Livingston - all the threads merged

You'd have to imagine that an English club would take a punt on Quitongo quite easily. Minimal risk on their part both in terms of paying no fee and probably relatively low wages.

If he wound up at us I'd be pleasantly surprised but I'm not taking much from him training with us tbh.

51 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

We did reject such an offer from Doncaster, but it was 2 years ago.

Ah very misleading statement from Macca then, thought he meant recently. 

Whats he played ? 30 odd first team games in 3 years ? 

A fair offer would be in the region of 15-30k in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Afro said:

You'd have to imagine that an English club would take a punt on Quitongo quite easily. Minimal risk on their part both in terms of paying no fee and probably relatively low wages.

If he wound up at us I'd be pleasantly surprised but I'm not taking much from him training with us tbh.

That’s what I’m saying though, in a month or so time he’ll be able to go to any English team he wants for free, so you’d assume Morton would want to get something for him just now before that option opens up to him. 

Right, this is a joke!! Get Miller to foooook! D1cking us around big time. The board need to show some balls and tell him he's had long enough - clearly after a better offer elsewhere so why bother.

1 hour ago, Mpire said:

Right, this is a joke!! Get Miller to foooook! D1cking us around big time. The board need to show some balls and tell him he's had long enough - clearly after a better offer elsewhere so why bother.

How sure are you that it's Miller that's holding this up?

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Bit of knicker-wetting going on here. Squad is looking good and pre-season training looks to be going well.

We will get our manager, the club need to try and make sure they are choosing the right one.

Agreed, if Miller gets the job it seems he might be in an uphill struggle straight away with some fans. Whoever it is we need to get behind them

I'm not sure why you are actually looking for a manager to be honest. Martindale seems to be running the show and whoever comes in will be on a hiding to nothing if they dont have control over signings, tactics etc.
I guess in Millers case you get to justify paying him more than the rest simply because he technically has 2 roles at the club but otherwise what is the point?

26 minutes ago, Torfason said:

I'm not sure why you are actually looking for a manager to be honest. Martindale seems to be running the show and whoever comes in will be on a hiding to nothing if they dont have control over signings, tactics etc.
I guess in Millers case you get to justify paying him more than the rest simply because he technically has 2 roles at the club but otherwise what is the point?

Agreed Torfason - there is no point! Just give it to Martindale now...

53 minutes ago, Torfason said:

The alternative is everyone at the club sitting with a finger up their arse until someone else is appointed. Makes more sense to keep trying to sign players, no?

Got a link to where you've seen the manager won't have control over anything btw? Sounds like an interesting read. 

Sack the board etc. 

Calm down folks ffs!

The board deserve our patience for all they have achieved in the past couple of years. Getting the squad moving and keeping continuity with the back room staff is far more important at this stage. It was always going to be tough to get a manager in with the restrictions of keeping all of that together.  We cannot afford a huge wage for Miller - he clearly is interested in the job but is probably having to make a decision on accepting lower money than he can get elsewhere - there will always be some horsetrading in that type of situation.

it will be fine. Keep the faith etc.

The alternative is everyone at the club sitting with a finger up their arse until someone else is appointed. Makes more sense to keep trying to sign players, no?
Got a link to where you've seen the manager won't have control over anything btw? Sounds like an interesting read. 

Sack the board etc. 
I totally agree that you should be signing players. I just think the current set up doesn't seem broke so why fix it? It wasn't a dig.

3 minutes ago, Torfason said:
40 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Sack the board etc. 

I totally agree that you should be signing players. I just think the current set up doesn't seem broke so why fix it? It wasn't a dig.

My point as well - just give it to Martindale. Better than upsetting the apple cart now...

2 hours ago, Mpire said:

My point as well - just give it to Martindale. Better than upsetting the apple cart now...

Having a convicted drug dealer as your actual manager would be almost as big a minter as Hearts appointing Graham Rix.

Let’s be honest here, did anyone expect us to still have Halkett, Byrne and Hardie heading into the new season ? In fact with the exception of 3, 1 outwith our control then we’ve kept the whole squad together, That is testament to the club and the work they’ve done up to now and should be applauded not ridiculed for keeping the ball rolling.

Martindale doesn’t want the job, end of story, he is running things just now because well who else would ? At many clubs the assistant is in charge of pre season etc, it was the same last season so this absolutely isn’t an issue for me at all.

The only thing I’d criticise the club for is allowing Miller to walk all over us a bit and leave us hanging for so long, I would’ve set a deadline last week and if it wasn’t signed move on. 

It is my understanding that if it’s not signed by Friday though, we’ll go to plan B which is already in place.