Livingston - all the threads merged

I think Gerrard sees Dykes as a physical player who isn't too technically gifted on the ball, one that causes teams problems but prob not silky enough to fit into his style of play, they keep going on about a plan B type of player in articles related to signing Dykes. A lot of nonsense, but good for us if that's actually what they think of him.

I think Gerrard sees Dykes as a physical player who isn't too technically gifted on the ball, one that causes teams problems but prob not silky enough to fit into his style of play, they keep going on about a plan B type of player in articles related to signing Dykes. A lot of nonsense, but good for us if that's actually what they think of him.

He's going to wrongly end up categorised in the same way that someone like Kris Boyd was in his latter days. They see the big guy bullying defences and therefore ignore the rest of the ability the player has.

If Rangers are getting ~£20m for Morelos, I'd fully expect them to be trying to tempt Steven Fletcher with a decent wage. I can't see them wanting Dykes as first choice, even if they stump up the cash they'd be playing Defoe ahead of him (when fit) and probably bringing in someone else too. Hopefully Dykes considers his playing time with any potential move, seen too many good/young players go to the OF and just rot in the reserves, then end up on loan to someone like Scunthorpe.

22 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

2-2 draw with Ross County today, Dykes and SKA getting our goals.

Notice Poplatnik hasn't featured in any pre season games and that was the last of them before our season opener on Saturday, SKA and Forrest seem to have settled in well though, and Fitzwater had a hand in our first goal, sending a long ball down to Devlin, who set up Dykes with his headed goal. Looks like Pignatiello is getting his chance at playing in the first team this season too, as he's featured in all our pre season games.

Not for me or anyone to tell guy guys what to call your new signing from QP, but we all just called him SAL and he responded to it.Hope he does well for you, a lovely lad. 

3 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Odoffin on trial with us, thoughts? Can’t really remember him in any of the diddy alliance games.

We have better marauding right backs in Devlin, Lawson and McMillan. Bit lightweight for a CB, IMO. He really didn't feature a great deal for us and an obvious one to move on.

Came in and did well in his first game against Hearts. Since then he has been injured for a long period then came back in without really impressing. Not sure if he's best at right-back or centre-half. I'd probably say the former on the basis of his good appearances but he was absolutely roasted in that position in a game against Motherwell at the end of the season. 

Hope he comes good but he needs some game time and an experienced player/coach to learn from. 

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Yeah, well we've not got any kind of right-back.

Haha, sorry if I sounded like a dick. A few players sort of converged on that position, can’t really remember the order. McMillan’s loan spell really seemed to do him good and grew into it; Devlin is established in that position; and Lawson settled into the game/that position and looked dangerous going forward. Oddofin just hasn’t had the chance because of it and while we were in good form.

Haha, sorry if I sounded like a dick. A few players sort of converged on that position, can’t really remember the order. McMillan’s loan spell really seemed to do him good and grew into it; Devlin is established in that position; and Lawson settled into the game/that position and looked dangerous going forward. Oddofin just hasn’t had the chance because of it and while we were in good form.
Odoffin looked decent going forward and has pace to burn but seemed to be lost in a defensive sense plus he doesn't have the physicality the rest of our team does

4 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
6 minutes ago, crispy said:

Odoffin looked decent going forward and has pace to burn but seemed to be lost in a defensive sense plus he doesn't have the physicality the rest of our team does

Agree. Which is weird as he looks pretty solid. 

I was just trying to be funny about the ridiculous situation our recruitment's got us in.

In case anyone missed it:

Test stream of Livi TV (https://lfclive.livingstonfc.co.uk/) between 5-8pm tonight (Tues)

OS article: 
https://bit.ly/LFCVSTT

Username and Password are derived from season ticket card (see link above) if you already have one or by email. I haven’t been able to log in yet and will wait until I’ve tried after 5pm before I email the tvsupport service team to say there’s an issue with my login. 

Also, looking on the bright side side, at least no hefty train fares or petrol money for away games now 😁 Away days are pricey when you factor in ticket and food, too.

Update: logged in and saw the test stream. Very easy.

Edited by crispy

7 hours ago, crispy said:

In case anyone missed it:

Test stream of Livi TV (https://lfclive.livingstonfc.co.uk/) between 5-8pm tonight (Tues)

OS article: 
https://bit.ly/LFCVSTT

Username and Password are derived from season ticket card (see link above) if you already have one or by email. I haven’t been able to log in yet and will wait until I’ve tried after 5pm before I email the tvsupport service team to say there’s an issue with my login. 

Also, looking on the bright side side, at least no hefty train fares or petrol money for away games now 😁 Away days are pricey when you factor in ticket and food, too.

Update: logged in and saw the test stream. Very easy.

Took me 2 hours but eventualy got in.What a pullava. Doesnt help when your computer illiterate. Gettin old.