Livingston - all the threads merged

9 minutes ago, crispy said:

Dear Livi, please just tell me who our 15 goal striker will be next season. Cheers! 😂

On the whole, I’m pretty calm now; everyone who I expected to leave has now gone. Ideally Pitts would stay put!

If Pitts goes we get a lot of money at least. Surely we'd reinvest a fair chunk of that into a goal scorer 

we've got 3 midfielders in and 2 out, Bart;ey is a good replacement for Byrne and i'd say Devlin will be a lot better than Cadden. 

Defence is still a bit of an unknown but I think we're fine in midfield. Kelly wasn't filling us with confidence after seeing him on loan in League One, and he turned out great, just got to have faith in the management team to have our defence and keeper doing a good job for us this season.

Would be great if we got another striker in though, one that could bag us a few goal

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

we've got 3 midfielders in and 2 out, Bart;ey is a good replacement for Byrne and i'd say Devlin will be a lot better than Cadden. 

Defence is still a bit of an unknown but I think we're fine in midfield. Kelly wasn't filling us with confidence after seeing him on loan in League One, and he turned out great, just got to have faith in the management team to have our defence and keeper doing a good job for us this season.

Would be great if we got another striker in though, one that could bag us a few goal

Striker and a winger. Apparently after Hastie at Rangers on loan

Hastie would be a coup. Don't see it happening though. Do we need a striker with Menga, Dykes and Robbo? Ideally yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if no-one came in, I don't expect us to play 2 up top.

Still need a LB and a CB as well?

Hastie would be a coup. Don't see it happening though. Do we need a striker with Menga, Dykes and Robbo? Ideally yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if no-one came in, I don't expect us to play 2 up top.
Still need a LB and a CB as well?
CB we have Lithgow, Odoffin, McMillan, Pepe, Henk and Lamie

Henk and Odoffin aren't at the level required. Odoffin is a reasonable RB, but Henk wasn't a standout at League 1, so I don't see him getting a place here.

McMillian is someone I hadn't considered as an option however. I'd be up for giving him a shot, always looked good at RB.

Henk and Odoffin aren't at the level required. Odoffin is a reasonable RB, but Henk wasn't a standout at League 1, so I don't see him getting a place here.
McMillian is someone I hadn't considered as an option however. I'd be up for giving him a shot, always looked good at RB.
I'd imagine Devlin will be first choice RB with Lithgow and Pepe as CB and Lamie on the left unless we get a LB in

55 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Do we need a striker with Menga, Dykes and Robbo?

When you put it like that, definitely 😂 I think it’s fair to say that none of those three are known as goalscorers. We have a fair few decent link-up/partner players now. 

Oddofin doesn’t immediately jump out as a CB, to me. Disappointing to hear that Henk might not be up to it!

Edited by crispy

Big pressure on the new players to step up and replace the players that are away. I think we need another goalkeeper. A left back although I would like to see Lamie give a proper run at centre back. Out the strikers we have who’s going to score consistently for us? I just can’t see it at the moment need someone else in. Hope holt knows what he’s doing. Doesn’t fill me with confidence at the moment but plenty time

Left back and goalkeeper are the priorities for me. We should try to move players on before we look for forward options.

Any idea on season ticket sales? I bought one this season even though I won't make it to many games.

Tiffoney might surprise us and be the goal scoring striker we've been wanting, almost forgot about him last season with him being out on loan the first half and not having many appearances. However he looked quite lively when he did play, and scored a couple of goals against Motherwell, one of which was a really good finish.

Goalkeeper, Winger, Left back and a striker are what I understand we are bringing in.
Don't see the point in loaning another player from Rangers as that player cant play against the parent team which is annoying. Disrupts the team.

55 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Goalkeeper, Winger, Left back and a striker are what I understand we are bringing in.
Don't see the point in loaning another player from Rangers as that player cant play against the parent team which is annoying. Disrupts the team.

You mean we are actively working to bring in players for these positions? This sounds good..

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

Let’s be honest we are never going to replace what we’ve lost. Gallagher Halkett & Kelly are irreplaceable in the near future for us. However, what we bring in doesn’t have to be as good as any of them, they only have to be good enough to make sure we get that 10th spot. I’m optimistic and I trust the people within the club to get it right. What I don’t understand though is how some (see above) seem to find out things like this? Our club has very limited staff and resources, I don’t imagine the club to be releasing this information so where are we hearing this from? A good solid source or I’m struggling to believe most of it. Does no one else wonder the same when we see others say they’re hearing this and hearing that from inside the club?

Let’s be honest we are never going to replace what we’ve lost. Gallagher Halkett & Kelly are irreplaceable in the near future for us. However, what we bring in doesn’t have to be as good as any of them, they only have to be good enough to make sure we get that 10th spot. I’m optimistic and I trust the people within the club to get it right. What I don’t understand though is how some (see above) seem to find out things like this? Our club has very limited staff and resources, I don’t imagine the club to be releasing this information so where are we hearing this from? A good solid source or I’m struggling to believe most of it. Does no one else wonder the same when we see others say they’re hearing this and hearing that from inside the club?
Very reputable source. Inside the club.
I'm not saying we will get all those places however that's what Holt wants.

3 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Very reputable source. Inside the club.
I'm not saying we will get all those places however that's what Holt wants.

The same for me. 

I've heard the exact same in regards to positions

Back up keeper
LB to fight for 1st team
Winger to play in the 1st team
Striker to start alongside Dykes