Livingston - all the threads merged

6 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

POTY - Halkett, YPOTY - Kelly.

Regardless of who wins, I will riot if the DJ doesn't play Grease Megamix at the awards ceremony. I need more of Steve Lawson and Dolly Menga dancing.

Agree 100%. 

Not just with the POTY picks, second bit too. 

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2019/04/26/livingston-boss-gary-holt-ready-to-go-global-in-talent-search-dolly-menga-steve-lawson-transfer-news/ 

Unsurprising but good to hear that we already have players coming in on trial for next season. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

20 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2019/04/26/livingston-boss-gary-holt-ready-to-go-global-in-talent-search-dolly-menga-steve-lawson-transfer-news/ 

Unsurprising but good to hear that we already have players coming in on trial for next season. 

Yea,  unsurprising that we are looking far and wide. Also, hopefully we can pick up more young Scottish players in the same circumstances as Kelly, Halkett... Scougall, McNulty and Griffiths etc.

Edited by crispy

Might be harder to get guys like Pittman, Byrne, Mullin, Lithgow etc, we got them and had the time to grow and form a, formidable bond while their talents also grew, at a much lower level, doubt that would've happened had we been in the Premiership at the time. We're more looking to have a finished article, with a bit of roughness to them that can be smoothed.

36 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Who the f**k listens to the sun ffs? 

Very true. Hope it’s false he’s been an unbelievable player over last few seasons, I have been thinking something has been going on with him not playing much lately when he was one the first names on team sheet not long ago. I hope Kelly extends his deal soon to as he goes into last year

1 minute ago, Livilion28 said:

Very true. Hope it’s false he’s been an unbelievable player over last few seasons, I have been thinking something has been going on with him not playing much lately when he was one the first names on team sheet not long ago. I hope Kelly extends his deal soon to as he goes into last year

Holt has always said as long as we win/play well the team will stay the same. It's a hard team to break into and after his suspension Shaun had some time out - still one of our best players

Byrne has done well this season but who does he replace at the moment in the midfield? Lawson has arguably been the best player in the side since Christmas, Jacobs has looked more than adept in this division and IMO Pittman is nigh-on undroppable. Given Lawson plays full-back at international level, he could maybe the solution there next season leaving space for Byrne at centre-half.

19 minutes ago, Afro said:

Byrne has done well this season but who does he replace at the moment in the midfield? Lawson has arguably been the best player in the side since Christmas, Jacobs has looked more than adept in this division and IMO Pittman is nigh-on undroppable. Given Lawson plays full-back at international level, he could maybe the solution there next season leaving space for Byrne at centre-half.

I'd like to see Lawson play more offensively, could play on the wing I think. Byrne is better than Jacobs without a doubt but Keags is the more aggressive of the pair in terms of ball recovery. Different players for different games, I'd say Byrne is more suited to games vs the top six where we sit in whereas Keags can be nippy vs bottom six

It’s a strange situation because I would have Keags and Shaun in team every week. Lawson has done well lately but he can maybe play wide. I think we need to try keep players like Byrne , he’s been one of the best players for us and has been a massive part of the team that got us to where we are just now. Keags Shaun and Pitts would be my main midfield 3 they’ve worked so well together. 

4 hours ago, Livilion28 said:

Looking like Byrne will be away in summer according to the sun , disappointed if true 

The article says we'd listen to offers rather than lose him for free...I agree with that approach. We've just lost two of our most bankable players for nothing and we aren't the kind of team that can afford to do that. If he signs an extension then fantastic...if not...lets get some coin for him and move on IMO

On this week Euan and I review the game at Hamilton.

Calum spoke to Alan Lithgow as they discussed the step from part time to full time, his move to Livi and the last few years at the club. 

We then spoke about all the leagues giving a run down on all the best results from yesterday. 

We had a chat about our best and worst kits and had a look at what we thought was ahead next season.  

We spoke livi legends, this week it was defenders who took centre stage. 

We answered your questions 

Finally we preview the St Johnstone game and give our predictions. 

You can find us on all podcasting sites, here’s a link for iTunes. 

iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/talk-livi/id1454431947?i=1000436713788

EF90F9EA-E022-4646-BC91-84FC298F6F07.jpeg

Edited by andylivi1