Jump to content
TheDoctor

Livingston - all the threads merged

Recommended Posts

Yeah, ATS will probably stick around, which would be decent business. I suspect that if Lawless wanted to stick around he'd have signed a new deal by now, and will be out the door. Which is a shame, but noone can blame him at 29 looking for the biggest contract of his career after a season like this one.

Who all is out of contract? Lawless is the biggest one, I think Odoffin might be? Other than that, I have no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

We end the season with our second best finish ever and a positive goal difference. It's been a very enjoyable one.

 

 

7 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Finishing 5th. Absolutely outstanding achievement, but in the circumstances it feels a little hollow.

Outstanding job by everyone involved. Hopefully some magic happens that allows us all to get back into stadia by August, but I wouldn't bet on it.

At least we now get to prepare for next season. Hopefully we see Lawless & Dykes again next year, or if not then I hope Dykes goes for 7 figures.

It is a great achievement but I'm gutted Livi didn't get the chance to see out the fight for Euro place. We had one game against 'Well (1 win in last 10 games) and two against Aberdeen remaining. Thought we were in with a good chance of taking a spot. That Motherwell have won only 46% of their games and lost one more than us; and with an almost identical GD record, says that there isn't a lot between us and them, for me.

Edited by crispy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Yeah, ATS will probably stick around, which would be decent business. I suspect that if Lawless wanted to stick around he'd have signed a new deal by now, and will be out the door. Which is a shame, but noone can blame him at 29 looking for the biggest contract of his career after a season like this one.

Who all is out of contract? Lawless is the biggest one, I think Odoffin might be? Other than that, I have no idea.

It wouldn't surprise if Lawless was interesting bigger clubs so I fear he will move on, along with Dykes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We threw away so many points from winning positions and didn't pick up many that were undeserved on the balance of play. I am sure other teams will say the same but I agree with you, crispy - there was not much between us and the two teams above us.

Motivation for next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goalkeepers

1. Ross Stewart - 2021

30. Brian Schwake - 2021 (?)

40. Gary Maley - 2021

 

Defenders

2. Nicky Devlin - 2021 (1 year extension option)

4. Alan Lithgow - 2021

14. Hakeem Odoffin - 2021

15. Cece Pepe - 2021 (1 year extension option)

21. Jack McMillan - 2022

25. Efe Ambrose - 2021

27. Jon Guthrie - 2021 (1 year extension option)

 

Midfielders

6. Marvin Bartley - 2022

7. Keaghan Jacobs - 2022

8. Scott Pittman - 2021

10. Craig Sibbald - 2022

16. Robbie Crawford - 2021

33. Steve Lawson - 2021

 

Forwards

9. Lyndon Dykes - 2022

17. Scott Robinson - 2021

20. Aymen Souda - 2021 (1 year extension option)

23. Raffaele De Vita - 2021

24. Dolly Menga - 2021(?)

38. Jack Hamilton - 2022

Alan Forrest - 2022

 

Out of Contract

5. Ricki Lamie

11. Steven Lawless

19. Chris Erskine

22. Scott Tiffoney

29. Aaron Taylor-Sinclair

37. Craig Henderson (Unsure on this?)

39. Carlo Pignatiello (Unsure on this?)

 

In

Alan Forrest - Ayr United

 

Out

Robbie McCrorie - Rangers (Loan Return)

Ciaron Brown - Cardiff (Loan Return)

Ryan Schofield - Huddersfield (Loan Return)

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New 'keeper definitely your priority then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

New 'keeper definitely your priority then.

Yep, I don't rate Stewart at all.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been fantastic at bringing in keepers the last few seasons, Alexander, Kelly & Sarkic were all outstanding. Same goes for defenders, after losing Halkett & Gallagher it was a huge hole to fill, but Guthrie has certainly done that, and Brown coming back on loan for a 2nd stint paired up nicely to form a formidable CB pairing. Devlin & ATS also worked out well with us switching to a back 4, and having big Marv in there protecting the midfield helped too.

