder if we can go on a nice cup run this year 😎

8 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Why?

Sibbald has been much better for us in the deeper role, so why would you move him into the more attacking position and why would you then move Pittman out wide?

I think it would give us more physicality in the middle of the park without reducing the creativity, and I think Pittman could do Robinson’s role better than Robinson, he would provide an end product with goals and assists which Robinson hasn’t been able to.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

On the subject of switching players around, Marv would make a decent winger, he's had a few assists now after getting down the wing.😂

I’d be interested to see how Ambrose plays as a holding midfielder.

22 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Right Livi let's go. Josh Mullin, Return of the King, make it happen

Would be as well trying to bring in Mullin and releasing Souda, i like Souda but he isn't getting near the match day squad this season so would be best al round if we let him go and brought in someone that would get a game.

Our dead ball deliveries are poor this season too, and Mullin takes a great set piece, again so does Souda but he seems to have dropped out of Holt's plans.

Would be as well trying to bring in Mullin and releasing Souda, i like Souda but he isn't getting near the match day squad this season so would be best al round if we let him go and brought in someone that would get a game.

Our dead ball deliveries are poor this season too, and Mullin takes a great set piece, again so does Souda but he seems to have dropped out of Holt's plans.
Callum Carson said he reckons Souda won't play for us again.... obviously an attitude issue with him and if that's the case get him punted

2 minutes ago, Rscot said:

I’d be interested to see how Ambrose plays as a holding midfielder.

Was expecting him to be played there when we finally gave up on a back three CB's, but he's been really good since being played in a back four. Remember when we used to play a striker in defence when we had Toddy, think he played in 3 different position against Morton away once, started in defence and ended up as a striker and scored a goal.:lol:

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I was hoping Souda was going to push on this season after settling in and adjusting to the game and life here in Scotland, but it doesn’t seem to be happening unfortunately. I do think that there is still a place up for grabs on the right side of our attacking midfield 3, where Lawless played last season.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Was expecting him to be played there when we finally gave up on a back three CB's, but he's been really good since being played in a back four. Remember when we used to play a striker in defence when we had Toddy, think he played in 3 different position against Morton away once, started in defence and ended up as a striker and scored a goal.:lol:

Him and Guthrie look solid at the back, they compliment each other well.

I'd be sticking with that pairing at the back. Brown is a decent option coming in to cover but I feel efe is our best defender by a country mile and Guthrie is a colossus

One thing that had me seething last night - our terrible set pieces. Can we please try someone else rather than Forrest? We must have had over 50 set pieces so far this season and haven't looked like scoring from almost any of them. 

Also I would veto the long throw unless Brown is playing. Not looking like scoring from them either.

8 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
9 minutes ago, Rscot said:

I'd be sticking with that pairing at the back. Brown is a decent option coming in to cover but I feel efe is our best defender by a country mile and Guthrie is a colossus

I agree and as you mentioned Brown is an able deputy if we have any injuries, suspensions, resting players or if management decide on a formation change. Perhaps going 3-5-2 in some of the Betfred cup matches. I’d like to see us go 2 up top with perhaps Jet and Tiffoney against Edinburgh City, or maybe Jet and Popalnik. Or Lars and another.

Edited by Rscot