Livingston - all the threads merged

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

That sums it up perfectly tbh. He's a young Ross Stewart who's been hyped up for about 6 years because he plays for Rangers. If Ross Stewart was at Rangers in the same way McCrorie has been, he'd be the next best thing.

QoS will disagree obviously but McCrorie is and has been poor this season and doesn't have what it takes to play at the top level (atm). Comparing the stats Jak Alnwick is saving on average an extra goal a game with %save chances on expected goal. 

Stat wise McCrorie is a cast off at the bottom, the sooner we replace him/drop him the quicker our season turns around

Yeah you can't write him off, Kelly wasn't great when we had him on loan, then 2 seasons later he looked far, far better.  But i don't think we can afford to allow McCrorie the time to get better, not when we're sitting bottom of the table. If Stryjek makes the fans feel confident in his goalkeeping, the way he commands the box, then it must pass on to our defence too, the complete opposite of McCrorie. Whether he's consistent enough to be the No1 for the season is unknown, but McCrorie certainly doesn't look like he is just now. Whenever a ball comes near our goal you have no confidence in him stopping it.

The Betfred games will at least give Holt the chance to assess him better in competitive games, because once he replaces McCrorie with Stryjek, Sevco may recall him and we'll be left with one keeper, doubt either them or McCrorie will be happy to see him sitting on the sidelines (as it'll damage his International career being dropped). They'll prob want him back out on loan to another team, so Holt will want to be certain about Stryjek being up to it.

Our concern is Livi though, and what's best for the club, we need to get our defence sorted, and the GK looks part of the problem area.

Delighted for Tiffoney today. Has added physicality to his game over the last year and now looks like a real prospect. Early days but I think I am happy with us going with him as our main striker with money being tight. I think today's goal will be massive for his confidence.

11 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Delighted for Tiffoney today. Has added physicality to his game over the last year and now looks like a real prospect. Early days but I think I am happy with us going with him as our main striker with money being tight. I think today's goal will be massive for his confidence.

We just got 1.6m in??? I get that there's shortcomings with the pandemic but money isn't tight...?

Yep has always looked lively getting into good positions, and just needed to start scoring some goals, but for both goals he did well to win the ball and hold off players, mugging MOH to start everything off for his own goal, then hold off a defender and set up Forrest for our 2nd.

Stokes fucking off may well turn out to be the best thing to happen for Tiffoney, if he continues this form from the last 2 games and consolidates his position as our main striker.

Just now, EdinburghLivi said:

John Ward suggesting money was very tight today on Sportsound. A concerning interview.

I'm imagining that's all we'll ever hear. Unless we decided to throw the Dykes money on getting rid of the debt entirely then where has the good chunk of 1.2m up front gone?

Assuming we'll need to wait for company finances to be published before we hear anything but debt was about 600k last I'd knew

This was always going to be a make or break season for Tiffoney really, played well so far so hopefully he can kick on from here.

35 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We just got 1.6m in??? I get that there's shortcomings with the pandemic but money isn't tight...?

The Dykes money is most likely going to be in installments. We're also now going without the matchday income of people paying at the gate - and a lot more people will either find a stream online or not bother at all rather than pay £20 to watch a buffering video (add in that instead of £60 or whatever it would have been for a family/group to watch the game we're only getting £20). No idea how much, if any, we make from the food stalls but that's obviously gone too.

Haven't heard the Ward interview so no idea how much of that is actually untrue, but it's hardly unbelievable to hear that money is tight IMO, it shows we're actually being run properly for a change.

Was a bit on the results show about it. Saying the Dykes money will barely tide us over to the end of the season. He's going to say that anyway though isn't he, Scottish teams are trying to get assistance from the Govt, so they aint going to come out with anything other than being hard up.

20 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Was a bit on the results show about it. Saying the Dykes money will barely tide us over to the end of the season. He's going to say that anyway though isn't he, Scottish teams are trying to get assistance from the Govt, so they aint going to come out with anything other than being hard up.

Our annual turnover is about 1.2m - we'd have gotten that up front for Dykes...

I heard the Ward interview on Off The Ball (I think it was) while I was in the car.

