Livingston - all the threads merged

7 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Some players were given improved terms; read somewhere Pittman had been given a rise as part of his contract renegotiation. I imagine there were others as well.

Likewise Gary Holt's contract ended in the summer didn't it; I imagine an amount of £125k would be swallowed up pretty quickly here.

Incidentally has anyone seen if we're expected to provide a colts team again this season. Seem to have let a few of last seasons team go whilst others have been farmed out on loan agreements.

Pittman's deal was signed in March, before any the money because available. Bit worrying that we're still waiting on a striker being announced.

125k should be enough for 3 or 4 extra players for us excluding new deals etc. I don't think we've seen that yet. 

We are expected to field a Colts team, yes. We've been drawn at home to Formartine and then away to Peterhead if we win. Loan players can still play for the parent's Colt team the same as they can play in the parent teams reserve squad.

Better than losing him for nothing next season, but what's with all these get out clauses, Shaun has been with us for several seasons, was that done when he extended his contract last season?

Just wish we'd get decent dosh for one of our talented players for a change, we've had quite a few over the years and made next to sod all out of them. Some decent money being touted about for SPFL Premiership players now too, Killie & Motherwell players being chased, and Accies made a killing a few years back, so it can be done.

4 hours ago, crispy said:

With a sell-on %. I heard Martindale cut the “deal”.

Also, where’s this 20* goal a season striker at, he still hiding? Sneak attack.

He cuts many a “deal” at LFC these days not always popular ones mind you 😉 

1 hour ago, Livi said:

He cuts many a “deal” at LFC these days not always popular ones mind you 😉 

Hearing that Ryan Hardies loan deal to Blackpool has fallen through and Gerrard still wants rid of him.We desperatly need a striker ASAP. Would take him back in a heartbeat.Just Dreamin. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Hearing that Ryan Hardies loan deal to Blackpool has fallen through and Gerrard still wants rid of him.We desperatly need a striker ASAP. Would take him back in a heartbeat.Just Dreamin. Sorry.

Never know, Liam Kelly has shown him what to do, just needs to have a blinding season with us and he'll be sorted.

1 hour ago, Troy.1995 said:

From what I heard it was a permanent deal? 

Hardie would need to get his attitude sorted and show he wants to play with us and why he'd be worth the 1.5k p/w

10 hours ago, ATLIS said:

From what I heard it was a permanent deal? 

Hardie would need to get his attitude sorted and show he wants to play with us and why he'd be worth the 1.5k p/w

Ooh, 6 months on i can’t believe I’m questioning whether we should go for Hardie, but it *could* really go well. Dykes (and Miller) doing the wrecking ball stuff and maybe just maybe... I suppose its all in the context of the money and how much more he’d be on. He might not even fancy it tbh because he could play in front of bigger crowds elsewhere.

Hardie is easily a 10-15 goal Premiership striker when he plays in a two. Our issue was that we played him as a target man for too much of our bad run earlier in the year. Maybe the Rangers camp turned his head a bit but I think he lost a bit of confidence getting the ball fired at him. 

As I said before, I think we would be wise to ask the question of Rangers. 

25 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Hardie is easily a 10-15 goal Premiership striker when he plays in a two. Our issue was that we played him as a target man for too much of our bad run earlier in the year. Maybe the Rangers camp turned his head a bit but I think he lost a bit of confidence getting the ball fired at him. 

As I said before, I think we would be wise to ask the question of Rangers. 

Agree - this is pretty much where I’m at with it. We were hitting him with the ball, which does not bring out his strengths, as we were missing a partner. I think we’d are in better shape for him now.

Edited by crispy

Agree - this is pretty much where I’m at with it. We were hitting him with the ball, which does not bring out his strengths, as we were missing a partner. I think we’d are in better shape for him now.

Are we though? Would we be more likely to play a 2 this year?

I’d love him to come back, mainly because he’ll help us keep the strong team bond going and we know he can be an asset, but after January he was so out of it that something would have to change. I’m not convinced that it would.

42 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Are we though? Would we be more likely to play a 2 this year?

I’d love him to come back, mainly because he’ll help us keep the strong team bond going and we know he can be an asset, but after January he was so out of it that something would have to change. I’m not convinced that it would.

The boy who broke all records travelling back from under 21 international duty just so that he could appear in the second half of our game at QoS and the guy who appeared in the second half of last season were like chalk and cheese. I know others implied it may have been because he was a lone striker but personally I don't buy it. Often last season he had Robinson; or Menga or Lawless etc. playing alongside which was as much as he had for many games in the Championship.

