Livingston - all the threads merged

2 hours ago, thruthenight said:

The only game I've seen ATS in was up in Aberdeen, and I felt like he was a liability in that game. Too big a gap between him and the CBs on too many occassions, and didn't seem to be showing any skill going forward either. Although by all accounts, he seems to have done well and perhaps this was just a bad game.

There weren't many of our players looked very good that day though

Craig Sibbald continues to be linked with us but notice he’s started your last few games so doubt you’d be looking to get rid?

While I’m here how have Devlin and Crawford got on? Noticed Devlin has been out with a long(ish) term injury. He due back? 

36 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aberdeen seem to be our Kryptonite team in the Premiership, oh for the days we pumped them 6 times in the one season.

Aye, it really is annoying. There’s a fair bit of discontent on their thread about the lack of shots at goal, and even that game at Almondvale they only had two on target against us both of which were quite lucky. Clearly, they are doing something right though! 

Edited by crispy

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Craig Sibbald continues to be linked with us but notice he’s started your last few games so doubt you’d be looking to get rid?

While I’m here how have Devlin and Crawford got on? Noticed Devlin has been out with a long(ish) term injury. He due back? 

Devlin, like the rest of the defence, were caught out a couple of times early doors. He’s a star for hitting the piping byline. Really please with that signing. Crawford also a great engine and a very Livi type of player. 

Sibbald has a great footballers brain. I do wonder if he has the power to maintain a place in the team.

Sibbald has done very well recently. I doubt we'd be looking to offload him, though we are pretty stacked with midfield options. Devlin was great prior to his injury. His pace is a huge asset. However, he will not find it easy to get back into the team as Steve Lawson has been in superb form as our RB. Crawford has a great engine and is good with the ball at his feet. Has not looked out of place at this level.

22 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

A month or so ago I think there were a few Livi fans tipping him to leave, mainly because he was playing as a winger and not much better than our other wingers. Playing him in the right position now I can't see us letting him go unless we're getting a decent offer and/or have a better replacement lined up.

Can only echo what others have said about Devlin and Crawford. Devlin is probably the first proper RB we've had for years and he's been excellent. Crawford took a bit longer to get going but also put in some good performances.

Crawford has come in and allowed Pittman to play further up the pitch too, him and big Marv are excellent as holding mids to break up play and drive us forward, as has been mentioned, he has some energy about him, to run about closing players down all game.

Devlin is really solid at the back, and takes absolutely no chances when going forward, only criticism I have is him getting in the way a couple of times with deflections past Sarkic, but these things happen, as big Jon Guthrie was also on the end of another one in the Aberdeen away game. Think he'll be ready to play again after  we come back from the winter break. And as good as Lawson has been, I think Devlin is better defensively, and what Lawson was really excellent at playing as a RB, was driving forward and getting down the wing, which he could still do playing in front of Devlin.

Saw a tweet from a Livi fan saying you’re in for Alan Forrest. Said it could be a similar deal to the one you negotiated for Lyndon Dykes (a small fee and a loan back). Gary Holt was also at our last game vs QOTS so maybe something in it.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Saw a tweet from a Livi fan saying you’re in for Alan Forrest. Said it could be a similar deal to the one you negotiated for Lyndon Dykes (a small fee and a loan back). Gary Holt was also at our last game vs QOTS so maybe something in it.

We do like a midfielder, think he'd be an excellent signing going on how much playing experience he's had for his age, and the amount of goals he's scored. We'll prob end up playing him as a striker.:lol:

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think we are going to be linked with a few players and viceaverca.Until i see it confirmed by the club il try and ignore all the rumours at this time of the year.We are doing better than i expected and personally i cant wait to see the back of January. 

I’d be looking at offering Sibbald a new deal as opposed to offloading him. Has come on leaps and bounds the past 6 weeks or so and has been noted, has a very good footballing brain. Can’t see why he’d drop down to the Championship now when he’s on the cusp of becoming an established starter with us.

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I wouldn’t claim to know his game inside out but this is an exciting prospect for me. So much of our creativity goes through Lawless so another dynamic wide player is very welcome. 

On 31/12/2019 at 19:13, hoobahabba said:
On 31/12/2019 at 14:16, ayrunitedfw said:

Sibbald has done very well recently. I doubt we'd be looking to offload him, though we are pretty stacked with midfield options. Devlin was great prior to his injury. His pace is a huge asset. However, he will not find it easy to get back into the team as Steve Lawson has been in superb form as our RB. Crawford has a great engine and is good with the ball at his feet. Has not looked out of place at this level.

Lawson is okay at the back, brilliant going forward. Devlin will get in without a doubt, Lawson's positioning is horrific and he gets caught too far up the pitch a lot

Sarkic been any good for you guys? Seems like Villa may be recalling him after injuries to Heaton and Steer.

Sarkic started off as our "cup" keeper as the management thought Ross Stewart was better.How wrong they were.

From memory Sarkic has had 1 major blunder against The Rangers but apart from that he has been very solid.

Unlucky in some of the goals hes conceded as our defense seem to get in front of them and deflect them past him.

Hes definately not EPL ready. Likes to parry the ball rather than hold onto it. Looks a little unnatural at times but his best asset is his kicking for sure.

He could land the ball on a 5p piece.

10 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Lawson is okay at the back, brilliant going forward. Devlin will get in without a doubt, Lawson's positioning is horrific and he gets caught too far up the pitch a lot

I kind of agree with this. Lawson has the potential to be a fantastic asset for us, and when he's on his game then he's the best player in the team. However I never have any faith in his defensive abilities at all. Is very often out of position and is very weak in the tackle (see the St Mirren game). On the other hand he's as good a creative player as anyone else in the squad. Hopefully we can find a spot for him further up the pitch, although he's defo done a good job overall since coming back into the team.

3 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Sarkic started off as our "cup" keeper as the management thought Ross Stewart was better.How wrong they were.

From memory Sarkic has had 1 major blunder against The Rangers but apart from that he has been very solid.

Unlucky in some of the goals hes conceded as our defense seem to get in front of them and deflect them past him.

Hes definately not EPL ready. Likes to parry the ball rather than hold onto it. Looks a little unnatural at times but his best asset is his kicking for sure.

He could land the ball on a 5p piece.

Hah, I feel like all I'm doing today is shitting on our best players but I really like Stewart and I don't think Sarkic is that much of an upgrade. He's definitely not EPL ready. He's definitely claimed the #1 jersey though, deservedly so and I hope he sticks around, but I don't think it's a disaster if he goes. We'd need to get a #2 in quickly in January though.

I'd be surprised if Villa recalled him though. If it was February instead and they had no other options, then possibly, but they can go out and buy a better keeper than Sarkic right now. I'm betting paper talk.