Livingston - all the threads merged

34 minutes ago, Mpire said:

According to the BBC Millers deadline is today (although pretty sure they have said that before).

It's the Daily Mail, to be fair.  And to be fair, it's the Daily Mail in the rumours section, which is notoriously nonsensical.  

I believe we are trying to avoid the same situation that we ended up in with Burchill when he was sacked. 

Its fairly complicated contractually when bringing in a player/manager as he will probably want all the benefits that comes with playing but will also want management clauses as well. 

7 minutes ago, madton said:

Presumably Hopkin hasn't got a gig yet?

Is his decision to leave one momentous feck up?

Looks that way to me atm - surprised he hasn't got one though tbh! I'd rather he came back (even though he wanted away) than we take Miller who doesn't want to do it but might be stuck with nothing else. At least Hopkins was honest from the start. Unfortunately I don't think he'll be back though...

26 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Where has Miller said he doesn't want the job?

By being interviewed weeks ago and him 'weighing up his options' and stringing everyone along. I'm sure there would be hundreds of players coming to the end of their careers who would jump at the chance to manage us. I think he's being disrespectful.  Its not like we are waiting on Zidane to make up his mind.....

Edited by Mpire

1 hour ago, madton said:

Presumably Hopkin hasn't got a gig yet?

Is his decision to leave one momentous feck up?

I get the feeling he has seen something at the club that he didn't like. The whole thing seems a bit strange from over here, if he had a job lined up, he would have gone. You don't leave a club in order to interview elsewhere, you leave when you have something sorted and the clubs have agreed compo.

So what, has he walked away rather than stay? If that is the case, what is/was going on?

Either way, Holt before Miller. RE clauses in Millers contract, I'd be surprised if the clauses were more behavioural rather than managerial, given his temperament and history.

35 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I get the feeling he has seen something at the club that he didn't like. The whole thing seems a bit strange from over here, if he had a job lined up, he would have gone. You don't leave a club in order to interview elsewhere, you leave when you have something sorted and the clubs have agreed compo.

So what, has he walked away rather than stay? If that is the case, what is/was going on?

Either way, Holt before Miller. RE clauses in Millers contract, I'd be surprised if the clauses were more behavioural rather than managerial, given his temperament and history.

:lol:

I reckon you're just making shit up and haven't a clue.:thumsup2

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

:lol:

I reckon you're just making shit up and haven't a clue.:thumsup2

Hmm, double title winning coach walks away without having a job lined up.

Yup, I'm sure everything is peachy at the club and I'm making shit up. Not like there's a history of shady owners/chairmen, unpaid debts, dodgy loans and employing sex offenders.

I hear you've also made a bid for Goodwillie :thumsup2

46 minutes ago, Mpire said:

By being interviewed weeks ago and him 'weighing up his options' and stringing everyone along. I'm sure there would be hundreds of players coming to the end of their careers who would jump at the chance to manage us. I think he's being disrespectful.  Its not like we are waiting on Zidane to make up his mind.....

You're just making assumptions though, from what i'm reading on Callum Carson's twitter there are some clauses in the deal and it isn't just straight forward as an aye or no decision on him wanting the job. We don't know what is involved really but it's frustrating for the fans and as such you're losing the heid a bit.

A deadline is set now though so if he isn't taking the job by tomorrow then we move onto the next option and take it from there. Everything else is moving along nicely though so there is no need for us to be concerned, signings and pre season training is going well.

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Hmm, double title winning coach walks away without having a job lined up.

Yup, I'm sure everything is peachy at the club and I'm making shit up. Not like there's a history of shady owners/chairmen, unpaid debts, dodgy loans and employing sex offenders.

I hear you've also made a bid for Goodwillie :thumsup2

Yep just as I said, talking shite and making it up.:thumsup2

How's tricks at the shambles that are Falkirk, you reckon you'll manage to stay up again this season?

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep just as I said, talking shite and making it up.:thumsup2

How's tricks at the shambles that are Falkirk, you reckon you'll manage to stay up again this season?

Unlike you lot?

Absolutely. 

Not sure what bits are made up, care to clarify? Was it:-

• Crooked Chairmen?
  • Administration?
  • Unpaid Debts
  • Alan Lithgow being a dick-waving weirdo?