Livingston - all the threads merged

8 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

absolutely unreal business from dave n dave

in case you didn't know

we're going back to the spl

Then they've either bought a time machine, or you are going bust to play in a league that will contain just yourselves and Rangers (deceased).

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Then they've either bought a time machine, or you are going bust to play in a league that will contain just yourselves and Rangers (deceased).

SPL, in our hearts, forever, always. RIP big man, GBNF

What a January it’s been for the Club, when you look at the squad now we have real strength and depth all over the pitch, I’m struggling to pick a best 11. 

Well done to all at the club for bringing these guys in. 

I’m also told that with all the comings and goings we’ve actually cut 1k a month off the wage bill, which considering the players we’ve brought in is quite an effort. 

Edited by andylivi1

What a January it’s been for the Club, when you look at the squad now we have real strength and depth all over the pitch, I’m struggling to pick a best 11. 
I’m also told that with all the comings and goings we’ve actually cut 1k a month off the wage bill, which considering the players we’ve brought in is quite an effort. 

All additions we have made so far have added quality.
I'm still hoping we can get a decent keeper in to challenge Neil for number 1 for the remainder of the season with the view to him taking over next season if Neil hangs up his gloves.

Just now, andylivi1 said:

Now if we can just top it off with getting 200K for Knox and getting Byrne, Pittman and Halkett signed up for another 2 years each.:thumsup2

45 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I wonder how much rangers will want for him. Was decent  at raith but brutal at st mirren.

His contract is up at the end of the season so unless we offer him an extension/new deal he's a free agent.  I can't see us being interested in either so he has a chance to a. help you and b. showcase himself for a gig with you or elsewhere.

He seems a decent and 'honest' young man so I wish him well and hope he has a good few months with you.

And for Hopkin's next trick Gallagher's full potential will finally be realised in a Pirlo-Busqets type holding midfield role going on to assist 30 goals in the second half of the season and crunching every opposition forward (baseball bat pending) :D 

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

His contract is up at the end of the season so unless we offer him an extension/new deal he's a free agent.  I can't see us being interested in either so he has a chance to a. help you and b. showcase himself for a gig with you or elsewhere.

He seems a decent and 'honest' young man so I wish him well and hope he has a good few months with you.

Hopefully he works out as good as Craig Halkett.

In all seriousness, that’s a very good signing, and one which absolutely transforms our prospects of scoring goals in the second half of the season. Not expecting an instant return but we’re certainly well-equipped now.

Good stuff from Hopkin and the bean counters.

In all seriousness, what is the health of finances at your club?
Given your average attendances it seems strange that you are able to bring in a few players of reasonable quality even if others don’t agree...

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Given your average attendances it seems strange that you are able to bring in a few players of reasonable quality even if others don’t agree...

We’ve actually cut the monthly wage bill by 1k with the comings and goings this month. 

Just now, roman_bairn said:

We released some players too and even sold one for a wad of dosh. Apparently our wage bill has been reduced and we've strengthened the squad whilst doing so.

Finances could always be better with the crowds being so low but the guy in charge is doing a decent job of keeping it in check and working to a budget.

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think you can tell from the statements that miller is taking a pay cut and Hardie is getting subsidised by sevco.  They probably just want to give him a final chance to shine before freeing him in the summer.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That will suit your hoof ball tactics.

PS Miller was done 18 month ago

More than happy if he chips in with 3 or 4 goals until the end of the season. Absolutely chuffed a player of his standing will likely end up a coach for us which is what he wanted at Falkirk. He has a lot to pass on and will do well working with Hartson

We released some players too and even sold one for a wad of dosh. Apparently our wage bill has been reduced and we've strengthened the squad whilst doing so.
Finances could always be better with the crowds being so low but the guy in charge is doing a decent job of keeping it in check and working to a budget.

I never thought I would see the day when I would say that Livvy sounds like it’s being well run...

Miller is a bit of a legend for us but in all honesty he has looked past it this season. He may get you a few goals and hold up the ball for others to run onto..