Livingston - all the threads merged

17 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Think I saw something about us re-signing someone, but too lazy to try and find out if I did see it somewhere or if it was a dream :lol:

One rumour that may or may not have been debunked was Blair Spittal, because we needed to be linked with another Patrick Thistle player. 

Resigning was just a contract offer to Lawless

Don't think we are in for Spittal 

Resigning was just a contract offer to Lawless

Don't think we are in for Spittal 

Word is that Spittal has a couple of offers - County is one, and I think it was the Express that suggested Livingston was the other.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Word is that Spittal has a couple of offers - County is one, and I think it was the Express that suggested Livingston was the other.

We're not looking in Scotland for signings apparently, because there's no value for money. If he signs for us it'll be on less than 700 p/w

12 hours ago, ATLIS said:

We're not looking in Scotland for signings apparently, because there's no value for money. If he signs for us it'll be on less than 700 p/w

Most still on holiday im afraid. Expect activity in the next.3 weeks.Gary will take his time.And Rightly so.Work ahead for us.

Midfield: CM - Bartley, Keaghan, Byrne, Lawson, Pittman; wide-Wylde, Erskine, Tiffoney,  Menga, Lawless, De Vita? Certainly a lot of options already in there. During our rise we never stood still with regards to recruitment; there were always faces coming and going, and I'd imagine Holt will take any opportunity to 'upgrade'.  

We initially tried Lawson out wide wonder if he'll end up back out there; Menga looking more comfortable back out wide.

Just to expand a bit on @crispy's post above (seeing our depth in midfield), is this how our squad looks at the moment? Might have a few of the positions slightly skewed; just tried to get a general idea of where they can/will play.

GK
Liam Kelly
Ross Stewart

DEF
Calum Crane - LB/LWB
Ricki Lamie - LB/LWB
Alan Lithgow - CB
Jack McMillan - RB/RWB/CB
Hakeem Odoffin - CB/RB/RWB
Henk van Schaik - CB

MID
Marvin Bartley - CM
Shaun Byrne - CM
Raffaele De Vita - LWB/LW/RWB/RW
Chris Erskine - RW/ST
Keaghan Jacobs - CM
Steven Lawless - LWB/LW/RWB/RW
Steve Lawson - CM/RWB/RB
Scott Pittman - CM
Craig Sibbald - CM/LW
Scott Tiffoney - RW/ST
Gregg Wylde - LW

ATT
Lyndon Dykes - ST
Dolly Menga - ST/LW/RW
Lee Miller - ST

Which leaves us still unsure on whether or not we're keeping Scott Robinson (imagine he'll sign), Nicky Cadden, and Jack Hamilton? 

I'm sure Robinson has triggered his extension for appearances. I would be surprised to see him go.
Hamilton and Cadden have deals for the coming season so unless anyone wants to fork out money for them then they will stay.
I like the look of Hamilton but as usual for us, not a goalscorer as such. Be interesting who we rest our Hope's on as a goal scorer next season.

2 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

I'm sure Robinson has triggered his extension for appearances. I would be surprised to see him go.
Hamilton and Cadden have deals for the coming season so unless anyone wants to fork out money for them then they will stay.
I like the look of Hamilton but as usual for us, not a goalscorer as such. Be interesting who we rest our Hope's on as a goal scorer next season.

Midfield sorted.But im worried about our defence. They say some guys are irreplacable. In this case i tend to agree.Lithgow is going to have to be massive next season with those around him.Not sure if we can reply on goals from all over the park as we have done previously. Need to get help up front as what weve got Simply wont be good enough at this level. Hopefully Gary and Davie will have guys coming in to do the job.SPL should be an attraction for most.

4 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

7 year deal for him then.

Possibly a coincidence but he's commented on Keghan's post about Raffa's wedding saying he's with Martindale nearby, noticed that after the link. Not sure if that's the entire link though to be fair. 

https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/sport/soccer/2019-05-29-i-still-believe-i-have-another-few-years-in-me-says-daine-klate/

“Klate made only six starts and competed in less than half the games that Chippa played in a season in which they needed a last-gasp win on the final day of the league campaign to keep their top-flight status.”

How many guys with an eye coaching do we pull in?

4 hours ago, crispy said:

https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/sport/soccer/2019-05-29-i-still-believe-i-have-another-few-years-in-me-says-daine-klate/

“Klate made only six starts and competed in less than half the games that Chippa played in a season in which they needed a last-gasp win on the final day of the league campaign to keep their top-flight status.”

How many guys with an eye coaching do we pull in?

Think he's the most successful player in South African Premier League history, seems like a serial winner so the mentality would be good to have around. Not convinced that a 34 year old winger would have the pace to compete though

Wingers are the last thing we need right now. Would need to offload a few to make it worthwhile.

Not convinced the SA top league is much better than the Scottish either.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 12:11, crispy said:

Lawless has re-signed for 1 year. :)

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 12:32, EdinburghLivi said:

He's a great player and surprisingly versatile. Very happy with this.

I like the wording of the announcement on our OS, it looks like he'll be playing as an out and out winger.

We feel there is a lot more to come from him as for large parts of last season he was utilised at right wing back.

“This is something that will change going into next season and Steven will play a big part again next season.”

Josh Mullin was the same the prev season, and has done a lot better for County playing as a winger. I think Lawless will excel for us playing as an attacking player, and not having to track back as much. Looks like we'll prob be going with 4 at the back in a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I like the wording of the announcement on our OS, it looks like he'll be playing as an out and out winger.

Josh Mullin was the same the prev season, and has done a lot better for County playing as a winger. I think Lawless will excel for us playing as an attacking player, and not having to track back as much. Looks like we'll prob be going with 4 at the back in a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1.

Agree - I don’t think Lawless is big and powerful enough for the winger back  so I’m pleased he’ll be playing a more attacking role. I’ve seen him come into the middle of the park and look effective, it helps that he’s got a great ping on him, but a starting position out wide is  probably best as he’ll also have the opportunity to stick balls into the box.

@LiviLion you can edit that post for the Lawless position update on the OS :lol:

Edited by crispy

Lawless was always best for us playing on the right of a front 3 despite being left footed, helped massively that we had  someone with the pace of Stephen O'Donnell overlapping him when he cut inside. He was only pressed into service as a wing back / full back due to injuries in our relegation season (tho he played in his more normal position vs you in the playoffs) so it's a bit of a surprise you played him as a wing back. Was keeping an eye out to see if you'd let him go and if so whether we'd be in for him again (change of manager etc) but definitely the right decision to keep him from Livi.

4 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Lawless was always best for us playing on the right of a front 3 despite being left footed, helped massively that we had  someone with the pace of Stephen O'Donnell overlapping him when he cut inside. He was only pressed into service as a wing back / full back due to injuries in our relegation season (tho he played in his more normal position vs you in the playoffs) so it's a bit of a surprise you played him as a wing back. Was keeping an eye out to see if you'd let him go and if so whether we'd be in for him again (change of manager etc) but definitely the right decision to keep him from Livi.

It was just unfortunate for him having to fit into our system,  Josh Mullin was the same for us in the Championship. We had a fantastic defensive back 3 of Gallagher, Halkett and Lithgow, 3 CB's, so we needed the wingers to play as WB's. With Gallagher and Halkett away, it looks like we're going to a back 4, and Lawless will get to play as a winger now.