Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Stewart is 95% competent keeper and 5% c0ck-up artist in my opinion. That being said I'm not sure I've seen much from McCrorie to indicate he's any better.

Bit high with the competent side, don't think many QotS fans would agree with you either, none were impressed with him on loan there last season. They rate McCrorie though so there's hope for him yet. He's obv here on loan to learn and improve, and is highly rated as a future first choice keeper for Sevco, so hopefully he'll come on leaps and bounds with us this season. Kelly wasn't great in his first spell with us.

Bit too hesitant making decisions to come for the ball against Motherwell, and got into trouble a few times, first time he just got away with it by coming through a tackle with White, next time it nearly cost us when Guthrie had to clear it over the bar as the ball was heading into an empty net when his hesitancy got him chipped. That should get better with a few more games settling in with our defenders, getting to know one another.

Stewart's had a couple of chances to claim the shirt, doesn't look like he's rated at all now though, as we're bringing in keepers on loan ahead of him 2 seasons running, got a fair spell at the start of last season but didn't show enough to hold onto his starting place. Fail to see why he'd go to Hearts and be 2nd or 3rd choice though, just the exact same position as he is at Livi. Be as well trying a League One or Two club and seeing if he can get signed up there to maybe kick on with regular games at that level to get his career back on track. Sal and Pitts had to step down to juniors to build back up, might work out for Stewart doing the same..

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Stewart is 95% competent keeper and 5% c0ck-up artist in my opinion. That being said I'm not sure I've seen much from McCrorie to indicate he's any better.
[emoji38] McCrorie will be Scotland No. 1 in time. Stewart will be lucky to get a gig in League 1 before too long.

Agreed on Stewart. McCrorie has yet to show his quality with us, however.
He wasn't universally loved straight away here either tbh. We lost more than him in January but IMO he was our biggest loss. I've already posted our GA stats since his departure and Brownlie's departure would have played a part but I put it majorly down to losing RM. He did much more than just saving shots.

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
16 hours ago, hoobahabba said:

He wasn't universally loved straight away here either tbh. We lost more than him in January but IMO he was our biggest loss. I've already posted our GA stats since his departure and Brownlie's departure would have played a part but I put it majorly down to losing RM. He did much more than just saving shots.

I suppose he could take a moment to settle; it wont have been helped by our defence looking so uncharacteristically shaky of late but he did seem to find his voice for the second half on Wednesday night.

On 13/08/2020 at 20:34, 19QOS19 said:
On 13/08/2020 at 18:56, hoobahabba said:

When was McCrorie not "universally loved" at QoS? He was clearly quality from the word go. He had one bad game for us, at home to Partick Thistle where his two mistakes costs us 3 points.

I do wonder if he'd not have been better seeing out the season at Championship level before he moved up a level but then in the end that would only have been about 6 or 7 more games. I'm sure he'll come good at Livi.

When was McCrorie not "universally loved" at QoS? He was clearly quality from the word go. He had one bad game for us, at home to Partick Thistle where his two mistakes costs us 3 points.
I do wonder if he'd not have been better seeing out the season at Championship level before he moved up a level but then in the end that would only have been about 6 or 7 more games. I'm sure he'll come good at Livi.
He was getting the usual pelters from our goalkeeper hating supporters early doors. Didn't take long to put them in their place but he definitely wasn't loved straight off the bat.

Will be interesting to see if Poplatnik starts today. Imagine he was always earmarked as a potential replacement for Dykes so we should give him a chance to impress. Would love us to be almost debt-free on the back of this move.

It's a shame this didn't happen earlier as we may have gone in for Nisbet before Hibs.

Ach all he did was score 2 pens this season, we'll just get someone else to score them now.😂

Great bit of business by the club, knocking back two other offers and sticking to their guns for the 2M, what a difference it is to have a decent board at Livi, last c**t sold Griffiths for a couple of ginger bottles and a 2nd hand copy of the Broons fae Dundee, then hocked Dorrans sell on for some sweeties.

Gonna miss the big man leading the line for us, best of luck to him at QPR, hope he does well there and makes us some more dosh getting sold on from them. Huge game for Hamilton to step into, good performance here good launch his career. Always thought he had a similar style to Hardy when he first emerged from the youth ranks, and went out on loan, hasn't really shown it recently so here's his chance.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

£2m seems like a really good deal for Livi. Fans wouldn't have dreamt of eventually getting that when he signed.

You'd imagine they'll have a plan in place considering how inevitable it was he'd move.

Queen of the South fans also happy nice we sell on clause.... 👍