Livingston - all the threads merged

It appears James Scott is going to Hull for £1.5 million....he's not as important to Motherwell as Dykes is to us so we should easily be looking for a couple of million which would rule out the rangers....although it seems they have got kamberi so I think we're safe for this window

Mon the Dolly, ya fucking dancer.:bounce2

Don't want to brag but I said this would happen.:guinness

Brilliant news, we'll really run riot with him and Dykes up front, and wee Pitts back in amongst the goals too, Dolly is the perfect player to rough up defences leaving Dykes free to get in on goal.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Brilliant news, we'll really run riot with him and Dykes up front, and wee Pitts back in amongst the goals too, Dolly is the perfect player to rough up defences leaving Dykes free to get in on goal.

Yeh strange how some people forget when hes on his game he is undoubtably a handfull that defenders dont like.If he can recapture his good form will be brilliant for us. Welcome home Dolly.

Menga is unquestionably a good striking option for us in the second half of the season. He's another battering ram to use when Dykes is tired or off form in a game. 

Loads of people said he was a winger but I completely disagree. Stick him up top, let him occupy the defenders and create space for the players around him.

55 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

With two upfront, who would you have in midfield, if fit? Bartley and Lawless undroppable and Pittman is stalwart in the current system. With two up top there would be less onus on Pittman to get beyond so maybe someone who just sits in? Robinson would go left for me. Menga is an enigma and I hope it’s just not to replace Dykes 😯

13 minutes ago, crispy said:

With two upfront, who would you have in midfield, if fit? Bartley and Lawless undroppable and Pittman is stalwart in the current system. With two up top there would be less onus on Pittman to get beyond so maybe someone who just sits in? Robinson would go left for me. Menga is an enigma and I hope it’s just not to replace Dykes 😯

Bbc Scotland reporting Livingstons business finished for the night.If so thank god.Lyndon and Dolly up front anyone.

44 minutes ago, crispy said:

I'd have him in the mid 3 just behind Dykes for either Souda or Robbo, that still gives him freedom to join Dykes up front when making attacking runs. Can't see us changing to a 4-4-2, and not really wanting us to. Also gives us an attacking option for an outball if Dykes gets injured/suspended, or just needs rested, Dolly isn't a goal scorer of Dykes quality but he did a decent job last season when Hardie was out injured, Robbo just doesn't give us that physical presence to be a back up for Dykes but Dolly does.

I'm fucking delighted that Dolly is back:

1) We've spent all season lamenting the fact that we don't have a backup striker.

2) The tight bond between players and the upbeat dressing room has been a massive part of our success over the last 3 years. He's clearly a big personality in the dressing room, and knows exactly how to keep that atmosphere going

3) Last season we played with wingbacks rather than wingers. Lawless has excelled in the new role, and I expect Menga will too. His shooting boots are clearly shit, but his direct running, power and unpredictability fit a lot better to the winger role

4) He's fucking box office. None of our other players have attempted to headbutt someone for no reason against the OF this year.

The Mengabus is coming. 

15 hours ago, thruthenight said:

I'm fucking delighted that Dolly is back:

1) We've spent all season lamenting the fact that we don't have a backup striker.

2) The tight bond between players and the upbeat dressing room has been a massive part of our success over the last 3 years. He's clearly a big personality in the dressing room, and knows exactly how to keep that atmosphere going

3) Last season we played with wingbacks rather than wingers. Lawless has excelled in the new role, and I expect Menga will too. His shooting boots are clearly shit, but his direct running, power and unpredictability fit a lot better to the winger role

4) He's fucking box office. None of our other players have attempted to headbutt someone for no reason against the OF this year.

The Mengabus is coming. 

Gives us a player who could come in and give Dykes a break for this spell of midweek games, could start Dolly against ICT next week to rest up Dykes for the midweek St Mirren game, with us having 5 games in the next fortnight. And bring him on for Dykes against County on Wed night if we're a couple of goals up 2nd half. If for nothing else than to give opposition players a hard time and us an out ball to get it up the pitch and waste time when we're seeing out a game.

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Gives us a player who could come in and give Dykes a break for this spell of midweek games, could start Dolly against ICT next week to rest up Dykes for the midweek St Mirren game, with us having 5 games in the next fortnight. And bring him on for Dykes against County on Wed night if we're a couple of goals up 2nd half. If for nothing else than to give opposition players a hard time and us an out ball to get it up the pitch and waste time when we're seeing out a game.

I'm certain I read that Dolly's played 7 minutes of football this season. He will be well off the pace, and I'd be surprised if he got a few minutes up at Caley at the very most over the next few games. Agree that he is a good option to have though, at the very least he's clearly a good figure in the dressing room and the inevitable banter arising from his stepovers-to-nowhere routine will be excellent.

Just now, Afro said:

I'm certain I read that Dolly's played 7 minutes of football this season. He will be well off the pace, and I'd be surprised if he got a few minutes up at Caley at the very most over the next few games. Agree that he is a good option to have though, at the very least he's clearly a good figure in the dressing room and the inevitable banter arising from his stepovers-to-nowhere routine will be excellent.

I just don’t see who he deserves to start in ahead of. If Dykes is off the park there’s maybe a case to have him on. Then I remember the turmoil he caused Hamilton in the 3-3 last year - what an enigma 😅

1 hour ago, Afro said:

Someone posted the 7 minutes fact on the Livi facebook group, but it's a load of shite. He's had 314 minutes (which, admittedly isn't that much better). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_Atlético_Petróleos_de_Luanda_season

Ward on Twitter saying that even if we do qualify for European football we probably won't even be allowed to play as we don't have Uefa certification. I remember something coming out about that at the start of the season, only us and Hamilton were given 'No Award' with Celtic taking an A grade, Rangers B etc... but without that we'd be disqualified I guess? Also went on to say it's unlikely we'd get it in time nor be granted special dispensation