Livingston - all the threads merged

I see big Marvin Bartley got Player's Player of the Season 2019/20. 

Delighted for him.  He was a fantastic player for Hibs - a great guy to have on and off the park, a right character and hard as nails.  We made a huge mistake letting him go, but has been to Livi's massive gain (and his).  Developing into a great pundit as well - so think he is here to stay in our game regardless, which can only be a good thing.  

Better than the 400 and odd thousand that was being bandied about linking him to Sevco. Agree with Hooch, 2M  seems reasonable comparing it to other Premiership teams best players price tags, esp a good big striker who caused both erse cheeks problems.

I see Celtic are being linked to him now too, is that to stop Sevco getting him, would be funny if Celtic came in with a big bid and loaned him back to us. 

1 minute ago, AberdeenHibee said:

I see big Marvin Bartley got Player's Player of the Season 2019/20. 

Delighted for him.  He was a fantastic player for Hibs - a great guy to have on and off the park, a right character and hard as nails.  We made a huge mistake letting him go, but has been to Livi's massive gain (and his).  Developing into a great pundit as well - so think he is here to stay in our game regardless, which can only be a good thing.  

Fits right in with how we play, no nonsense player that just gets stuck in and breaks up play. Good banter too going by his twitter comments winding other Livi players up. Big Guthrie was getting it tight from him after each award he got, Marv telling our LSC (travelling supporters) to shut down their twitter account when they gave their PoTY to Guthrie.

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Compared to the value some teams are looking at for their star players, I'd say it was very fair. Was Turnbull not meant to be going for £3million?

Yes, but that’s Turnbull.

7 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Yes, but that’s Turnbull.

Yeah but this is Dykes

In all seriousness, it's fantastic to see us standing up and demanding a decent fee for a player like this. We've lost too many players for free or for pitiful fees over the years; Marvin Andrews, Snodgrass, Dorrans, Griffiths, MacKay, Davidson and Mullen are just a few that come to mind

Edited by Cptn Hooch

13 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Yeah but this is Dykes

In all seriousness, it's fantastic to see us standing up and demanding a decent fee for a player like this. We've lost too many players for free or for pitiful fees over the years; Marvin Andrews, Snodgrass, Dorrans, Griffiths, MacKay, Davidson and Mullen are just a few that come to mind

Yeah, who was the last player who left us for big money? I can't think of anyone who went for a lot since Fernandez. Griffiths and Dorrans both went for peanuts compared to what they were worth

23 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Yeah but this is Dykes

Yes absolutely, I’m not a long standing Motherwell supporter ( around 5 years) but clubs do try and take advantage of the smaller teams and thankfully Motherwell are no longer caving in. Don’t get me wrong regarding Dykes, he’s a very good player.

Edited by Yorky

Danny Mullen's contract is up at St Mirren, wonder if a return to Livi would be worth a look. Always makes a nuisance of himself, and can score the odd 25 yarder, pain in the arse when he goes down far too easily, but did work on that a bit the season he left us. Could play on the opposite wing to Forrest, or in a mid 3 behind Dykes/Dolly.

39 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Danny Mullen's contract is up at St Mirren, wonder if a return to Livi would be worth a look. Always makes a nuisance of himself, and can score the odd 25 yarder, pain in the arse when he goes down far too easily, but did work on that a bit the season he left us. Could play on the opposite wing to Forrest, or in a mid 3 behind Dykes/Dolly.

Would not take. Championship was his level. If we're looking to make improvements then we should be targetting higher IMO.

I suspect that with everything going on then there will be a lot of quality players going cheaply this summer. We can do better than Danny Mullen.

Agree unfortunately. Liked him a lot as a player but I don't think we should be making any additions outwith a goalkeeper at this point.

We have a squad of 26 players at this point which (even with the potential of 5 subs being allowed) is probably too big. 

7 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Agree unfortunately. Liked him a lot as a player but I don't think we should be making any additions outwith a goalkeeper at this point.

We have a squad of 26 players at this point which (even with the potential of 5 subs being allowed) is probably too big. 

