Livingston - all the threads merged

Is Lawson a right back? We’re in the market for one but need to wait to see if we progress through the Betfred groups before we can spend anymore money.
He plays right back for Togo. But dont worry. He wont be signing for you.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is Lawson a right back? We’re in the market for one but need to wait to see if we progress through the Betfred groups before we can spend anymore money.

No chance he'd drop down a league tbh. Year on his contract still so we'd probably take 50-125k. Even then he's a CM who can play RB and does so internationally 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Always remember at our POTY awards event after the Partick game, outside with McMillan, Maley and Mackin. McMillan was going on at me for about 10 minutes about how Mackin is going to tear the Premiership up :D I know they played together at Motherwell and he was bigging his pal up but ffs

Machin was a bit of a silly boy - he had a chance of breaking into the first team but turned up after the summer holidays with a real beer belly. Didn't really seem to understand how important fitness is to a footballer.

Shame really because I feel he had something and could have made it at premiership level although "tearing it up" is a bit over the top.

Makin always jogged about like a headless chicken adding very little to a team of grafters.  He was good at the odd glancing header from a corner because he was where he knew he was supposed to be.

I’d be raging if that was given as a penalty against us. Didn’t  watch second half highlights but the impression I got was us with lots of possession and endeavour but not testing their ‘keeper much. Hopefully find our shooting boots on Saturday! Get Tiffs oan!

12 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
13 hours ago, Moonball said:

Didn't look like much for the penalty but then lawless was fouled in the build up to stranraer's goal...swings and roundabouts. We seem to be creating plenty of chances but converting them is another story...a poacher would be nice

Think the camera angle doesn’t help, from the other side where our fans were standing it was very obvious dykes had been kicked. To make it even more obvious there was a loud connection of the Stranraer player hitting dykes which pretty much everyone at the match heard, complete stonewaller and nobody even argued it. 

1 hour ago, Menga Bus said:

Think the camera angle doesn’t help, from the other side where our fans were standing it was very obvious dykes had been kicked. To make it even more obvious there was a loud connection of the Stranraer player hitting dykes which pretty much everyone at the match heard, complete stonewaller and nobody even argued it. 

This

It was a stonewall pen, was blatantly obvious just from the sound of the contact alone, Dykes got clattered. 

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Wonder if Sarkic will come back in goals after Stewart was at fault for the Stranraer goal.

I agree he could have reacted quicker but I'm not sure swapping goalkeepers each time they have an off moment really works.

I criticised Stewart for not making his mind up quickly enough and booting the ball into oblivion but both he and Sarkic are missing match fitness compounded with the fact that, in a game where there's not an awful lot of goalmouth action, concentration can wane a bit. 

I would however think that if he had anther poor decision in the Berwick game then it would definitely be Sarkic between the posts for the Motherwell game.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

I agree he could have reacted quicker but I'm not sure swapping goalkeepers each time they have an off moment really works.

I criticised Stewart for not making his mind up quickly enough and booting the ball into oblivion but both he and Sarkic are missing match fitness compounded with the fact that, in a game where there's not an awful lot of goalmouth action, concentration can wane a bit. 

I would however think that if he had anther poor decision in the Berwick game then it would definitely be Sarkic between the posts for the Motherwell game.

From what I've seen of them both I still prefer Stewart, but Sarkic got dropped after his blunder for Falkirk's equaliser, although he did make up for it a bit with his penalty saves. 

Just was wondering if Stewart would now be dropped for being at fault for the Stranraer goal too.

Stewart looks a bit better in dealing with pass backs and coming for high balls, against Alloa in the pre season friendly Sarkic looked a bit shaky in those areas. Whichever one is in goals I don't see it making too much of a difference for us in getting the win right enough, can't see us having too much to deal with from Berwick.

Btw, does anyone know when Sevane will be able to play for us, are we still waiting for international clearance?

Would've been good if he could've had a run out in the betfred cup before the season starts, just to get him used to playing besides his team mates before the league games. Looking forward to seeing him and Devlin playing on opposite wings as WB's. Think it'll bring good balance to the team.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

From what I've seen of them both I still prefer Stewart, but Sarkic got dropped after his blunder for Falkirk's equaliser, although he did make up for it a bit with his penalty saves. 

Just was wondering if Stewart would now be dropped for being at fault for the Stranraer goal too.

Stewart looks a bit better in dealing with pass backs and coming for high balls, against Alloa in the pre season friendly Sarkic looked a bit shaky in those areas. Whichever one is in goals I don't see it making too much of a difference for us in getting the win right enough, can't see us having too much to deal with from Berwick.

By contrast I would say that Sarkic's kicking was far better. In the Alloa game I did get the feeling that the strategy was boot it far up field whereas Sarkic's kicking seemed reminiscent of the Broto days.

Wouldn't be too keen to discount any potential threat from Berwick though; if they defend in depth and try a hit on the break (kick and rush) mentality; the goalkeeper will need to remain sharp.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Btw, does anyone know when Sevane will be able to play for us, are we still waiting for international clearance?

Would've been good if he could've had a run out in the betfred cup before the season starts, just to get him used to playing besides his team mates before the league games. Looking forward to seeing him and Devlin playing on opposite wings as WB's. Think it'll bring good balance to the team.

Was wondering that myself - seemed pretty impressive in the Alloa game. That being said he didnt seem to need any time at all to settle in.

2 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Henk and Cammy Blues have gone to Morton. Blues on loan for a year, Henk for a nominal fee and a sell on.

That’s outstanding business getting anything for Henk.

Absolutely, both severely average/below average players. Hope both of those wages can help us pick up 1 more player, couple that with Dolly's wage and we've got space for another two signings or 1 big signing? 

3 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

That’s outstanding business getting anything for Henk.

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Absolutely, both severely average/below average players.

Well that's encouraging. Although loan spells with Dumbarton and Berwick, the twin banter clubs of 2019, is really enough grounds on its own for contempt. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Well that's encouraging. Although loan spells with Dumbarton and Berwick, the twin banter clubs of 2019, is really enough grounds on its own for contempt. 

By all accounts both are still young but I've watched both play reserve football for over about a year and it's not looked anything like they'd be able to cope with a step up. Trust in Hoppy though, we were saying the same thing with him signing Alan Lithgow which turned out to be a perfect signing for us. 

Thought Henk did well for us in the ten minutes or so he came on. Can't really comment otherwise but I'm not sure I'd read much from his time with Dumbarton. With the current shortage of defenders (Odoffin still injured) I'm a bit surprised we let him go without at least giving him a proper shot during the pre-season and Betfred games.

Thought Cameron Blues actually looked really good in the Alloa game he seems to have put on a bit of weight and height since I saw him last and was really able to hold his own against the Alloa physical elements. I actually thought he had a real chance of making some first team appearances but perhaps the chance of a regular spot at Morton is a better option.

I assume we still have to option to pull him back for some of the colts games?