He said:
-Dykes money will help but we’ll struggle to see out the season without fans in ground 

-*possibly said or was McFadden* fans had renewed season tickets but still money tight  

-5th place finish helped but we lost out on the post-split fixtures which would’ve been good

-players going out on loan is an attempt to streamline costs

-when the Old Firm visit we make £150k a game so that’s a hole

On the game today, composed finishing for both goals. It was a tough fixture and great to get win.

Edited by crispy

10 minutes ago, crispy said:

I heard the Ward interview on Off The Ball (I think it was) while I was in the car.

He said:
-Dykes money will help but we’ll struggle to see out the season without fans in ground 

-*possibly said or was McFadden* fans had renewed season tickets but still money tight  

-5th place finish helped but we lost out on the post-split fixtures which would’ve been good

-players going out on loan is an attempt to streamline costs

-when the Old Firm visit we make £150k a game so that’s a hole

On the game today, composed finishing for both goals. It was a tough fixture and great to get win.

Playing staff bill is in excess of £1 million; effectively our biggest single expense but obviously the other costs are not inconsiderable..

If last season had been completed we'd have got almost £800k from four home games against the old firm alone; the PPV revenue would have recouped a small percentage of that but with the likelihood of at least two of these appearing on Sky this season; that revenue's also gone.

The windfall of getting money for Dykes must have eased the risk of severe financial hardship this year considerably but there is still the serious prospect of the league again being brought to a standstill and if that happens clubs will definitely go out of business.

We’ve already lost Upwards of 250k in revenue this season because fans aren’t allowed into the ground, now imagine we go the whole season with no fans in which seems more likely than ever now, that’s over a million pound in lost revenue whilst still trying to remain competitive. 
I think it’s fair to say the Dykes money will keep us afloat but just afloat, Money is tight. 

1 minute ago, andylivi1 said:

We’ve already lost Upwards of 250k in revenue this season because fans aren’t allowed into the ground, now imagine we go the whole season with no fans in which seems more likely than ever now, that’s over a million pound in lost revenue whilst still trying to remain competitive. 
I think it’s fair to say the Dykes money will keep us afloat but just afloat, Money is tight. 

Bear in mind that the club has also had fans commit to paying a huge sum over this time too. Can imagine we're not being told the full picture and being directed into fearing the worst is around the corner so that we can keep a more than healthy sum in the bank

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Bear in mind that the club has also had fans commit to paying a huge sum over this time too. Can imagine we're not being told the full picture and being directed into fearing the worst is around the corner so that we can keep a more than healthy sum in the bank

Season ticket money won’t even touch the sides, 300k tops from season ticket money if we are lucky, another what was it 100k over the next 14 months from fan commitments? It’s a great effort but again not gonna do a huge amount when we are losing more than that each home game,  prize money from last season already spent given it was in instalments, so a small proportion at the end of last season. 

Setting up the stadium for Covid testing has probably used a large proportion of money already, add into that player and staff wages, I think you’re underestimating the pressures the club is under financially, just like many other clubs. 

The Dykes money will absolutely help but that’s all it’s doing, every club relies on gate money, some will say but we have PPV, again a small proportion are paying for that compared to attending, no money at all from the Rangers game other than the tv money which we would’ve got anyway.

As has been said above, we have already missed out on a substantial pay day from Rangers visiting, we have probably lost more than the 250k I mentioned now that we played again today. 

We will lose over a million if this season continues to go on with no fans, and maybe just under the million if we get fans in but socially distancing. 

It’s concerning but no more concerning than any other club just now thanks to that Dykes money. 

Edited by andylivi1

11 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

no money at all from the Rangers game other than the tv money which we would’ve got anyway.

You don't even get extra money for TV games, the TV money is all pooled and distributed across the league.

Which I think means our income for Celtic/Rangers at home this season will be precisely £0.

Edited by LiviLion

The blue pound is worth zero?:o

Wonder how much County made from their ppv when their game against Celtic at home wasn't on Sky.  Just a pity that in the season when teams need financial help most, nearly all Celtic and Sevco away games are on Sky and it's only ST holders getting to view them on the club's on tv.

I'd imagine the hospitality revenue from home games will be a big loss too. Just imagine where we'd be without the Dykes money though, what a signing he turned out to be for us, prob saved the club this season.

11 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

It'll also cost you money to open the stadium for "restricted crowds", if its only season ticket holders allowed in.

Genuinely amazing how blase people are about clubs losing over 50% of their income this season. Get it wrong and it'll set you back a decade.