How big a squad did we have last season when we were struggling to fill the bench with subs a few times.  Think we could still be adding a few players yet, prob get some loaned players right enough. Hopefully we don't lose any more too, that's what,  2 GK's, 2 defenders, and a winger left/went back from loan deals, and we've only signed one player. plus some fringe players coming back from loan deals. 

Meant to be signing a GK, anyone know who it is?

9 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Meant to be signing a GK, anyone know who it is?

I'm not one for getting people's hopes up with unrealistic signings, but Sarkic did say in his video "Hope to see you all soon" :whistle

More likely meaning seeing anything other than the walls in his house, but I'll take it as he is absolutely definitely signing a 5 year deal.

Other than that, wouldn't surprise me if we're one of the clubs in for Scott Fox.

4 hours ago, LiviLion said:

I'm not one for getting people's hopes up with unrealistic signings, but Sarkic did say in his video "Hope to see you all soon" :whistle

More likely meaning seeing anything other than the walls in his house, but I'll take it as he is absolutely definitely signing a 5 year deal.

Other than that, wouldn't surprise me if we're one of the clubs in for Scott Fox.

👌🤣

Sarkic would be amazing,  he's worth a few assists with his kick outs as well as a good keeper. Think he's trying to get signed up by Sunderland though. 

12 hours ago, LiviLion said:

I thought this too. Happy to report that if we were, we appear to have dodged the bullet.

image.thumb.png.8f9e129583d318e66c9e10ee709a38d5.png

Is this our best lineup as things stand? I think the only questions are at full-back. 

If we don't sign a new keeper, I would hope we give Schwake a run in friendlies. I think he was on loan at Linlithgow before the season stopped.

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

image.thumb.png.8f9e129583d318e66c9e10ee709a38d5.png

Is this our best lineup as things stand? I think the only questions are at full-back. 

If we don't sign a new keeper, I would hope we give Schwake a run in friendlies. I think he was on loan at Linlithgow before the season stopped.

Yea, I think you’ve called it. I feel like Devlin might be more suited to going forward but that’s probably the side. McMillan has come on great since his loan spell.

Assuming Dykes stays it would be good if we could add another wide player to that but realistically we need another powerful forward. 

2 minutes ago, crispy said:

Assuming Dykes stays it would be good if we could add another wide player to that but realistically we need another powerful forward. 

I feel like Menga or Hamilton could step up into the Dykes role. Menga needs more composure, Hamilton needs more game time to see if he can make a sustained impact at Premiership level.

aye, it will be interesting to see if Hamilton can step up right enough. Personally, I don’t think Dolly could do the Dykes job so would be concerned if he was to spearhead out attack. Hope someone can quote me back when he’s had half a dozen goals and as many assists though!

We might need one in for cover at FB but all of those options are cracking players.

Ideally in this order I can see us strengthening: GK, Winger, CB. Even at that Menga and Tiffoney can play on the wing. Maybe a CM?

Also was Lawson not a LB? Not sure he played on the right for us but again he's another that can play CM. We've got a good few utility players which for circumstances like this will put us in a good spot

38 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We might need one in for cover at FB but all of those options are cracking players.

Ideally in this order I can see us strengthening: GK, Winger, CB. Even at that Menga and Tiffoney can play on the wing. Maybe a CM?

Also was Lawson not a LB? Not sure he played on the right for us but again he's another that can play CM. We've got a good few utility players which for circumstances like this will put us in a good spot

Think Lawson has played midfield for us most often...hes a right back for Togo and can't remember him playing at left back. He seems our most versatile player and I would love to see him play as a right winger with Forrest on the left. That would give us some serious pace on the wings.

Stewart

Devlin Ambrose Guthrie Taylor-Sinclair

Bartley Sibbald

Lawson Pittman Forrest

Dykes

That would be a decent shout going forward with the player we have. It would allow us to bring Menga on against a tiring defence to blast down either wing or hold the ball up as a striker. Agreed that a goalkeeper is priority though