Livingston - all the threads merged

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

3 points off 5th as well.

Europe next season. Passports out Streams at the ready.

Yep, just need to beat Utd next week and we could be in the top 6, providing County don't also beat Sevco. Dare we dream of such things after the shite start to the season we had.:unsure:

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It'll also cost you money to open the stadium for "restricted crowds", if its only season ticket holders allowed in.

Genuinely amazing how blase people are about clubs losing over 50% of their income this season. Get it wrong and it'll set you back a decade.

I believe its also costing clubs a minimum of £5k per week to test the entire squad for Covid-19 - if that continues for another 40 weeks; that's another £200k clubs will need to find.

8 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

There's Stokes' wages 😜

Joking aside that's probably not too far off what he was on with Hibs.

Of course along with the players going out on loan; we've also released Menga and Cece plus sold Odaffin to Hamilton. It all helps I suppose.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

I believe its also costing clubs a minimum of £5k per week to test the entire squad for Covid-19 - if that continues for another 40 weeks; that's another £200k clubs will need to find.

That's for clubs testing out of house. Livi have their own machine for testing and are able to process tests in house meaning that the cost will be nowhere near that (although we probably spent the whole £50k grant on the machine etc)

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It'll also cost you money to open the stadium for "restricted crowds", if its only season ticket holders allowed in.

Genuinely amazing how blase people are about clubs losing over 50% of their income this season. Get it wrong and it'll set you back a decade.

Not a worry when they have a multi-millionaire gangster bank rolling them mate.

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

That's for clubs testing out of house. Livi have their own machine for testing and are able to process tests in house meaning that the cost will be nowhere near that (although we probably spent the whole £50k grant on the machine etc)

I'll stand corrected but if that's the machine in the entrance lobby I thought it tested people for temperature; fever etc. It doesn't replace the need or requirement for regular testing. It may be the club have a dispensation to reduce the regularity of testing if everyone is also being scanned for any signs of fever etc.

In case anyone's suffering from insomnia the rules are:

Testing Type and Definition To ensure the highest testing quality for the Disease, each member of the Target Groups 1 & 2, set out in Regulation 3.5, for each relevant Official Match, must be subject to SARS-CoV-2-RNA (nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal swab + PCR) tests. A positive test is defined by detection of particles of viral RNA (genes) (“Testing” and the words “Test”, “Tested” and the like shall be so understood).

Sample Collection and Laboratory Diagnostics Service Providers Each Club must appoint one or more laboratory diagnostics service provider(s) (“Testing Service Provider(s)”) as the entity(ies) in charge of Testing for relevant Official Matches in which the Club is a participant. Each Club may collect or make arrangements for the collection of samples and the onward transmission on its behalf, except where samples are collected and/or transported by a relevant Testing Service Provider, of collected samples to the relevant Testing Service Provider.

Each member of Target Groups 1 & 2 must comply at all times with the instructions of its Club and of the relevant Testing Service Provider in relation to the implementation of efficient procedures for sample collection, sample delivery, analysis of samples and results management.

No mention there of any "shortcut" as the implication that all tests must be verified by a certified laboratory.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 24-Aug-20 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf

13 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I'll stand corrected but if that's the machine in the entrance lobby I thought it tested people for temperature; fever etc. It doesn't replace the need or requirement for regular testing. It may be the club have a dispensation to reduce the regularity of testing if everyone is also being scanned for any signs of fever etc.

In case anyone's suffering from insomnia the rules are:

No mention there of any "shortcut" as the implication that all tests must be verified by a certified laboratory.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 24-Aug-20 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf

That is literally a temperature check at the entrance.

As ATLIS says, there is a testing machine that the club have bought that is also used by the NHS. I'm not sure if we process the tests and verify them in house (presumably signed off by the JRG) or if we only process the tests and send them off to a lab for verification. My thought is that it's the former.

Prior to the announcement of fans not being allowed back, I believe we were consulting with local lower league teams (presumably Falkirk, Linlithgow, Broxburn etc.) to help them with cheaper testing.

5 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

That is literally a temperature check at the entrance.

As ATLIS says, there is a testing machine that the club have bought that is also used by the NHS. I'm not sure if we process the tests and verify them in house (presumably signed off by the JRG) or if we only process the tests and send them off to a lab for verification. My thought is that it's the former.

Prior to the announcement of fans not being allowed back, I believe we were consulting with local lower league teams (presumably Falkirk, Linlithgow, Broxburn etc.) to help them with cheaper testing.

The only machine I'm aware of that can do this in the Western hemisphere is the Samba II which would meet the suggested price tag. It depends on how experienced the operator is but results can be back reasonably quickly but the single use modules were about £50 I think. Still that would be about a third of the price of external testing.

13 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Marvin Bartley now manager of the reserves side. Delighted for him, he's spoke before about wanting to be a manager so good for him to get a bit of experience.

Assisted by Efe Ambrose and Gary Maley. What a dream team that is.

That's great news , Big Marv's a great bloke . 

21 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Not a worry when they have a multi-millionaire gangster bank rolling them mate.

Off you pop back to the league 1 forum, struggling to raise a squad for friendlies now I see, it is still friendlies you’re playing just now eh? 

33 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Are we playing Morton tonight in a bounce game? Perhaps our reserves?

Yep, was in the OS announcement piece on Marv being the reserves manager yesterday. 

The reserve side are in action tomorrow evening as they take on former manager David Hopkin’s Greenock Morton side at Cappielow.

*edit to add. The women's team is playing St Johnstone tonight too, down at the stadium.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER