Livingston - all the threads merged

Guess we'll never know the true story as to what went on behind the scenes, but is undoubtedly one of the best midfielders we've had since 2001/02. Pittman is a better player, yes, but it's not really a fair comparison IMO. Would've have liked to have seen Byrne in the holding role with Lawson on the right and Pittman through the centre, but it's been obvious for a while he was out of favour with the manager.

A good move for him, undoubtedly getting a hike in wages and playing in a team which should be challenging for the league comfortably. Best of luck to him.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So what type of player is he? Playmaker, ball winning midfielder, box to box?

Pretty slow but he's great on the ball, brilliant at turning away from his man and starting a play. He usually plays deep in a middle 3, good eye for a pass all in all. 2:50 for a bit of Byrne magic if you're interested :D 

9 minutes ago, Afro said:

Guess we'll never know the true story as to what went on behind the scenes, but is undoubtedly one of the best midfielders we've had since 2001/02. Pittman is a better player, yes, but it's not really a fair comparison IMO. Would've have liked to have seen Byrne in the holding role with Lawson on the right and Pittman through the centre, but it's been obvious for a while he was out of favour with the manager.

A good move for him, undoubtedly getting a hike in wages and playing in a team which should be challenging for the league comfortably. Best of luck to him.

Did say a few days ago about his agent trying to get him a move, can't begrudge him getting a better wage elsewhere

Seems like a similar situation to Kelly. Told to either sign a new deal or f**k off. Both chose the latter option.

Shame coz I thought he was brilliant. But with so many central midfielders someone needed to leave.

I think we still have a few more exits to see unfortunately.

Anyone who thinks that Pitts will sign for Dundee, can away and take a shite.

If having the core of our team leave for next to nothing wasn’t bad enough, the news of us having a white home kit has just about tipped me over the edge.

Should be looking forward to a second season in the top flight which not a lot of people thought would happen, instead I’m barely arsed about it.

I agree with ATLIS completely. We have got a fee for a player who appeared to no longer want to be at the club (turned down new contracts) and have secured a sell-on clause in case he continues to shine. We have at least two players ahead of him in that position, in addition. 

This is going to continue to happen until we consolidate ourselves in this league and grow the fanbase - these should be our next aims. There is no reason why we can't aspire to be like St. Johnstone, provided we get our act in gear off the park. 

Byrne gave us three good years and lots of great memories. Best of luck to him in the rest of his career.

15 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

There is no reason why we can't aspire to be like St. Johnstone, provided we get our act in gear off the park. 

Replacing core players seems to be the key. Of the team who got us up and consolidated things, only Liam Craig remains. Of our Scottish Cup winning team, only Wotherspoon has been here the whole time since.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Replacing core players seems to be the key. Of the team who got us up and consolidated things, only Liam Craig remains. Of our Scottish Cup winning team, only Wotherspoon has been here the whole time since.

A concern I have is about the apparent ‘spirit’ and ‘togetherness’; i think our team had it due to several years together. As we are having to install a whole new spine I’m a bit worried about how soon we’ll have that again, assuming we do. That said, Bartley seems like a good egg, based on the Hibs fans love for him; and I’m getting the impression the other boys that are coming in will have a bit of dig about them too. Fingers crossed!

25 minutes ago, crispy said:

A concern I have is about the apparent ‘spirit’ and ‘togetherness’; i think our team had it due to several years together. As we are having to install a whole new spine I’m a bit worried about how soon we’ll have that again, assuming we do. That said, Bartley seems like a good egg, based on the Hibs fans love for him; and I’m getting the impression the other boys that are coming in will have a bit of dig about them too. Fingers crossed!

Likely one of the reasons we're keeping Lee Miller around, I don't doubt that the good times in that squad will continue at all. It's a good team behind them

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Likely one of the reasons we're keeping Lee Miller around, I don't doubt that the good times in that squad will continue at all. It's a good team behind them

Aye, totally agree on big Lee. Could see from his disappointment at coming off against Dundee(?) that he’s still got a bit of fire in him and based on the silly videos released around Xmas he seems like a great guy to have in the dressing room.

If we are getting rid of Byrne because he didn’t want to be here then that’s fair enough. But if it’s because he wasn’t going to play that’s an absolute shambles. He’s by far one of the best players at the club and it’s maybe been since he’s not agreed contract offer that livi stopped playing him.... why would that make him want to stay longer? He’s by far one of the most talented players in squad and we should have done everyone we could have to keep him. Thank you for everythingByrne and you will be missed. Club legend 

23 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

If we are getting rid of Byrne because he didn’t want to be here then that’s fair enough. But if it’s because he wasn’t going to play that’s an absolute shambles. He’s by far one of the best players at the club and it’s maybe been since he’s not agreed contract offer that livi stopped playing him.... why would that make him want to stay longer? He’s by far one of the most talented players in squad and we should have done everyone we could have to keep him. Thank you for everythingByrne and you will be missed. Club legend 

Why did he sign for Dundee and not someone like Ross County, St Mirren, or Hamilton? I don't think he plays in our current team tbh other than the odd cameo from the bench and it could be that other teams in the premiership didn't rate him as a starter at this level either (or, more likely, they didn't want to pay money Dundee were willing to).

As has been said, he was brilliant for us and will always love him for his time here, especially with what he went through while at the club and still managing to give it his all, but I'd rather we moved players on and got cash for it instead of sticking with them just for the sake of loyalty, and losing them for nothing.

11 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Cos we are fucking box office mate. In the bag

11 hours ago, The Master said:

tumblr_mqfz1k47eY1qcb822o6_500.gif 

Alright ladies

11 hours ago, The Gifted Sub said:

Cute.

Alright Biggie/NDD you c**t.

Long time no see pals, I see your going down the Unitit route of out spending 90% of your division in the hope of being pumped by the big boys again, risky strategy as the big team have found out, hope it works for you boys though as St Mirren are good to laugh at but it's just not the same, even if they do look like Jeanfield.