Livingston - all the threads merged

Just watched the highlights. The amount of times that the ball bounced around our box without us clearing is concerning. 

I don't think that many teams would get the break of the ball as frequently as Falkirk did in these situations but better teams would have punished us before then.

7 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Just watched the highlights. The amount of times that the ball bounced around our box without us clearing is concerning. 

I don't think that many teams would get the break of the ball as frequently as Falkirk did in these situations but better teams would have punished us before then.

Where did you see the highlights?

Well spotted LG, wish the linesman was as eagle eyed, fecking SFA.

BTW, I'm missing Dolly Menga already, his frantic and aggressive play just causes havoc with the opposition defence, really hope his loan move falls through, or we at least get him back in January.

Also, any chance we could get Halkett back on loan if Hearts are just going to have him sitting on the bench, fecking best CB in the Premiership last season and they don't play him.:ph34r:

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

34 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

How did Lyndon get on? Good to see him score yesterday, hope he does well for yous. He probably won't have the majority of fans on his back constant like he did with us.

Scored in 2 of our 4 pre season games, and got another one yesterday in the cup, wasn't expecting so many goals from him tbh.:lol: Would be great if he can keep it up, looks a good front player for us anyway, just wish Hardie was still here to play alongside him.

I think our In business is probably done now, unless an exceptional striker becomes available. 

Dundee United fans were talking about us being in for Frederic Frans last week. I don't think we need another centre half and I'm unsure he would be a significant improvement on what we already have.

43 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

So the programme for tonight has Ibra Savane in the squad, looks like we've signed him but he's not been officially announced yet.

How did he look as a trialist?

I was impressed with him at the Alloa game. Didnt have any problem on their pitch; big; strong and fast. 

Also don't think he missed out on one tackle - I know it was only a makeshift Alloa side (with the greatest of respect to Alloa) and people were finding their place but he seemed to fit straight in. Rarely has a trialist impressed me so much on one game and am looking forward to seeing him as a regular at left back/wing back. 

Unfortunately another time I was impressed by a trialist was the midfielder (Patrick Noubissie?) who appeared as a trialist for us and did really well before signing for Hibs and being loaned back to us.  When he came back he was god awful - he already had a two year contract with Hibs so evidently felt he didn't need to try.... So what do I know????

Yeah we've good balance to the FB/WB with Devlin and Savane, both got down the wings and put good balls into the box. In fact i'd say Savane was getting more balls hit to him down the left hand side against Alloa, and made as many runs with them.

If we could just find a decent striker to play off Dykes/Miller we'd be sorted.

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah we've good balance to the FB/WB with Devlin and Savane, both got down the wings and put good balls into the box. In fact i'd say Savane was getting more balls hit to him down the left hand side against Alloa, and made as many runs with them.

If we could just find a decent striker to play off Dykes/Miller we'd be sorted.

Strangely Savane has been given shirt number 29. Shirt number 3 is still available.....