Livingston - all the threads merged

10 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

No Lamie or Rafa? Bit harsh? What we thinking I’ll happen with lee Miller next season? 

I think Lamie has been fairly poor, anyone with pace has him ripped to bits. Feel like he's maybe good cover but never a starter for me. Raffa I think is past his best, is lacking a bit of pace and strength in comparison to the rest of the league. Lee Miller is much the same, is just resorting to falling down and expecting free kicks but does little to no work up top, which is why we're bringing in Dykes, a younger, fitter and faster replacement 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I reckon we could easily get better players in. Apparently two signings done already to be announced 

Can see you guys looking at the Ayr players for free

Apart from Shanks who will end up doon south

Robbie Crawford already knocked back a SPL team

Declan McDade is ready for step up to

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297
Clarity

2 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Can see you guys looking at the Ayr players for free

Apart from Shanks who will end up doon south

Robbie Crawford already knocked back a SPL team

Declan McDade is ready for step up to

We're not looking at Championship players, we can't compete or get value for money so are looking at European league. Unless something for the right price comes up, surely we'd ask about Shankland but can't see it happening at all. Crawford is a shout but wages probably a stumbling block

Crawford won’t play ahead of the players we have  midfield. 

I think there’s something going on with Byrne , since he’s been sent off he’s started maybe 2-3 games max. He’s been one of our most valuable players this season up until his sending off and now he’s hardly playing at all. 

Was disappointed at end of the game

today that the players never came back out to thank the fans for this season. Would have been good to give Halkett and Gallacher a send off and maybe other players that might leave. Poor organisation imo 

13 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

Crawford won’t play ahead of the players we have  midfield. 

I think there’s something going on with Byrne , since he’s been sent off he’s started maybe 2-3 games max. He’s been one of our most valuable players this season up until his sending off and now he’s hardly playing at all. 

Was disappointed at end of the game

today that the players never came back out to thank the fans for this season. Would have been good to give Halkett and Gallacher a send off and maybe other players that might leave. Poor organisation imo 

Crawford could get a game anywhere outside the top four

Already turned down moves to SPL and England still only 24

Your classic holding player but can also operate effectively on the left off midfield 

39 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We're not looking at Championship players, we can't compete or get value for money so are looking at European league. Unless something for the right price comes up, surely we'd ask about Shankland but can't see it happening at all. Crawford is a shout but wages probably a stumbling block

Championship players worked last time its a good market

Lots off boys at a lot off different teams are free and could do a job

Ryan Williamson at Pars would be good if he dont go to Hibs or Bristol City Derby

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297
Clarity

43 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Championship players worked last time its a good market

Lots off boys at a lot off different teams are free and could do a job

Ryan Williamson at Pars would be good if he dont go to Hibs or Bristol City Derby

I think the explanation that was given was that average Championship teams for good players you were talking 1k+ p/w whereas our average is about 500-800. We can get internationalists i.e. Dolly Menga and Steve Lawson in on about 600 p/w whereas 1k p/w gets you the likes of Ziggy Gordon and Fraser Fyvie 

Episode 11 of TalkLivi is available to listen to now.

The boys get together for the usual chat, reviewing the Dundee game, previewing the Motherwell game, we talk legendary strikers, answer your questions and talk about league reconstruction.

This week we also features an exclusive interview with outgoing skipper Craig Halkett, plus much much more including interviews with Gary Holt and Alan Lithgow post Dundee match. 

iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/talk-livi/id1454431947?i=1000437872010

Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/episode/05BgcKbSDD3iReRVtPwhkI?context=spotify%3Ashow%3A5raRMu78Hnc78dCOGZyYbV&si=H5hHzSfhT3eoRzMXBUav7A

Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/user-799227038/talk-livi-episode-eleven

Website - TalkLiviPodcast.libsyn.com

Castbox - https://castbox.fm/vd/152888457

Let us know what you think 

22 hours ago, ATLIS said:

For what it's worth, this is who I'd let go of for next season (+ not get back on loan)

De Vita, Miller, Erskine, Lamie, Wylde, Hardie, Brown, Cadden, Crane, Knox and Blues - obviously with Halkett and Gallagher gone

Lamie, I think, would offer adequate enough cover at CB and LB and his early season form showed enough to warrant another season here at least. It's a bit harsh on De Vita given the injury he picked up and I still think he can offer something centrally off a striker, as he did towards the end of last season. He is absolutely finished as a wide man though and should be nowhere near the LWB slot, as yesterday perfectly displayed. 

Can't disagree with the rest. Had hoped Miller would offer something but I can't see him wanting to be a bit-part player behind Dykes and others.

1 hour ago, Afro said:

Lamie, I think, would offer adequate enough cover at CB and LB and his early season form showed enough to warrant another season here at least. It's a bit harsh on De Vita given the injury he picked up and I still think he can offer something centrally off a striker, as he did towards the end of last season. He is absolutely finished as a wide man though and should be nowhere near the LWB slot, as yesterday perfectly displayed. 

Can't disagree with the rest. Had hoped Miller would offer something but I can't see him wanting to be a bit-part player behind Dykes and others.

I think Lamie, possibly I'd maybe keep as cover but never first team. 

I think we need to look to the future and not get caught up, absolutely love Raffa but could the wage be used better elsewhere? Absolutely. Might work better as a CF but honestly can we gamble on it?

20 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

Very harsh to judge Rafa on yesterday game. He absolute deserves another year 

I've watched him in the reserves since he made his comeback, seems a lot slower and even at that level doesn't stand out too much. It's harsh but it's needed if we want to progress 

1 hour ago, Livilion28 said:

Doesn’t stand out at reserves? Give me a break! The reserves is totally different to playing with a first team. Very harsh 

Exactly, it's night and day. Which is why any players worth playing the first team stands out, i.e. Odoffin, Hamilton, Byrne, Hardie and even McMillan have stood out when they play there. Wylde, Knox, De Vita all haven't and seemed to fade away into those games being largely ineffective. 

If you're struggling to affect the game at that level then you should be nowhere near the first team, and rightly so

Is Hopkin’s style long ball or was that the one that just worked to get you lot out of the Championship? I’m not fussed either way if it means winning games but just wondering if he does actually have a preferred playing style and formation.