Anyway, bit of a damp squib to the season ending with a lockdown/shutdown, but a well deserved 5th place finish for the team, hopefully we'll get to vote for PoTY, and have those awards handed out, some worthy nominations this season, in our 2nd best Premiership season in our history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Goalkeepers

1. Ross Stewart - 2021

40. Gary Maley - Rolling

 

Defenders

2. Nicky Devlin - 2021 (1 year extension option)

4. Alan Lithgow - 2021

14. Hakeem Odoffin - 2021

15. Cece Pepe - 2021 (1 year extension option)

21. Jack McMillan - 2022

25. Efe Ambrose - 2021

27. Jon Guthrie - 2021 (1 year extension option)

33. Steve Lawson - 2021

 

Midfielders

6. Marvin Bartley - 2022

7. Keaghan Jacobs - 2022

8. Scott Pittman - 2021

10. Craig Sibbald - 2022

16. Robbie Crawford - 2021

 

Forwards

9. Lyndon Dykes - 2022

17. Scott Robinson - 2021

20. Aymen Souda - 2021 (1 year extension option)

23. Raffaele De Vita - 2021

38. Jack Hamilton - 2022

Alan Forrest - 2022

 

Out of Contract

5. Ricki Lamie

11. Steven Lawless

19. Chris Erskine

22. Scott Tiffoney

24. Dolly Menga (Unsure on this?)

29. Aaron Taylor-Sinclair

30. Brian Schwake (Unsure on this?)

37. Craig Henderson (Unsure on this?)

39. Carlo Pignatiello (Unsure on this?)

 

In

Alan Forrest - Ayr United

 

Out

Robbie McCrorie - Rangers (Loan Return)

Ciaron Brown - Cardiff (Loan Return)

Ryan Schofield - Huddersfield (Loan Return)

Only thing I think is Dolly having another year - he signed an extension to make up for going out on loan. Let's get Devlin and Guthrie extended ASAP though!

Reckon we'll see Lawless go, and Dykes will go for no less than 7 figures barring an absolute scandal on our part. 

Saw that Scougall is out of contract atm, we'd need a striker too - huge step up and he turned us down before but Nathan Austin? Scored something like 48 goals in 36 games with Kelty, then again I'm sure Jordyn Sheerin had similar numbers :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Only thing I think is Dolly having another year - he signed an extension to make up for going out on loan. Let's get Devlin and Guthrie extended ASAP though!

Reckon we'll see Lawless go, and Dykes will go for no less than 7 figures barring an absolute scandal on our part. 

Saw that Scougall is out of contract atm, we'd need a striker too - huge step up and he turned us down before but Nathan Austin? Scored something like 48 goals in 36 games with Kelty, then again I'm sure Jordyn Sheerin had similar numbers :D 

Yeah, I think you're right as Callum Caron mentioned it when he was about to move.  Will amend.

Agree with you on Lawless leaving which may mean Souda coming in more regularly with Rafa as backup. I don't think we will be bringing many in given the money we stand to lose. 

Would rather see Jack Hamilton getting a chance than us going for Austin - he's not shown much above League 1 level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Livingston football club write off £200,000 of loans by having them converted into shares along with a wee cash injection top in the form of new shares issued for cash.

 

Untitled.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, crispy said:

 

It is a great achievement but I'm gutted Livi didn't get the chance to see out the fight for Euro place. We had one game against 'Well (1 win in last 10 games) and two against Aberdeen remaining. Thought we were in with a good chance of taking a spot. That Motherwell have won only 46% of their games and lost one more than us; and with an almost identical GD record, says that there isn't a lot between us and them, for me.

Well there is the small stat of Motherwell having seven more points, that’s quite a gap. Personally I think there are two Livi teams, the one that plays at home and takes full advantage of the pitch and the one you sometimes see away from home who look a whole level lower at times. There is no doubt that they have done amazingly well given the budget though so fair play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yorky said:

Well there is the small stat of Motherwell having seven more points, that’s quite a gap. Personally I think there are two Livi teams, the one that plays at home and takes full advantage of the pitch and the one you sometimes see away from home who look a whole level lower at times. There is no doubt that they have done amazingly well given the budget though so fair play.

