TheDoctor

Livingston - all the threads merged

Menga is explosive and causes disruptions in oppositions defences, also provides an out ball with his pace and strength, but he's not composed on the ball and has a tendency to just run and run into a blind alley and try to battle his way out of it, instead of looking up and passing it to someone.

Basically has his uses, but a dependable winger isn't one of them.
The coaching team did a fair bit of work on Dykes' composure and Souda's defensive attributes with both improving vastly. If we can do the same work on Menga in his natural wide position we could be looking at a beast of a player...as it stands he's a nuisance for opposition defences but we have better creative options.

Kouider-Aissa would be a decent signing I think, good amount of goals recently and would be cheap as f**k I'd think. Can't hurt to have as a back up, he'll probably do better for us than Erskine did in terms of reliability 

19 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Kouider-Aissa would be a decent signing I think, good amount of goals recently and would be cheap as f**k I'd think. Can't hurt to have as a back up, he'll probably do better for us than Erskine did in terms of reliability 

My dad could probably do better than Erskine did last year and he served in the Royal Engineers during the latter parts of the second World War.

EVERY Salim Kouider-Aïssa goal from the 2019-2020 Season!

On 30/06/2020 at 13:56, Durnford said:

Interesting that he's from Algeria;

Aye he's from that well known Algerian outpost, Kirkintilloch!

16 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

^^^Penalty taker found.

Don't mean to have a downer but some of those goalkeeping displays were just laughable. Quite a few, the headers in particular, had a good chance of going in anyway but some of those attempts made Gary Malley, on a off day, look excellent. His composure for penalty taking was pretty impressive even if his physical build was more reminiscent of Jordyn Sheerin.

We've taken Queens Park striker Salim Kouider-Aissa on trial apparently.
I mean it's just a trial, but he was a League 2 striker last year. It's not giving me the warm feelings.
He scored a double against us last year in the cup and looked very good. It may have been he was trying particularly hard against his former club but I wouldn't have been disappointed if we went for him. That's of course the division below and we were utter shite last season.

15 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Don't mean to have a downer but some of those goalkeeping displays were just laughable. Quite a few, the headers in particular, had a good chance of going in anyway but some of those attempts made Gary Malley, on a off day, look excellent. His composure for penalty taking was pretty impressive even if his physical build was more reminiscent of Jordyn Sheerin.

Didn't miss any, well technically he did miss one but stuck in the rebound, so he still scored.

Yeah noticed he looked a tad lardy arse, still, fitness coaching is pretty good at Livingston, so he'd soon lose a few pounds and get in shape, providing he has the work ethic to do so.

He looks a composed finisher.

it does look like he has a bit of a gut. It must just be his built. His comments in the press this week are that he’s as fit as he’s been.

Not really sure there is much in that video to suggest he’s premiership quality.

20 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Not really sure there is much in that video to suggest he’s premiership quality.

People did say the same about Dykes....in fact a lot of people said it about our entire team when we were promoted. He's got an eye for goal but these videos don't really show you his full game, glad Gary is having a closer look at him at the club before making a move.

18 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

People did say the same about Dykes....in fact a lot of people said it about our entire team when we were promoted. He's got an eye for goal but these videos don't really show you his full game, glad Gary is having a closer look at him at the club before making a move.

Yes fair enough, you can never write anyone off for sure. 

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'm not convinced that's true. Dykes was always seen as second fiddle to Dobbie but clearly had something about him at that level.

Normally highlight reels make players look like world beaters, but I really don't see anything impressive there. Yeah he had a great season, but there's levels to this game.

Yes, he’s totally shit. We‘ll just have him back thank you!

51 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

I'm not convinced that's true. Dykes was always seen as second fiddle to Dobbie but clearly had something about him at that level.

Normally highlight reels make players look like world beaters, but I really don't see anything impressive there. Yeah he had a great season, but there's levels to this game.

Dolly's goal against Hearts where he put 4 or 5 of them on their arses before nutmegging the keeper will be on his highlights video now, folk will think he's as good as Messi. 🤣

Can only put faith on our coaching staff's ability to spot a talent, and the potential to progress to this level.

13 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dolly's goal against Hearts where he put 4 or 5 of them on their arses before nutmegging the keeper will be on his highlights video now, folk will think he's as good as Messi. 🤣

Can only put faith on our coaching staff's ability to spot a talent, and the potential to progress to this level.

He's better than Messi. Wash your mouth out.....

17 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Stupid people maybe.

Dykes quite clearly was way better than our level in his last year, probably could have done a decent job a year earlier too. He'll always get criticism for his goalscoring record. He's done better at Livi where he is the focus of the attack but even with you it's decent but not exceptional. But his game is so much more than just goals. He's strong, powerful and quick. It's a rare combination in a front man. At Queens he played second fiddle in goalscoring to Dobbie, bullying defenders and running the channels to clear space. I know Dobbie is getting on a bit now but he scored 43 goals in Dykes last season with us (and missed two months injured or he might have got 50!). He scored 11 last season. Dykes was by far the biggest reason for the difference. and was clearly destined for better things.

No disrespect but I think someone bigger than Livi might have taken a chance on him last January and I think your management did a smart bit of business to snap him up early and allow the loan back rather than wait and hope to get him in the summer.

Salim Kouider-Aissa never got a look in with us so it's hard to say if he has a chance. He was young when with us and was Jim McIntrye's last signing before moving to Ross County a week later. James Fowler took over and never particularly seemed to rate Salim. He managed a handful of unused sub appearances, played for the Development side a bit and went out on loan to Shotts before being released at the end of the season and joining Stirling Albion. Certainly he was a handful and the biggest single reason Queen's Park put us out of the Scottish Cup last season at Palmerston. We couldn't deal with him. As much as it's easy to look at our end position and say that wasn't unusual, the game was in November and for the 1st half of the season we were on the fringes of the promotion playoffs with a very good defensive record. It only went to shit after New Year when you nicked McCrorie and Thistle enticed Darren Brownlie away. Up to then Salim gave us as much trouble as anyone (certainly more trouble than Lawrence Shankland ever did).