Livingston - all the threads merged

19 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Reports that Menga is due to leave this week in the Evening Standard.
He wasnt involved on Tuesday. Apparently already said goodbye to the team earlier this week.

Absolutely raging at that if true. I know a lot don't rate hime but he is such a handful and must be such a nightmare to play against. 

Really don’t think we can afford to lose menga, a very important player. He wasn’t even played in his proper position last season would’ve loved to see him get a full season on the wing. And even then he could atleast play up front if needed, I think if he leaves that means we only have 2 strikers? Is that right? One of them being lee miller who spent the majority of last season injured.

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

Reports that Menga is due to leave this week in the Evening Standard.
He wasnt involved on Tuesday. Apparently already said goodbye to the team earlier this week.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Frustrating at times but great entertainment at others, and scored an incredible silky goal against Hearts. Just bullied opposition players with his aggression and strength on the ball, going to really miss him if he's gone.

The article says a possible RETURN to Angola is on the cards. He's Belgian and as far as I can see has never played in Angola. He qualifies for Angola through his family but his playing career hasn't taken him there so I can't understand why he'd be returning. Sounds suspect to me.

Menga went off injured after playing 35 minutes and scoring a goal in the Tranmere Rovers game on 6th July.  If an offer came in for him it must have been almost instantaneous. A very strong part of the team; and the team's morale.

20 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Menga went off injured after playing 35 minutes and scoring a goal in the Tranmere Rovers game on 6th July.  If an offer came in for him it must have been almost instantaneous. A very strong part of the team; and the team's morale.

When you put it like that it sounds like a nonsense report.

If he does move on then I think I get it. Some flashes of good play (and noised up Hamilton from the bench during the 3-3, for example) but on the whole I’m not sure he’s up to the level. We’ve talked about being at capacity in midfield so someone has to go. If we can let a wide player go then I’d have thought it would be Wylde but who knows.

Just now, crispy said:

When you put it like that it sounds like a nonsense report.

If he does move on then I think I get it. Some flashes of good play (and noised up Hamilton from the bench during the 3-3, for example) but on the whole I’m not sure he’s up to the level. We’ve talked about being at capacity in midfield so someone has to go. If we can let a wide player go then I’d have thought it would be Wylde but who knows.

I think I'm one of the few that wants / likes Menga up top. Sure he's guff in front of goal but holds the ball up well and causes havoc for people to run in-behind.  Would be interested to see him have a season on the wing though. 

2 minutes ago, KingKachloul said:

I think I'm one of the few that wants / likes Menga up top. Sure he's guff in front of goal but holds the ball up well and causes havoc for people to run in-behind.  Would be interested to see him have a season on the wing though. 

IMO he was a bit hit and miss on the hold-up play; Big Miller on the other hand... that said, Dolly clearly has the edge on athleticism now. Aerially (is that a word?) Miller is a cut above anyone else in the midfield/attack. 

I like the guy, seems like a great character to have around. I think the reports sound a bit ropey tbh.

10 minutes ago, KingKachloul said:

Not so sure you're in the minority; when Menga is fit and on form he generally rips the opposition right back a new one. Okay; maybe the final ball isn't great but he certainly takes a lot of pressure off the rest of the team. Unfortunately he used to get climbed all over when playing in the centre and never got any protection from the referee.

Going against the majority on this one,  I don’t rate Menga, he’s infuriating and I think we have better than him in the squad, I actually don’t think he’ll play that much if he’s still with us anyway. 

I’m away to hide now 🙈

Edited by andylivi1

22 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Going against the majority on this one,  I don’t rate Menga, he’s infuriating and I think we have better than him in the squad, I actually don’t think he’ll play that much if he’s still with us anyway. 

I’m away to hide now 🙈

Reckon we'd have been fecked last season without him though, he was an out ball for us. He also scored the winner against Sevco so for that alone he deserves hero status.:guinness

32 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I’m away to hide now 🙈

Booooo.....I'm no listening to the talk Livi podcast again if that's the nonsense you're going to be coming out with

PS - I'll 100% be listening again

4 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Booooo.....I'm no listening to the talk Livi podcast again if that's the nonsense you're going to be coming out with

PS - I'll 100% be listening again

😂😂 first one of the new season will be out tomorrow. 

6 hours ago, Liviguy said:

I don’t know where I got this from but was it true that martindale had an account on hear and would reply posing as a fan or am I dreaming this?

Wouldn't surprise me; it used to be fairly commonplace on the old LiviLions site - some were hidden; others, like Pearce Flynn, certainly weren't. Pretty sure Massone was also on there; even though his handle was relatively sensible; his ramblings were as mad as ever.

More recently a lot of the team resorted to twitter and facebook but that had diminished in popularity after a number of accounts were hijacked. 

I expect we have a few journalistic hacks as well.

I think it's wise for staff and players to avoid football forums at all costs, most of the time they're going to get upset at stuff written about them or fellow players, and the last thing they need is getting involved in a slagging match then called out on who they are, that goes for relatives of players too (esp Mums). 

Saw an article quoting Holt about Dolly, he's been given permission to go over to Angola to a local team to help get him playing for his Country, strangely he had to sign another contract for us first though, and he'll be going out to them on loan.