I think Motherwell & Aberdeen were about 14 points ahead of us around Xmas time, and we got within touching distance of both of you, reckon we could've caught up and got at least 4th place, or at least given the team sitting 4th a good challenge. Our home record against Aberdeen is surprisingly poor too, we'd have needed to have sorted that out too. 

Really enjoyed this season, as good as it was though, there is still room for improvement, so many games where we were 2 goals up and ended up with draws, something to work on next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yorky said:

Well there is the small stat of Motherwell having seven more points, that’s quite a gap. Personally I think there are two Livi teams, the one that plays at home and takes full advantage of the pitch and the one you sometimes see away from home who look a whole level lower at times. There is no doubt that they have done amazingly well given the budget though so fair play.

I can hardly remember our 0-0 game - says a lot. The game Motherwell beat us in at Fir Park was very close. Lawson squandered a sitter near the end and both 'Well goals were fortuitous. You may remember that, for the first, Sarkic let the ball run between his legs and second was a shot going wide that we (Guthrie?) blocked and it fell right into the path of Campbell. Post-match comments on both threads were that it could've gone either way. The second Almondvale game was all Livi. 

I maintain that "there isn't a lot between us and them". Also, saw a few 'Well fans on your own thread questioning whether the team is as good as recent years or the 3rd best this season. That aside, good news for the Scottish game with the young players coming through there. Also, it's remarkable the season that Gallagher has had and quite the contrast compared to Halkett. 

Edited by crispy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

St Johnstone would've overtaken Livingston imo.

I had all but forgotten our most recent game in Perth. Our performance that day doesn't suit my Euro agenda 🤣 I wonder if there will be a day when our teams matching up IS an exciting prospect?

Edit: i remember the 3-1 Scottish Cup game many moons ago. That was exciting for us at least. David Bingham was out injured i'm sure. I knew then it wouldn't be our year.

Bit of a tanget here but nice looking back, 

"It was August 1995 that the teams first met competitively in a Coca-Cola Cup Second Round clash.

The match ended 1-1 (AET) with George O'Boyle on target for Saints. It ultimately ended in disappointment though as the Third Division visitors progressed on 2-4 on penalties.

Saints got their first win over Livingston three seasons later though, winning 3-1 away from home in the Scottish Cup.

A double from Roddy Grant either side of a Fizzy Scott goal helped Saints advance. Former Hearts and Scotland international striker John Robertson was on target for Livi.

Former Saints youth players Charlie King and Paul Deas both featured for Livingston that day."

Edited by crispy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, crispy said:

I can hardly remember our 0-0 game - says a lot. The game Motherwell beat us in at Fir Park was very close. Lawson squandered a sitter near the end and both 'Well goals were fortuitous. You may remember that, for the first, Sarkic let the ball run between his legs and second was a shot going wide that we (Guthrie?) blocked and it fell right into the path of Campbell. Post-match comments on both threads were that it could've gone either way. The second Almondvale game was all Livi. 

I maintain that "there isn't a lot between us and them". Also, saw a few 'Well fans on your own thread questioning whether the team is as good as recent years or the 3rd best this season. That aside, good news for the Scottish game with the young players coming through there. Also, it's remarkable the season that Gallagher has had and quite the contrast compared to Halkett. 

If I remember correctly Halkett was rated far higher than Gallagher at Livi ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

St Johnstone would've overtaken Livingston imo.

Bottom 6 teams can't overtake top 6 teams mate, Hibs would've joined us in the top 6 for the split.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yorky said:

If I remember correctly Halkett was rated far higher than Gallagher at Livi ?

Still is.

He's had a horrendous time at Hearts, injury and in a disjointed team with a change of managers seeing the players not knowing what exactly they're meant to be doing, but at Livi he was one of the best in the league. Dec has had a great season at Well, and i'm pleased for him, we were lucky to have both him and Craig at Livi. I think Halks will come good again and get a Scotland call up, he's tremendous at getting onto set pieces and scores lots of goals too, real shame how things went for him at Hearts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...