TheDoctor

Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Next it'll be getting Livi wrong, or adding an E onto the end of Livingston.

I know,yawn stuff all round ;)

To be fair, I'm always quite tickled by a West Lothian Council Subsidies jibe but it's been a while since I've seen that rolled out. 

10 hours ago, JohnnyReggae said:

For Second Season Syndrome read down like a stone.

Reckon St Mirren are fucked tbh :D 

Unofficial Livingston Anthem IMO owing to the final verse of "I am Livingston" repeated 8/9 times.

I believe this was a genuine expression of Marr and Morrissey's soothsaying love for Livingston Football Club and all that is Livingston

1 hour ago, crispy said:

Any chat about new strip launch?

Last I heard there was a chance it could be white :( WTF..?

Last I heard there was a chance it could be white  WTF..?
That's what I've heard...not sure if that was home or away though

I think the current strips are crackers and don't see a need for us to move towards white.

Hearing holt has ruled himself out of the killie job.loving life at livi and wants to focus on the job repay the faith the club has shown in him

Hearing holt has ruled himself out of the killie job.loving life at livi and wants to focus on the job repay the faith the club has shown in him

The faith? What faith is that? Not sacking him for doing nothing wrong?

ITKAF though.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The faith? What faith is that? Not sacking him for doing nothing wrong?

ITKAF though.

For giving him the chance to manage the club.he was out of management for a couple of years 

In the interest of a fresh, pre-season filler post; is there anyone from the ‘youths’ that we should be watching out for? I know we are no longer running the youngest age groups but we have some guys in the reserves who haven’t established themselves in the first team yet, right?  

15 minutes ago, crispy said:

In the interest of a fresh, pre-season filler post; is there anyone from the ‘youths’ that we should be watching out for? I know we are no longer running the youngest age groups but we have some guys in the reserves who haven’t established themselves in the first team yet, right?  

Most of the young guys in the reserves have been released, follow a few on Instagram and they all seem to be finding new clubs or stating they're off for a 'new challenge'

I wonder how the costs stack up... develop your own or pick up those released from bigger clubs?

3 hours ago, crispy said:

I wonder how the costs stack up... develop your own or pick up those released from bigger clubs?

I mean you probably have to pay these guys £250-400 p/w to give them minimum wage for full time. Say we drop 6-10 of these players that will never really break through there's between £1950-3250 per week that we save. Would give us a lot more depth or just better value elsewhere 

Yea, I guess it’s only natural to question it when you see other clubs having purple patches in terms of the youth coming through. Appreciate it must take a  fair scouting/investment otherwise clubs would be churning out great players all the time.

16 minutes ago, crispy said:

Yea, I guess it’s only natural to question it when you see other clubs having purple patches in terms of the youth coming through. Appreciate it must take a  fair scouting/investment otherwise clubs would be churning out great players all the time.

From what I can see we have a pretty clear transfer policy right now though, nearly all of our signings so far have been 23-26, on the cusp of the peak of their career. These guys will either do brilliantly well and look to move on (getting us a good fee) or not make it. That's the gamble with most players, that they wont cut it. Having these players on 2 year deals with the option of us activating a third year deal will be vital, I can imagine as soon as a team shows interest we activate that clause and ask them to pay double the fee. 

I think the club is doing pretty well in a transitional period, if we stay up this season we'll be pretty comfortable financially and have the bit more experience. The longer we survive at this level will determine where our standing is when we drop to the Championship. If we get another 2/3 seasons at this level and the money involve + parachute payments but go down, surely we'd need to think of ourselves as a team challenging for promotion/winning the league. 

I think if and when we do drop to the Championship it'll be a weird summer prior to it, no one will really know what the expectations are. Surely we wouldn't settle for the old Championship mantra of just trying to stay up

New main club sponsor - 3yr deal  quote from Wilson the biggest sponsorship deal he's seen?

Sponsor has announced, but the club haven't which seems strange

No more pasta..?

23 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 12:55, Livi said:
Last I heard there was a chance it could be white emoji20.png WTF..?

That's what I've heard...not sure if that was home or away though

I had heard it was white for the home strip may have changes tho.?