Livingston - all the threads merged

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah looked at his wiki page and it doesn't have him having a game for them yet. Followed a link to their twitter page and he was on the subs bench.

Yano and Tony scored goals for them in their last game, maybe we should see if either of those two would come to Livi.:unsure2::lol:

He's come off the bench a few times, he's not completely out of the picture, but he's not exactly setting the heather alight. Might make him more determined to stick around and fight for his place.

I honestly think that if he was still here we'd have 5 more points this season. While he's not a traditional CF, he'd be better than all of our other backup options.

New episode on our social media now, this week includes a chat with Robbie Crawford. 

Enjoyed putting this one together, Here’s the link for Soundcloud but just search TalkLivi on your preferred streaming site and you’ll probably find us. 

205D8F5A-A8A7-410C-98F3-318AB7A79D01.png

Savane just seems to have been a bit of a disaster. If he's left this early into a 2 year deal, then I assume we're not paying it off. 

Can't say I know a thing about Aaron Taylor-Sinclair. Doesn't seem to have played that much, so is probably only providing competition for places. No harm in a short term deal.

Can we sign a striker next plz.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

We've signed a striker a defender.

Aaron Taylor-Sinclair signed up short term, Ibrahima Savane leaves.

Aye if only. Getting to the stage i'd even take a shite one, just to have an actual striker playing up front, would even have taken Stevie May. 

Savane was as bad as Miller for being out injured. so no great loss, hopefully this fella has a bit of pace about him to get down the wing.

Aye if only. Getting to the stage i'd even take a shite one, just to have an actual striker playing up front, would even have taken Stevie May. 

Savane was as bad as Miller for being out injured. so no great loss, hopefully this fella has a bit of pace about him to get down the wing.
Looks to have a reasonable eye for goal for a left back. Plenty of game time under his belt too with 14 goals and 26 assists in 258 appearances. Plenty of appearances in the Scottish premiership and championship as well as English leagues 1&2. Be keen to hear Motherwell fans opinions on him

26 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Looks to have a reasonable eye for goal for a left back. Plenty of game time under his belt too with 14 goals and 26 assists in 258 appearances. Plenty of appearances in the Scottish premiership and championship as well as English leagues 1&2. Be keen to hear Motherwell fans opinions on him

He barely played. Only made 6 league appearances and of those he was hooked at half time against Hibs on the opening day of the season and lasted 24 mins against St Johnstone. We binned him out on loan to Crewe 6 months after he signed. Tait was a far more reliable option at left back/LWB.

On paper he ticked a lot of boxes, particularly based on his Thistle form but we never saw it due to him seemingly having knees made of wet cardboard. After the Accies game at the winter break Robinson made a pretty pointed comment along the lines of him needing players that he could rely on to be fit and turn up in games. ATS was definitely in the bracket of players he was taking a dig at as he had been subbed (again) by the hour mark. 

Edited by capt_oats

Hopefully one of you can help me out.

I seem to recall a player at Livi during their first stint in top flight who was on loan (from Leeds I think) who had a shirt number of ninety something. Anyone able to recall his name?

Hopefully one of you can help me out.

I seem to recall a player at Livi during their first stint in top flight who was on loan (from Leeds I think) who had a shirt number of ninety something. Anyone able to recall his name?
Cherif Toure Maman wore number 91. But he was a permanent signing and never played in England. Apparently lied about his age where he told us he was 21 or something but was actually in his early 30s.
The only player we had on loan that season I believe was Nicky Culkin from Man United.

Cherif Toure Maman wore number 91. But he was a permanent signing and never played in England. Apparently lied about his age where he told us he was 21 or something but was actually in his early 30s.
The only player we had on loan that season I believe was Nicky Culkin from Man United.
Turns out the age thing was when he was on trial at SK Brann.

What a fairly shite day on and off the park.

We now look a poor imitation of our former selves and pinning all attacking hopes on Lyndon Dykes sums it up at the moment. Lacking any real cohesion anywhere and I’m not buying that we’re down the bare bones, as Devlin apart I’m not sure who else warrants a start ahead of those who started today. Games against Rangers will not define our season but our inability to square away Motherwell on the opening day, hold on to a 2-goal lead against St Johnstone, carry any sort of threat to a piss poor Aberdeen side, be competitive against Hamilton Accies, definitely will.

The raft of Rangers fans in the home end isn’t anything new (and certainly isn’t a problem limited to ourselves), but the lack of inaction from the stewards coupled with our own fucking ball boy joining in with the ****’ chants is small-time behaviour in the extreme. Feeling a bit scunnered this evening, next fixture is certainly a great chance to bounce back...

14 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Good lord

I’d say we’ve been infiltrated but the town is majority first/second generation weegies. We had a wee chuckle when the announcer said “thanks to the 6,000 Rangers fans who have travelled from Glasgow” - aye, right! They are a 10 min walk from home...

edit: I’ve just seen the poster of that video is from Dedridge. That’s precisely a 10 minute walk from the stadium 😂

Edited by crispy