Livingston - all the threads merged

The Rainjurz chatter i've heard is £1.75 millions plus Robbie McCrorie although not sure if that's on loan or permanent. Can't tell if I like that or not...it'd be a decent wedge to get for a player who's only played one season at this level but I'd hate to see him ruin his career at them like the other promising players such as Jake Hastie, Brandon Barker, Jordan Jones etc
McCrorie didn't even play half a season at our level. He only played 8 games for us.
Id rather see Matty back between the sticks.

13 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

McCrorie didn't even play half a season at our level. He only played 8 games for us.
Id rather see Matty back between the sticks.

100% agree, just watched a compilation of his best moments in the past season and he really is outstanding.

Very fitting for the absolute freakshow of a year that is 2020, Lyndon Dykes is trending on Twitter and Kpop fans are really angry about his name, as if a family somewhere very recently chose a homophobic slur as their name.

No, I don’t know either.

7 minutes ago, smpar said:

Very fitting for the absolute freakshow of a year that is 2020, Lyndon Dykes is trending on Twitter and Kpop fans are really angry about his name, as if a family somewhere very recently chose a homophobic slur as their name.

No, I don’t know either.

Spent a few hours pissing myself laughing looking through that trend. 

It keeps everyone talking about the deal too :D hopefully a cool 2m sliding into the coffers any minute and we stump the 250k up front for your lad

45 minutes ago, smpar said:

No, I don’t know either.

Marcus Bent better watch and avoid twitter.

Wonderful stuff. All this stemmed from him dying his hair.

ETA - Someone needs to make a GIF with his head on top of a K-Pop video with the hashtag #btsareshit. That will really set them off.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

11 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

Serious question chaps. Is Lyndon Dykes champions league quality? That must be the rangers ambition.

That's usually how they structure transfers.

£2m spent on Dykes.

8 installments of £200k. £400k when they win the Champions League. 

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Spent a few hours pissing myself laughing looking through that trend. 

It keeps everyone talking about the deal too :D hopefully a cool 2m sliding into the coffers any minute and we stump the 250k up front for your lad

You can stump that up and it'll get swiftly turned back down. 

Gary Holt in today's paper.  https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-boss-gary-holt-says-22239504

Holt said: "There's been nothing concrete for Lyndon, or any of our players for that matter. Nobody has been in touch. We'll have to wait and see what happens but it's been a case of people putting two and two together and getting five."

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I see Andy Ryan has signed for Stirling Albion, he was Airdries golden boy heading for Premiership football, hasn't quite worked out for him then.

It's a weird one really, he absolutely had the talent but I don't think he was suited to full time football, another injury was always around the corner, and whereas some players will really graft at it, the likes of your Shanklands, Dykes and Nisbets, it's not an accident the way they've improved, I don't think he ever really committed himself to football that much. 

He is a goalscorer and will bag up at that level, however I reckon he'll ask himself "what if" one day. 

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Reckon that'll be the case for a while, Kevin Nisbet is definitely away this summer i reckon, will just be a case of the transfer market having to properly heat up and get going. 

Hope we get some announcement on signings or something come Monday - everyone back in training so would make sense to announce then or in the days following. Hopefully something to do with the keeper situation - honestly not keen on McCrorie back tbh as it leaves us without a keeper for 3 games against Rangers. 

12 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Hope we get some announcement on signings or something come Monday - everyone back in training so would make sense to announce then or in the days following. Hopefully something to do with the keeper situation - honestly not keen on McCrorie back tbh as it leaves us without a keeper for 3 games against Rangers. 

Aye, gives me the fear that we are a wee bit behind.

I wouldnt be suprised to see McCrorie back here, maybe with Jamie Mcdonald as back up. 

13 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Or 4 games, top 4 has to be the target this season.;)

I'm just hoping if Dykes does go that we use that money to pay off the rest of the 450kish debt we have to Rankine, and then get Sarkic and Brown in on free contracts - stick the money on their wages

I would be holding on to as much cash as possible right now to make sure we get through the crisis. 

I hope that the support have stepped up and bought season tickets where their circumstances make it possible. Particularly given it seems likely that we will be back in stadiums in August.