TheDoctor

Livingston - all the threads merged

Playing for the away team at Ibrox.

An 'elbow' according to the BBC. Looked to me like he just went up for a header and nothing else but Sportscene/other highlights should clear it up.
Even if its ruled as though it wasnt an elbow and shouldnt have been a yellow or a red, it cant even be rescinded because it was a yellow.
Or has that rule now changed?

5 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Even if its ruled as though it wasnt an elbow and shouldnt have been a yellow or a red, it cant even be rescinded because it was a yellow.
Or has that rule now changed?

I'm sure we've appealed and won against yellow cards before, trying to remember who we got one rescinded recently (last season). Think it was against Dundee when Lawless got booked wrongly for diving when he'd been fouled in the box.

Think diving and mistaken identity are the only reasons a yellow can be rescinded. So unless someone else threw an elbow, we're missing Dykes for the Aberdeen game.

19 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Think diving and mistaken identity are the only reasons a yellow can be rescinded. So unless someone else threw an elbow, we're missing Dykes for the Aberdeen game.

It's almost as if they just make shit up as they go along.

I missed the first booking as play had stopped at the time. The second one it seemed like he way just competing for the header. He was getting some joy against the CBs today.

All in all, it was a really encouraging performance in what I felt was our first real test of the season. The games can't come quick enough and looking forward to the weekend I fear we'll really miss Dykes up front. If fit, is probably our best bet at the occupier role but he obviously doesn't have the same mobility. It'll be interesting to see how we address it against the big CBs at Aberdeen.

Edited by crispy

Gary Holt mentioned in his post match press conference that they will consider appealing the second yellow card, you can hear his interview on the latest podcast.

I wasn’t aware that we could appeal the yellow myself but fingers crossed it’s a successful one if we do go ahead cos he’s been a huge player for us and will be a big miss against Aberdeen. 

25 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Gary Holt mentioned in his post match press conference that they will consider appealing the second yellow card, you can hear his interview on the latest podcast.

I wasn’t aware that we could appeal the yellow myself but fingers crossed it’s a successful one if we do go ahead cos he’s been a huge player for us and will be a big miss against Aberdeen. 

Looking forward to the hearing the guys discuss the game as we've very very little to go on due to the BBC/Ibrox situation. I was wondering if we'd appeal the sending off as it did seem like Goldson got underneath him as Dykes won the leap. To be honest, the first one was a weak booking too; I think you could flip coin on whether a ref calls that a booking, awfy soft.

As far as I'm aware you can only appeal yellows for simulation and mistaken identity.

Would be a pointless appeal anyway, it was a yellow card.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

12 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

As far as I'm aware you can only appeal yellows for simulation and mistaken identity.

Would be a pointless appeal anyway, it was a yellow card.

And we're not the old firm.....

Pity you can't appeal goals being disallowed and given, we'd get awarded a 2-2 draw.

Not sure Dykes deserved a 2nd yellow, but I doubt we'll get it reversed now. He should learn a lesson from it though, you can't risk a silly first yellow doing stuff like that when you're playing  against one of the erse cheeks, esp away to them, you're walking on egg shells for the rest of the game doing that.

3 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

I'll listen to it later tonight, cheers.

Don't suppose Holt mentions why Lithgow wasn't playing, or how things are going with Pittman? 

7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'll listen to it later tonight, cheers.

Don't suppose Holt mentions why Lithgow wasn't playing, or how things are going with Pittman? 

Nah didn’t mention it, hoping both are close to returning though, big players for us ahead of a big spell in the season. 

This weeks episode of TalkLivi available now...featuring an interview with Lyndon Dykes and we also reveal the next legend that will feature in Keaghan Jacobs testimonial match. 

Listen out for how you can win two tickets for that game as well. 

You can find us at all the usual places but I’ll link our website where you will find all our episodes. 

TalkLiviPodcast.Libsyn.com 

Hope you enjoy it. 

8C11B3DB-FA76-41F1-882D-6ABFD7778AD6.png

Well, I’m in the unenviable position of having been let down for a paper ticket purchase on my behalf, as recently as today. 

I registered online last night but wasn’t able to buy online as I didn’t have a purchase history with club. I am a current season ticket and fan shareholder with Livi but this isn’t connected to the online sales purchase history. I wonder if this could be sync’d in future? I’ll feed this back to the club unless someone here indicates they have 🙂

I understand why there is the barrier to purchasing tickets in the home end; whether police instruction or not. It’s unfortunate (though probably necessary) as others might not persevere as much as I will to get there tomorrrow or in future.

EDIT: got this sorted! Bring on the game!

Edited by crispy

16 hours ago, crispy said:

Well, I’m in the unenviable position of having been let down for a paper ticket purchase on my behalf, as recently as today. 

I registered online last night but wasn’t able to buy online as I didn’t have a purchase history with club. I am a current season ticket and fan shareholder with Livi but this isn’t connected to the online sales purchase history. I wonder if this could be sync’d in future? I’ll feed this back to the club unless someone here indicates they have 🙂

I understand why there is the barrier to purchasing tickets in the home end; whether police instruction or not. It’s unfortunate (though probably necessary) as others might not persevere as much as I will to get there tomorrrow or in future.

Interesting - I logged on earlier to find out how ticket sales were going and was surprised to find that it insisted I log on first before I could even see the home end - your experiences probably explains it.

Actually I was also quite surprised to see that ticket sales for the home end hadn't been exactly red hot. Section "B" is pretty much sold out as usual but there are some huge gaps in Sections A and C. It seems the betfred cup still isn't lighting the public's imagination

Great performance again!

I think this team might even be better than last seasons. I know we are not through the first quarter yet but I’m really happy with the indications.

36 minutes ago, crispy said:

Great performance again!

I think this team might even be better than last seasons. I know we are not through the first quarter yet but I’m really happy with the indications.

I hope I don't come across as a patronising twat but you've definitely improved over last season.  I asked about Menga on our first match thread and was told by @ATLIS, "Dykes is a far better player up front. We're using an entirely new formation though" and he was right and it works.  Dykes dominated Katic at Ibrox and made Goldson and Helander look weak this evening.  If he improves his finishing he will be an excellent player for you.

19 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I hope I don't come across as a patronising twat but you've definitely improved over last season.  I asked about Menga on our first match thread and was told by @ATLIS, "Dykes is a far better player up front. We're using an entirely new formation though" and he was right and it works.  Dykes dominated Katic at Ibrox and made Goldson and Helander look weak this evening.  If he improves his finishing he will be an excellent player for you.

Don't think you're wrong at all, we've broken Menga's role down into two, one for Souda out wide and Dykes up top to hold it up. Dykes played for the occasion tonight and it showed, unlucky not to have a few sent off by just drawing fouls and chasing down. He's an athlete first and a footballer second which is why his finishing lacks a bit but can definitely be moulded into a totally complete forward. He's only 23 ffs, he's going to be absolutely huge one day. We lack a goalscorer and that's what gives me the fear, we need someone to finish. It's not wonder to see why Dobbie scored so many last season with Dykes building it up for him