Livingston - all the threads merged

Obviously a big step up but Pignatiello spent much of the second half of the season at right back for Stranraer. He did start off in central midfield but from the dunfermline cup game onwards he was at right back. 

4 hours ago, crispy said:

aye, it will be interesting to see if Hamilton can step up right enough. Personally, I don’t think Dolly could do the Dykes job so would be concerned if he was to spearhead out attack. Hope someone can quote me back when he’s had half a dozen goals and as many assists though!

Dolly did exactly that 2 seasons ago when Hardie was out injured up till December, he's not anywhere as good as Dykes as a forward for scoring goals and assists, for a start  his composure is all over the place, but his strength to hold off players and rough them up is excellent, and he always gave us an out ball. 

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Think Lawson has played midfield for us most often...hes a right back for Togo and can't remember him playing at left back. He seems our most versatile player and I would love to see him play as a right winger with Forrest on the left. That would give us some serious pace on the wings.

Stewart

Devlin Ambrose Guthrie Taylor-Sinclair

Bartley Sibbald

Lawson Pittman Forrest

Dykes

That would be a decent shout going forward with the player we have. It would allow us to bring Menga on against a tiring defence to blast down either wing or hold the ball up as a striker. Agreed that a goalkeeper is priority though

Yeah ATS is likely to be chosen on the left over McMillan, that's his natural position, unfortunate for Jack that Devlin will prob be chosen over him on the right too, but he's versatile enough to get games on both sides when either of them are injured/suspended.

Quite a few players can fill the roles all over in midfield, and on the wings, we've a decent quality squad for doing that.

1 hour ago, TAFKAC said:

Obviously a big step up but Pignatiello spent much of the second half of the season at right back for Stranraer. He did start off in central midfield but from the dunfermline cup game onwards he was at right back. 

Any idea how he did?

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dolly did exactly that 2 seasons ago when Hardie was out injured up till December, he's not anywhere as good as Dykes as a forward for scoring goals and assists, for a start  his composure is all over the place, but his strength to hold off players and rough them up is excellent, and he always gave us an out ball. 

For me 18/19 was brilliant in defence (inc. GK); tenacious in midfield; and toothless in attack. I agree that Dolly can rough up and win free kicks.

What’s the status with strips for 20/21? Retain or replace either H or A?
New strips will be incoming, the club will need the money from the replicas so we cant afford to not put out annew strip every year.
Davie said on Facebook that the company that makes the strips in the UK has shut down because of Covid and wont be in production for a wee while.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/53037472

Players back to training 29th June.  Stadium has also been kitted out in preparation for the return. Impressed.

On the kits, I tried to go on the company's website last week but the link failed. I wonder if we will start next season in our current kits?

2 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

New strips will be incoming, the club will need the money from the replicas so we cant afford to not put out annew strip every year.
Davie said on Facebook that the company that makes the strips in the UK has shut down because of Covid and wont be in production for a wee while.

Cheers, that all makes sense, thanks for clarifying.

12 hours ago, crispy said:

For me 18/19 was brilliant in defence (inc. GK); tenacious in midfield; and toothless in attack. I agree that Dolly can rough up and win free kicks.

He gave us an out ball though, and was pretty quick bursting with pace chasing after it, and for not playing with a recognised striker for a big chunk of the season I thought we did not too bad for scoring goals.  We beat Hibs and Sevco that year, including the famous 5-0 win over Hearts (which coined the Spaghettihad tag), and the 4-0 win over Dundee (admittedly they got relegated that year lol), not bad for being toothless in attack.;)

Ideally we'll have Dykes still here, we wont get another striker as good as him if he leaves, and will prob have to just work with what we've got, Dolly, Hamilton, Robbo & Tiffoney. For me Dolly is the only one with the physicality to give us that important out ball, Hamilton has the build for it but has still to show he can deal with Premiership defenders all on his own.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Declan McManus is out of contract isn't he? Would be a decent signing for us as a backup striker I think?

18 goals in 26, albeit at a shite level but that's stats much alike Shankland and Nisbet and not as much attention. Could be a player that goes on to have a cracking season next season and gets the same level of attention.

I'm sure he'd take a wage we'd offer to have a crack at the Premiership. 

Sarkic on a free as well but I doubt we'll be able to afford him. Seems to have loved his time here though and we could do a deal similar to Kelly where we stick in a low release clause in order to keep him for a season, sell on % too. Basically put himself in the shop window and advertise he's able to leave for next to nothing. Would be well worth the cost for us, even if it'll feel shite to let him go for pennies.

On 13/06/2020 at 19:31, EdinburghLivi said:

Any idea how he did?

He was decent. Obviously, a bit of a learning curve in that it was first team football and the right back position. I'm not sure if Stranraer had a player of the year 'event' given everything that is going on but I imagine he would have had a good chance of being young player of the year.

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I'd completely forgot about the hill outside the ground. What's to stop someone, when we're playing behind closed doors, to just go stand on the hill and watch the game? :D 

That’s a tremendous shout! Haha. Live stream on the phone or laptop for replays!

Edited by crispy

Hamilton Accies and Livingston named winners of their reserve leagues, congrats to our diddy alliance partner, the Alliance is strong.[emoji123]
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hamilton-livingston-named-reserve-league-22201664

I do hope we’ll be taking the appropriate legal action considering we were only 3 points behind with a game in hand.

It’s time to act in the best interests of Ayr United Reserves.