Livingston - all the threads merged

5 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Might be, you never know. I also have no idea what it's like to be in League 1. Or indeed, almost bankrupted twice. 

You're on everyone's shit list tonight. :lol:

Go make a cup of tea and chill for a bit. Dont mention crowd size. I want a fiver.

Edited by Crawford
I can't spell apparently.

Enjoyed catching up on last nights posts! That Falkirk lad was mental!! hahaha. Genuinely looking forward to see them struggle in a strong championship again!

I'm gonna guess they will finish 6th next year? Any other guesses?

Edited by Mpire

1 minute ago, Mpire said:

Enjoyed catching up on last nights posts! That Falkirk lad was mental!! hahaha. Genuinely looking foreword to see them struggle in a strong championship again!

I'm gonna guess they will finish 6th next year? Any other guesses?

tapatalk_1487970079681.gif

Starting to sound like Miller won't be taking the job today*, so imagine we'll move on and try and get Holt in ASAP.

We've also got Louis Gray on trial, young goalkeeper recently left Everton. Spent the second half of last season on loan at Carlisle but didn't get on the pitch. Didn't expect a goalkeeper to have a highlights video, especially when most of it is just passing it out to the defence :lol:

*assuming I haven't jumped to the wrong conclusion

Edited by LiviLion

45 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Starting to sound like Miller won't be taking the job today, so imagine we'll move on and try and get Holt in ASAP.

We've also got Louis Gray on trial, young goalkeeper recently left Everton. Spent the second half of last season on loan at Carlisle but didn't get on the pitch. Didn't expect a goalkeeper to have a highlights video, especially when most of it is just passing it out to the defence :lol:

Holt would be a far better appointment in any case. The fact Miller was delaying tells you he wasn't sure, and that's not something you need. Holt did well enough with a particularly average Falkirk team, so he should be fine. General opinion is that he's a good coach and man manager too. 

Aye Holt fits in with our signing up Falkirk gadgies and taking them to the top tier ethos. Miller had 2 goes failing miserably with Falkirk in the play offs, and went up first go with Livi, and Sibbald jumped at the chance of signing up as a Livi player after years stagnating at Falkirk.

6 minutes ago, Bigbairn72 said:

Am pretty sure miller will take it and I’m guessing holt will be sitting waiting on the nod.wonder how he feels sitting watching this circus miller has caused.wont blame him for saying no after waiting

Doubt very much that's how it has gone down.

Paper talk and hearsay on a football forum wont be how Holt decides if he wants the job (if he's lucky enough to be offered it). I think some folk need to calm down and relax. If a manager was in place last week, this week, or next week, it would make no difference to where we are in our preparations for the season, everything is going nicely on that score.

51 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye Holt fits in with our signing up Falkirk gadgies and taking them to the top tier ethos. Miller had 2 goes failing miserably with Falkirk in the play offs, and went up first go with Livi, and Sibbald jumped at the chance of signing up as a Livi player after years stagnating at Falkirk.

My word, your even biting at things that aren't bites.. 

Was making the point that Holt was a far better appointment than Miller would be. 

Edited by DeeBairn

Doubt very much that's how it has gone down.
Paper talk and hearsay on a football forum wont be how Holt decides if he wants the job (if he's lucky enough to be offered it). I think some folk need to calm down and relax. If a manager was in place last week, this week, or next week, it would make no difference to where we are in our preparations for the season, everything is going nicely on that score.

So millers no been offered the job and stalling??? Holts no spoke to the board and wants the job even though millers first choice?

6 minutes ago, djs9750 said:

Not sure what to think of this quote in the Scotsman - The club have made a contract offer that stretches them,” said director John Ward 

Sounds like you've signed Miller on a player coach contract. Can't see the alternative, Holt isn't going to be a bank breaker if he's looking to get back into management.

8 minutes ago, djs9750 said:

Not sure what to think of this quote in the Scotsman - The club have made a contract offer that stretches them,” said director John Ward 

I took it to mean stretching over 2 separate contracts for player and manager, but I could be (and usually am) way off.