Livingston - all the threads merged

8 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Very reputable source. Inside the club.
I'm not saying we will get all those places however that's what Holt wants.

Ok fair enough. As fans for us it is great to be informed of that information, I’m not sure it’s very professional though from our club. I seen someone saying Byrne was told to sign a new contract or f**k off? How would we know this? Contract talks between the club and Byrne? I don’t imagine Byrne or his agent to be going around saying things like that to people, so info like that + plus transfer targets and rumours being leaked is just not very professional IMO.

Ok fair enough. As fans for us it is great to be informed of that information, I’m not sure it’s very professional though from our club. I seen someone saying Byrne was told to sign a new contract or f**k off? How would we know this? Contract talks between the club and Byrne? I don’t imagine Byrne or his agent to be going around saying things like that to people, so info like that + plus transfer targets and rumours being leaked is just not very professional IMO.
In relation to the positions the club want to fill, they have never like being linked with players as that usually alerts other clubs and we obviously have a small budget so need to keep our targets under wraps. But the 4 positions mentioned are the positions we require.

Regarding Byrne, he was offered a new deal and he didnt accept it, therefore the club told him he was transfer listed to find a new club so we could get some money for him rather than lose him for free. You clearly don't really know how P&B works if you're taking all of this too seriously.

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

In relation to the positions the club want to fill, they have never like being linked with players as that usually alerts other clubs and we obviously have a small budget so need to keep our targets under wraps. But the 4 positions mentioned are the positions we require.

Regarding Byrne, he was offered a new deal and he didnt accept it, therefore the club told him he was transfer listed to find a new club so we could get some money for him rather than lose him for free. You clearly don't really know how P&B works if you're taking all of this too seriously.

You’re confirming my point even more, I’m not disagreeing with what you are saying? You’ve just said we don’t get linked with players as that alerts other clubs? Absolutely agree, so how do we know who and what the club are looking for, how are other people in our fan base finding out details of who and what we are looking for?

How do you know the details of Byrnes deal? At no point has it ever been out in the papers or anywhere that Byrne was transfer listed but yet some of our fans claim that to be the case? I don’t understand how you can’t see my point and what I’m getting at? We have such small numbers, how does this info become available to us??

1 hour ago, Livisteve72 said:

Yep, that's what football forums are all about, that and taking the piss out of other teams, and vice versa.

Very rarely does a club announcement happen before you get wind of it somewhere first, even rarer for media outlets to  release that info before it has done the rounds on forums and social media. 

Doubt that was the actual dialogue used by the Club to Byrne. :lol:

3 hours ago, Livisteve72 said:

At no point has it ever been out in the papers or anywhere that Byrne was transfer listed but yet some of our fans claim that to be the case?

Wasn't there an article (by some shite like the Sun or DR) a few months ago that mentioned we were looking to sell him?

I haven't seen anyone mentioning specific names, just positions we're looking to strengthen, so that information wouldn't hinder the efforts of signing folk. Most of the time folk are just talking shite anyway, far too easy to start rumours these days.

Anyway, heard we're bringing in Zak Rudden on loan until January.

Anyone else see the story about the break-in at the stadium? To be honest, I’m not surprised, that car park is deadzone at night ...we’ll, besides the teenagers doing doughnuts at 4am.

Also, I think it would be better to get loan players in as a last resort; just doesn’t seem to be much of a future in repeatedly loaning strikers, for example.

Edited by crispy

5 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Wasn't there an article (by some shite like the Sun or DR) a few months ago that mentioned we were looking to sell him?

I haven't seen anyone mentioning specific names, just positions we're looking to strengthen, so that information wouldn't hinder the efforts of signing folk. Most of the time folk are just talking shite anyway, far too easy to start rumours these days.

We'd do better with Hardie again, which I don't want. 

34 minutes ago, crispy said:

Anyone else see the story about the break-in at the stadium? To be honest, I’m not surprised, that car park is deadzone at night ...we’ll, besides the teenagers doing doughnuts at 4am.

Also, I think it would be better to get loan players in as a last resort; just doesn’t seem to be much of a future in repeatedly loaning strikers, for example.

Great getaway driving, stole a van and wrapped it round a lamppost.:oops

Dunno, Hardie was excellent in the Championship, and Kelly did ok in league One, which helped us sign him up last year. If they aren't better than what we have then it's a waste of time though.

18 hours ago, LiviLion said:

If you can get Zak, he should do really well for you guys. Saw him week in week out last season, and was by far our diamond in the rough, or our at least on loan diamond

5 hours ago, Bairnschild said:

If you can get Zak, he should do really well for you guys. Saw him week in week out last season, and was by far our diamond in the rough, or our at least on loan diamond

4 hours ago, Mpire said:

Really hope we get Zak as cover/extra forward.

Is this some kind of double whoosh here? :lol:

On 21/06/2019 at 14:24, LiviLion said:

Most of the time folk are just talking shite anyway, far too easy to start rumours these days.

40 minutes ago, Liviguy said:

Don’t know I just get the feeling they will piss me off

Hmm, this doesn’t sound like a good starting point! It’s like you are just waiting on a hint of a problem - imagine when times get hard 🤣

2 minutes ago, third lanark said:

What’s the situation with Craig Sibbald with you guys, has he played much?

is jack McMillan likely to get much game time for you next season?

Thanks 

Sibbald is Holt's golden boy, will stay and play even though he's probably a bench player at best. 

McMillan apparently is being viewed as starting LB/RB from what I heard. Definitely staying put though in a make or break season for him

Edited by ATLIS

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Sibbald is Holt's golden boy, will stay and play even though he's probably a bench player at best. 

McMillan apparently is being viewed as starting LB/RB from what I heard. Definitely staying put though in a make or break season for him

I wouldn’t have minded if Sibbald (and Lawson) moved on in the Xmas window but they came onto a game a bit more in the second half of the season. I really think it was just a case of getting up to speed with the pace and aggression required for the league. I think Sibbald has an eye for a pass and a touch unlike any other player we have. I’m interested to see how he develops; not effective enough for me yet.

i like McMillan’s pace and aggression. Don’t fancy him at left back after that shocked of a miss at Hamilton though - no left foot on that occasion.