There was something about him, a difference once he had his contract confirmed with sevco, he was definitely a lot better when he was nearing the end of a contract.

Its really strange as we know he can perform at this level but there were three of four occasions when he was one-on-one with the goalkeeper, in the second half of the season, and he failed to even hit the target. The guy who almost single-handedly tore St Mirren a new one that time would have burried them with relish.

Not sure if I'd want him back; it depends what player was available.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Often last season he had Robinson; or Menga or Lawless etc. playing alongside which was as much as he had for many games in the Championship.

Don't buy this. Hardie had Miller (target man) up with him for most of the championship games he played. He scored 5 goals in the first 5 games he was with Miller and a subsequent 2 after those.

His best work last season was in the run of games in which he played up front with Menga (target man). Scored 4 goals in the first 3 games they played together.

As I say, might have been an attitude problem in addition but a much bigger part was the way we were playing. Played with a good target man, he's deadly.

Two trialists in the squad tonight. Are either of these among the trialists who were in Hungary?

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Solid tonight, lot to be positive about, Devlin, Crawford, Bartley, Dykes all look really good additions to the squad. 

I’d have concerns about the boy Cece at CB who looks a bit of a bomb scare, but will give the lad a chance if he plays, I’d imagine Lithgow and Lamie will be the CB pairing. 

Could've scored 4 or 5 tonight easily, lots I saw tonight gives me confidence heading into the league season. 

The strip was still white and gold. 

52 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Solid tonight, lot to be positive about, Devlin, Crawford, Bartley, Dykes all look really good additions to the squad. 

I’d have concerns about the boy Cece at CB who looks a bit of a bomb scare, but will give the lad a chance if he plays, I’d imagine Lithgow and Lamie will be the CB pairing. 

Could've scored 4 or 5 tonight easily, lots I saw tonight gives me confidence heading into the league season. 

The strip was still white and gold. 

Was Cece the No15, thought he was the trialist, huge big defender but looked a bit slow and hit the ball in the general direction of players but most of his passes went to opposition players.

Really impressed by Bartley though, looks a fantastic signing, midfield general and really calm influence in front of our defence. Yeah Dykes looks the part too, good target man and also looks like he'll score a few goals for us.

8 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Not sure if this website is reliable but it is saying that Sylla has rejected an offer from us.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2019/salimo-sylla-rejects-livingston-scotland/ 

He certainly looked like the guy playing in the left back/wing back position last night.

I though he looked very good, one of the best trialists I've seen in recent times. Strong; fast; won 100% of tackles and quick to move forward; I would have liked to see him get an offer so its disappointing if this is true.

My one crumb of comfort was that this story was published at 17:00 last night, i.e. almost 3 hours before kick-off. If there's no chance a player will sign for you what's the point in playing them in a meaningless match (all respect to Alloa of course); particularly when you had plenty of other options and the likes of Van Schaik who travelled to the game but didn't make it into the squad.

We already have three French speakers on the books although a damp chilly evening in Alloa (IN JULY) probably didn't present the best impression.

For the record I thought the other trialist did okay but didn't offer us anything we don't already have in abundance.

EDIT - I've just noticed that Sylla is 5'7" tall. The boy playing for us last night seemed at least six foot?

Edited by Durnford

11 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Not sure if this website is reliable but it is saying that Sylla has rejected an offer from us.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2019/salimo-sylla-rejects-livingston-scotland/ 

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

My one crumb of comfort was that this story was published at 17:00 last night, i.e. almost 3 hours before kick-off. If there's no chance a player will sign for you what's the point in playing them in a meaningless match (all respect to Alloa of course)

It also says he "wants a return to France"; why bother going on trial with a team you don't even want to join, especially when "multiple Ligue 2 sides" are interested in him? :lol: Could be true right enough, footballers aren't exactly known for their smarts/common sense.

On 04/07/2019 at 00:23, LiviLion said:

Would guess at Aymen Souda (striker - AFC Dunarea Calarasi)

^^^ ITK

When I was checking the names last week I found a Youtube highlights reel of this guy, looked like a more composed Dolly Menga.

Dolly Menga's video did have him firing in constant 40 yard screamers so won't bother expecting anything until I've seen him play a few games :lol:

Edited by LiviLion