TheDoctor

Livingston - all the threads merged

Signing due today according to Twitter.

Hoping for someone to get a bit of the feelgood factor back, Halkett and Gallagher’s departures have kinda deflated us for a few weeks now.

Marvin Bartley apparently. Any idea how he's done at Hibs this year?

EDIT: Yep, Bartley. 3 year deal is brave. He's 32, that concerns me a little.

Edited by thruthenight

He was immense for us at times. Not been at his best this season but wish him well,  looks like a good move for him. Cup winning legend and detests Hearts, can’t ask for much more.

Edited by Zing.

Looks like a good signing on paper. He was a colossus for Hibs in the Championship.

I think they may have brought him in for extra protection in the anchor position now that Halkett is gone. Getting a replacement as good as Halkett will likely be impossible so protecting the new defence makes a lot of sense.

Not a surprise this signing given we almost got him last summer, solid signing, good experience. 

Good start. 

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Whittaker to also apparently sign for Livi. 

I think he's finished at right-back?

41 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

If he’s stepping across to CB I’d be worried about pace...

I really fuckin hope not.
I'm worried about Holts signings so far. All have been pretty bad.
Wylde and Erskine and being linked with Whittaker? No into that

I really fuckin hope not.
I'm worried about Holts signings so far. All have been pretty bad.
Wylde and Erskine and being linked with Whittaker? No into that
I don't get the hate for Erskine. He offered us something different to what we had. Wylde hasn't worked out but not every signing does. Bartley looks a great piece of business though.

3 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

More like finished full-stop. Lennon tried to reinvent him as a holding midfielder, when McGeouch was injured (about a year ago), and then as a centre-back. He filled in once or twice in the Euro games, and looked really shaky even against the Faroese fishermen. Oddly enough, he did have a couple of semi-decent games back at right-back in December (while Gray was injured). I struggle to believe that any FT team would sign him, except as a player-coach type thing.

He's not played at all under Heckingbottom. I think his only recent appearance in public was in a Norwich end-of-season charity/celebration game. Although it's interesting to note who was playing in midfield in that team.

Edited by morrison1982

Not sure on Bartley signing. He’s a big boy but does he close down well like our other midfielders. I’ve seen he hasn’t featured much this season . Is that injury or just not being picked? 3 year deal is strange to 

Not sure on Bartley signing. He’s a big boy but does he close down well like our other midfielders. I’ve seen he hasn’t featured much this season . Is that injury or just not being picked? 3 year deal is strange to 
Any Hibs fan I've spoke to have used the words warrior or hard working. Think he'll fit in well at Livi and give us some good protection for the backline. If Marvin is anything to go by I'm excited by the prospect of our team next year. Whittaker is just rumours at the moment as was Christie but I have faith that if he isn't going to fit the team, Holt and Martindale won't sign him