Jump to content
TheDoctor

Livingston - all the threads merged

Recommended Posts

Is there any word on the friendly that was mentioned for this weekend seeing as we're not involved in the Betfred?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Is there any word on the friendly that was mentioned for this weekend seeing as we're not involved in the Betfred?

Oh joy, throw in a pointless friendly (us away to Gateshead last season) so some of our players can pick up an injury in a meaningless game (Sibbald last season). We've just played 2 competitive games, and will play 2 next week, do we really need to cram in another friendly!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Oh joy, throw in a pointless friendly (us away to Gateshead last season) so some of our players can pick up an injury in a meaningless game (Sibbald last season). We've just played 2 competitive games, and will play 2 next week, do we really need to cram in another friendly!!

I wasn't suggesting it's a good idea but the club did mention it when the preseason dates were released

preseason-2019.jpg

Edited by Cptn Hooch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I wasn't suggesting it's a good idea but the club did mention it when the preseason dates were released

preseason-2019.jpg

Yeah my post wasn't directed towards you Hooch, just dismayed at us doing this again after last season's pointless trip to play Gateshead, and don't think we really need to be playing another friendly at this point of the season, when we're already half way into the Betfred cup games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah my post wasn't directed towards you Hooch, just dismayed at us doing this again after last season's pointless trip to play Gateshead, and don't think we really need to be playing another friendly at this point of the season, when we're already half way into the Betfred cup games.

Disagree, think a friendly will let us give players a run out that wont be near the 1st team for these games. No risk in playing players like Erskine etc to get a better look at how they do in this system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah my post wasn't directed towards you Hooch, just dismayed at us doing this again after last season's pointless trip to play Gateshead, and don't think we really need to be playing another friendly at this point of the season, when we're already half way into the Betfred cup games.

Yes - the Gateshead exercise was pretty pricey for pretty much no benefit at all in my opinion.

If we were looking at giving some of the fringe player and development squad a run then maybe but most are now out on loan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Disagree, think a friendly will let us give players a run out that wont be near the 1st team for these games. No risk in playing players like Erskine etc to get a better look at how they do in this system

As long as it's local then, be like a pre season friendly reserve game. If it isn't just fringe players though then it's a stupid idea and unnecessary risk injury wise.

21 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Yes - the Gateshead exercise was pretty pricey for pretty much no benefit at all in my opinion.

If we were looking at giving some of the fringe player and development squad a run then maybe but most are now out on loan.

Yep, agree with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on let's try to send out the message were gonna reach for the sky we can take that dream to make it our own take it step by step and bring it on home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Come on let's try to send out the message were gonna reach for the sky we can take that dream to make it our own take it step by step and bring it on home

Sound of the summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

New deal until 2021 for Big Al. 

Looks like we're not up for him going for nothing next season, good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's like Pitts, he's going nowhere, big Al is here to stay. :guinness

 

Or at least till he's retired, and canny blooter the ball to f**k anymore. :cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Lawson again tonight...is he injured? Also Savane not in the squad with McMillan getting the nod ahead of him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without Maley, Henderson, Blues, van Schaik and Menga (loan), we still have a squad of 22. 4 will miss out, if everyone is fully fit. Lawson was on the coach to the game earlier along with Savane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see Souda scoring again, think he's only scored 4 goals for his last 2 teams and that's him scored 2 in 2 games for us. Hopefully that isn't him finished now and that'll be it for the rest of his time here.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to win away from home for the first time in 11 months but I am concerned about the lack of clean sheets so far. At the moment, it does not look like this team will be scoring prolifically so we need to continue to keep it tight at the back.

Motherwell at home on the first day will be a very stern test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...