Livingston - all the threads merged

Any idea what’s going on with lawson? Is he staying? Or still looking to move? Injured? Really feel like we need him in midfield, if he’s going to move I’d rather it happens soon so we can sign a replacement. Would be a big loss though 

14 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

Any idea what’s going on with lawson? Is he staying? Or still looking to move? Injured? Really feel like we need him in midfield, if he’s going to move I’d rather it happens soon so we can sign a replacement. Would be a big loss though 

Injured afaik.

I think Keaghan needs dropped, that's 2 bad games in a row he's had, love his work rate and commitment but we can't afford to be sentimental, nobody should be beyond being dropped when showing poor form.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Pepe, Miller, Lawson, Robinson, Savane and Odoffin all injured this early in the season? Mental.

With Lawless and McMillan seemingly off injured yesterday as well, we might be down to the bare bones against Forfar.

Can see Jacobs being dropped for Crawford next Saturday. Bartley is a guaranteed starter for me, and if everyone’s fit then Lawson has to be in there too IMO.

We desperately need another striker in as a minimum, possibly even two, the lack of any rumours or news on that front worries me a bit. Have some good goal scoring talent in midfield but we really need something guaranteed up front.

Yeah there'll be times when the game is tight going into the last 20 mins and you look to the bench to see who can come on and get us a goal, and all I can see is Tiffoney. 

Some of the players we have injured must be breaking down in training, fecked if I can remember most of them getting them in games this season, some haven't even played yet.

55 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah there'll be times when the game is tight going into the last 20 mins and you look to the bench to see who can come on and get us a goal, and all I can see is Tiffoney. 

Some of the players we have injured must be breaking down in training, fecked if I can remember most of them getting them in games this season, some haven't even played yet.

Savane came to the club out of shape according to Holt so I'd imagine they were beasting him in training and that's caused his hamstring injury. Lawson picked up an injury in the Betfred if I remember right so might not be fully fit from that. Not sure about Erskine or Robbo but both are back training and Erskine was on the bench

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Savane came to the club out of shape according to Holt so I'd imagine they were beasting him in training and that's caused his hamstring injury. Lawson picked up an injury in the Betfred if I remember right so might not be fully fit from that. Not sure about Erskine or Robbo but both are back training and Erskine was on the bench

why the f**k would we sign someone who's out of shape? 

Lawson was asked about why he wasn't playing and he said he just isn't being picked. 

Robbo is 100% injured though 

Would’ve preferred lamie or keags to take the pen but would’ve been a good boost for dykes if he’d scored so don’t have any complaints about him being allowed to take it. The talk of lawson being fit and not being in the squad, wtf. Someone who can play both fullback and in midfield when no defenders were on the bench, and who was arguably our best player after Christmas last year not even being picked when there’s space on the bench. Whatever is going on there needs sorted

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Whoever took the decision to have Dykes as penalty taker?

He won the pen so took it, missed one in a pre season game too though, so hopefully that'll be the last one he takes for us. Both Danny Mullen and Liam Buchanan were hopeless at pens too, i'd like Lamie to start taking them now, his pen against Falkirk in the extra point shoot out was a belter, no messing, blasted into the net.

I assumed it was because you've posted negative comments about him twice now. I don't know what hood rap means. I also don't know what goes on at Livi beyond what I see on the pitch at matches so I assumed you had some "behind the scenes" information about him that had put you off.

Ok. I don't use Twitter so was out of the loop on that. Are you sure Byrne leaving was related to Lawson being selected ahead of him for some games last season? I'd be surprised if that had anything to do with it. Regardless, he's left now unfortunately. I hope Lawson changes his mind then on wanting away. I don't think he's overrated, personally. He gives a more dynamic option to both Bartley and Jacobs in centre midfield so that could be useful if he sticks around. 

Bartley was excellent again on Saturday. He made a great covering challenge on O'Halloran which prevented a likely St Johnstone goal at one point. I see others here are underwhelmed by Jacobs' form but he's doing ok for me. His poor back pass leading to the first St Johnstone goal was an obvious error but even then he was unlucky that the fastest man on the park (O'Halloran again) was the player ready to pounce. No other St Johnstone player would've reached it. With Crawford as a more than capable alternative available to us as well, our centre mid pairing can hopefully remain strong without Lawson.