Livingston - all the threads merged

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Liam Kelly

Got to be in the squad to have a chance of playing.

The equivalent of Campbell Money or Billy Thompson getting called up. Good keepers but not at the "right" team.

The equivalent of Campbell Money or Billy Thompson getting called up. Good keepers but not at the "right" team.

An outfield player in the squad has much more chance of actually playing.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

An outfield player in the squad has much more chance of actually playing.

Maybe under Clarke he might,  given that he played Brophy tonight who looked out his depth. 

Maybe under Clarke he might,  given that he played Brophy tonight who looked out his depth. 

Considering how O’Donnell played any RB out there playing well enough has a decent shout.

7 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Get it right up the loser making the first comment. Ayr are minnows who have spent most of their recent history in the third tier.

But never the fourth :wub:

On 08/06/2019 at 16:41, eez-eh said:

Don’t know how he’s got on at Walsall but would never have used that phrase when he was at Ayr.

He’s quick, athletic and loves a lung busting run forward. He’ll put the effort in and the fans will like him, but his final ball was rarely good and he had a habit of not tracking back once he’d made a run up the pitch - defending wasn’t really a strong point.

I think he’s a good signing but - unless he’s worked on it significantly at Walsall - you won’t be getting a no nonsense defender.

Walsall fan in peace here. Nicky is definitely not a non nonsense defender. He was much better going forward and could put in a reasonable cross but not often enough. You can't fault him for effort but he just wasn't good enough for League One. Between his and Luke Leahy's(ex-Falkirk) defensive performances you could see why we got relegated. I wish him well and I will watching Livingston's results and his performances  with interest.

32 minutes ago, Super Saddler said:

Walsall fan in peace here. Nicky is definitely not a non nonsense defender. He was much better going forward and could put in a reasonable cross but not often enough. You can't fault him for effort but he just wasn't good enough for League One. Between his and Luke Leahy's(ex-Falkirk) defensive performances you could see why we got relegated. I wish him well and I will watching Livingston's results and his performances  with interest.

Weve a tremendous record of giving players a chance at our club when they perhaps feel they can go no further at their former club.If he can integrate himself into our way of playing im sure he will prove to be a decent aquisition for us.He is obviously not coming for the money as we are on tight budget and hence probably feels the need for a fresh challenge.I welcome him to my club and wish him well.

Looks like a bit of a rough diamond in this vid from 2017: 

He should add some entertainment if he can find his feet at this level; and he’ll add some much needed pace into the back line. His style appears to resemble what I think of Gray at Hibs as.

Edited by crispy

1 minute ago, LogieLivi said:
3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:
Someone on our forum saying you lot are trying to steal Jordon Forster from under our noses.

Forster has been in talks with us for at least 2 months....

First I've heard about that. Where have you seen that? No mention at all on here or your forum as far as I can see.

We've signed defender Cece Franck Pepe:

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/bienvenue-chez-livi-cece-franck-pepe/

We are delighted to announce the pre-contract signing of defender Cécé Franck Pepe on a 2 year deal, with the club having an option of a third. 

Manager Gary Holt said: “Davie and I had Cécé in for a week or so training near the tail end of the season and we really liked the lad. He showed to get on extremely well within our squad and we both feel he will be a fantastic asset for Livingston FC. 

“He is a product of the Marseille youth academy and has also gained some First Team experience in the Ukraine and Italy.

“Cécé is an out-and-out defender and likes to defend, good on the ball, physical and has a bit of pace in his locker. All in all we feel he is a fantastic signing for the club.”

Welcome to Livingston Cécé!

Want to see what Cécé can do? Take a look at the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGET8gqj2os

image.thumb.png.18c8657a4c53990dd3bb80aa70770663.png

You've made it, son :thumsup2

Edited by crispy

20 minutes ago, crispy said:

We've signed defender Cece Franck Pepe:

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/bienvenue-chez-livi-cece-franck-pepe/

We are delighted to announce the pre-contract signing of defender Cécé Franck Pepe on a 2 year deal, with the club having an option of a third. 

Manager Gary Holt said: “Davie and I had Cécé in for a week or so training near the tail end of the season and we really liked the lad. He showed to get on extremely well within our squad and we both feel he will be a fantastic asset for Livingston FC. 

“He is a product of the Marseille youth academy and has also gained some First Team experience in the Ukraine and Italy.

“Cécé is an out-and-out defender and likes to defend, good on the ball, physical and has a bit of pace in his locker. All in all we feel he is a fantastic signing for the club.”

Welcome to Livingston Cécé!

Want to see what Cécé can do? Take a look at the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGET8gqj2os

image.thumb.png.18c8657a4c53990dd3bb80aa70770663.png

You've made it, son :thumsup2

I get that these videos are edited to make the player look fantastic but he seems to have the right attributes about him to replace Halkett...strength, pace, an eye for a pass and isn't afraid to get hurt....not so sure about the grabbing of the opponent's throat though....still looks a good signing I reckon

Edited by Cptn Hooch