Livingston - all the threads merged

What does everyone think our best starting line up is, mine would be;

Stewart

Devlin             Lithgow          Lamie           McMillan

Bartley            Jacobs

Lawless             Pittman              Robinson

Dykes

There are a few who could come in and also do a great job, Guthrie instead of Lamie, and Lamie at LB instead of McMillan, & Souda instead of Robbo.

Stobbs has had a fantastic debut too but he's clearly a few games away from being match fit and needs several games to build his fitness up, so sub appearances for a wee while yet for him.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

What does everyone think our best starting line up is, mine would be;

Stewart

Devlin             Lithgow          Lamie           McMillan

Bartley            Jacobs

Lawless             Pittman              Robinson

Dykes

There are a few who could come in and also do a great job, Guthrie instead of Lamie, and Lamie at LB instead of McMillan, & Souda instead of Robbo.

Stobbs has had a fantastic debut too but he's clearly a few games away from being match fit and needs several games to build his fitness up, so sub appearances for a wee while yet for him.

Excuse me but I change my mind regularly over that - several of the players are so closely matched it really starts to come down to things like fitness and injury prone.

Of course my opinion tomorrow could be completely different.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Excuse me but I change my mind regularly over that - several of the players are so closely matched it really starts to come down to things like fitness and injury prone.

Of course my opinion tomorrow could be completely different.

Yeah wee Robbo is gonna miss half the season being injured but when he does play I think he makes such a difference to the team, so i'd have him in it whenever he's fit to play. Lawless is having an absolute brilliant start too, far better playing as a winger, same as Mullin was, but didn't really get the chance to play there when we had him. Can't say how Miller would do either, I've my doubt about him ever lasting a full game for us, or getting more than 2 appearances a season.

Lawson would also be in there if he was actually getting games, but right now i'd go with the ones I've picked.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Lawson worries me a bit; there's undoubtedly a great player in there but he does seem to need a couple of games to get fully up-to-speed. Personally I don't think he's going to get that luxury this season with so much competition for starting places.

Sibbald also must be champing at the bit to get a game. On the other games where he's come on he's done okay; it just goes to show that, under the current squad, "okay" isn't good enough.

Of course this could all change once the winter injuries start to mount up.

If Lawson ever does play, it'll be interesting to see if andylivi's idea of him linking our midfield from Bartley to the front 3 attacking mids of Pittman, Lawless & Souda/Robbo. Lawson is really good at driving forward, and has a good eye for a pass, i'd love to see how him playing would link up the defensive mid to the attacking mids.

20 minutes ago, Scosha said:

That's Hoppy binned Van Schaik after 1 performance from him. God knows what the fee we paid for him was but hopefully not too much :unsure2:

Pretty sure it was just pennies with a sell on fee. 

What was the reason behind him leaving? Just shite?

That's a shame - he looked okay for the five minutes he appeared against Celtic (his only appearance for our first team) but spent pretty much the rest of the season on loan to Dumbarton who gave some very mixed reviews.

As far as fee was concerned I imagine it was barely sufficient to cover the legal fees of the registration by the way the club were talking.

Seem to recall his original reason for leaving his club in Holland (I think) was that he wasn't getting much assured first team action. Maybe this wasn't entirely unforeseen.

He's young; maybe setting his sights lower will enable him to settle.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

If Lawson ever does play, it'll be interesting to see if andylivi's idea of him linking our midfield from Bartley to the front 3 attacking mids of Pittman, Lawless & Souda/Robbo. Lawson is really good at driving forward, and has a good eye for a pass, i'd love to see how him playing would link up the defensive mid to the attacking mids.

That was my thinking at the start of the season tbh but Bartley is better than I was expecting, I thought he might just be that player to break up the play but he has been driving forward well which is the role I thought Lawson would play beside him. 

I agree on Robbo, he makes us tick, such a clever player and with good options round about him if he is fit he’s one of the first on the team sheet imo. 

Lawless has been excellent so far this season as well, not much of a surprise given he is a natural winger and not a winger back although he did do a job in that position. 

Not taking into account Sibbald, Erskine, Souda, Miller, Tiffoney, we have a very good squad to choose from and that may surprise a few fans of other clubs. We have good strength in depth. 

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Pretty sure it was just pennies with a sell on fee. 

What was the reason behind him leaving? Just shite?

Just saw this on twitter;

Callum Carson Retweeted

Christopher Dodds Retweeted Aidan Tracey

Henk wanted to go back fo Holland after sustaining a significant injury👍

Livi XI vs Livi Legends XI for Jacobs' testimonial! Wonder what both sides will line up like, would be nice to see Hoppy manage one of the teams as well :D Either that or Leishman would be a nice touch.

Get the gang back together, promotion season vs 2004 cup winners would be a laugh as well :D 

Livi XI vs Livi Legends XI for Jacobs' testimonial! Wonder what both sides will line up like, would be nice to see Hoppy manage one of the teams as well [emoji3] Either that or Leishman would be a nice touch.

Get the gang back together, promotion season vs 2004 cup winners would be a laugh as well [emoji3] 

Gutted I’m going to miss this game. I’ll be in Benidorm :(

Would be a good laugh watching the 2004 cup final team in the first half... 

Roddy McKenzie

David McNamee  -  Oscar Rubio  -  Marvin Andrews  -  Emmanuel Dorado  -  Jamie McAllister

Lee Makel  -  Stuart Lovell  -  Burton O'Brien

David Fernandez  -  Derek Lilley

... Then changing to this for the second half.

Neil Alexander

Dave Mackay  -  Devon Jacobs  -  James McPake  -  Sheldon Jacobs

Barry Wilson  -  Keaghan Jacobs  -  Liam Fox  -  Kyle Jacobs  -  Cherif Toure Mamam

David Bingham

Managed by Jim Leishman & David Hopkin.

Edited by LiviLion

Morning Livi Lions. Burton Albion fan here, but as a half-Scotsman I have more than a passing interest in Scottish football. 

I've done a piece on the weekends action, have really enjoyed seeing what Livi are all about in the last couple seasons (was actually at the QOTS 3-3 game in March '18), and thought Saturdays performance epitomised what the Livi Lions are all about. Hope you enjoy it. 

https://jaygolds.wordpress.com/2019/08/28/livi-lions-tommys-kisses/

1 hour ago, JamieG said:

Morning Livi Lions. Burton Albion fan here, but as a half-Scotsman I have more than a passing interest in Scottish football. 

I've done a piece on the weekends action, have really enjoyed seeing what Livi are all about in the last couple seasons (was actually at the QOTS 3-3 game in March '18), and thought Saturdays performance epitomised what the Livi Lions are all about. Hope you enjoy it. 

https://jaygolds.wordpress.com/2019/08/28/livi-lions-tommys-kisses/

Nice piece; thanks