Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

All I heard was a zoomer on the Facebook claiming he was at the reception and saw him :D Managed to find a picture and look him up despite not knowing his name

My favourite part was how no one questioned the fact that this guy was just standing in reception 'asking for Gary' :lol:

32 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

My favourite part was how no one questioned the fact that this guy was just standing in reception 'asking for Gary' :lol:

Heard of a similar thing with Nicky Clark, turns out he collects his letters at the club :D He's from here and rents a few houses out to the players. That's more credible than any other rumour :lol:

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

We want Byrne, yet again, apparently.

Reported by the sun so probably pish but a five figure fee agreed apparently.*

We've got Jacobs, Bartley, Pittman, Sibbald, Crawford, Lawson and probably another 10 who can play there so it makes sense to get cash for him rather than lose him next year for nothing, would have liked more than five figures but probably ask too much for a player with a year left anyway.

*Fucking hell, beaten to it twice :lol:

Edited by LiviLion

Quite sad how it’s all ended for him here. Was a bit unsure how he’d cope with the Championship but he was utterly superb last season, and totally embodied what that side were all about. Started off this season well and definitely didn’t look out of place, after that red card though it’s just went all quiet for him, barring an impressive appearance away to Celtic.

Dundee have got some player and he will no doubt be earning a good deal more than he will have here. Good luck to him but as with Gallagher and Halkett, disappointing he’s not away down south.

I find this one a little perplexing. He's one of our best players on his day. A victim of Lawson's success I'd guess, but I'd definitely still make room for the pair of them.

Probably a combination of a lot of little things. Him being unable to win his place back from Lawson, more money from Dundee, him only having a year on his deal therefore we're trying to make some cash now. Our current hard-on for signing central midfielders making it less likely he gets a starting spot next year. 

He's too good for the championship. If he goes, I wish him all the best.

All in all, a smart move from us. It'll not make sense to many but he doesn't have the pace to consistently compete at the top level, he's definitely behind a good 4-5 other players now. Too many blinded by his success, absolutely great player and will tear it up at Dundee but definitely the right move for all parties.

That's me saying that as Shaun goes down as one of my favourite Livi players of all time, overcame unimaginable adversity and hardship and gave it 110% week in week out. Will go down in history as part of the magic Livi team that did the unthinkable but if it came down to it, I'm glad we'll be keeping Pittman ahead of him.