TheDoctor

Livingston - all the threads merged

I can’t understand why we haven’t signed Efe. Enjoy watching him, a Rolls Royce of a player.
He hasn't kicked a ball competatively since he left you guys. That's concerning.
But we all know how good he is.
Pretty happy but will wait to see how it turns out.

Think it’s a class signing and it’ll probably take him some time to get back up to speed. We now have so many cb’s though, Lithgow, Guthrie, brown, lamie, pepe and Ambrose. I think pepe and lamie will be gone at the end of the season, but I would’ve liked to try get brown again next season with his contract expiring at Cardiff. Not sure what our best pairing between Guthrie, Brown and Ambrose will be. 

4 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Think it’s a class signing and it’ll probably take him some time to get back up to speed. We now have so many cb’s though, Lithgow, Guthrie, brown, lamie, pepe and Ambrose. I think pepe and lamie will be gone at the end of the season, but I would’ve liked to try get brown again next season with his contract expiring at Cardiff. Not sure what our best pairing between Guthrie, Brown and Ambrose will be. 

Ambrose plus AN Other

He plays his best stuff in a back 3. Which makes it even crazier that we didn't offer him a contract.

Very, very jealous that you have signed him. He has a natural fitness which should mean it doesn't take him too long to get back up to speed. His kryptonite, Gary Mackay-Steven, has also left the league.

Interesting one! Does look like he can play a bit when i've seen him, too. Glad to read the positive reports. What are the weaker parts of his game? I can't think of any specific gaffs but the idea of him being robbed with the ball comes to mind. In descending order of current favour: Guthrie> Brown> Lithgow/Lamie(/unproven Pepe). I imagine we'll be losing at least one of those guys. 

6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Ambrose plus AN Other

At the moment it's Guthrie plus AN Other.

Brown has settled in beside him though, Ambrose will need to earn his place like anyone else at Livi. Exciting signing though, but could be next season before we get the best out of him if he hasn't had a game for such a long time. Obv must've been struggling or we wouldn't have managed to sign him.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

At the moment it's Guthrie plus AN Other.

Brown has settled in beside him though, Ambrose will need to earn his place like anyone else at Livi. Exciting signing though, but could be next season before we get the best out of him if he hasn't had a game for such a long time. Obv must've been struggling or we wouldn't have managed to sign him.

Aye, possibly right.

Lots of Hibs fans saying he is naturally fit..........which he is............but a year out is a long time.

Cracking player when on song though.

As to how you managed to sign him? I think he really enjoyed life in this part of the world and Livi is not a million miles away. I suspect its less about cash and more about his desire to be playing and living in the area.

6 minutes ago, conboyhibs said:

He plays his best stuff in a back 3. Which makes it even crazier that we didn't offer him a contract.

Very, very jealous that you have signed him. He has a natural fitness which should mean it doesn't take him too long to get back up to speed. His kryptonite, Gary Mackay-Steven, has also left the league.

18 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Could go back to a back 3 then, or at least have that as an option for tactically switching to it in games. Guthrie, Brown & Ambrose.

Lamie like McMillan is a good utility player for a FB position, so I think we'll keep him for next season.

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Aye, possibly right.

Lots of Hibs fans saying he is naturally fit..........which he is............but a year out is a long time.

As to how you managed to sign him? I think he really enjoyed life in this part of the world and Livi is not a million miles away. I suspect its less about cash and more about his desire to be playing and living in the area.

After Marvin Bartley, maybe Livingston is going to be the retirement home for old Hibees that still want to stay in Edinburgh. I'll expect our entire back line to be playing for Livi two seasons hence...

Edited by Aim Here

4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Aye, possibly right.

That was why Marv said he signed for us, so possibly the same with Efe yep.

3 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

After Marvin Bartley, maybe Livingston is going to be the retirement home for old Hibees that still want to stay in Edinburgh. I'll expect our entire back line to be playing for Livi two seasons hence...

Wouldn't want any of your current back line going on what they've been like this season. Marv has been brilliant for us, possibly PoTY, hopefully Efe is a success too.

Efe was brilliant for us, can’t help but feel let down by the way he left though.

It’ll maybe take him a while to get going but I’d guess he’ll be your standout player before the end of the season. Hope I never have to see him somersault against us. 

Dont know how weve managed it but great signing for us imo.Think we tried to get him a couple of months ago.Weve got him now.Welcome Effe. Yer a Lion now.

Along with many other I suspect that Pepe will be away but also I think there's a question mark about Lithgow. How many times has he now tried to come back after injury/hernia opp and dropped off for a while again. He's 32 in a few weeks time and I suspect his chances of getting back into top flight football aren't looking that rosy.

Could be wrong though - he's already proved me wrong about being able to lift his game to the premiership which I didnt think he had a chance when we watched him in the first division.

50 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Efe was brilliant for us, can’t help but feel let down by the way he left though.

It’ll maybe take him a while to get going but I’d guess he’ll be your standout player before the end of the season. Hope I never have to see him somersault against us. 

Efe didn't somersault when he scored the first goal in that 2-2 game against Celtic at ER in late 2017. I suspect if he scores against us, he might lay off the celebrations...

I suspect Cece Pepe will be away (actually forgot he existed). Would not be against Brown being signed at the end of the season as he has looked not bad since a pretty shaky debut, which would leave us with him, Ambrose, Guthrie, Lithgow and Lamie (latter covering both CB and LB in all likelihood).

Certainly well stacked but another forward would’ve been good.