Livingston - all the threads merged

I daresay Byrne isn’t even a starter at the moment, so will be interesting to see if he can win his place back in the side. At the start of the season I thought he would’ve been a shoe-in, but there’s actually a few credible candidates in the side: Kelly, Lithgow, Byrne, Jacobs and Pittman.

49 minutes ago, Afro said:

I daresay Byrne isn’t even a starter at the moment, so will be interesting to see if he can win his place back in the side. At the start of the season I thought he would’ve been a shoe-in, but there’s actually a few credible candidates in the side: Kelly, Lithgow, Byrne, Jacobs and Pittman.

I wouldn’t say he isn’t a starter. He was arguably our best player at Celtic park behind Liam kelly. If he wasn’t sent off vs Dundee he would have played every game. Jacobs is a good shout to but he doesn’t play every game if there’s a game midweek and a weekend game 

1 hour ago, Livilion28 said:

I wouldn’t say he isn’t a starter. He was arguably our best player at Celtic park behind Liam kelly. If he wasn’t sent off vs Dundee he would have played every game. Jacobs is a good shout to but he doesn’t play every game if there’s a game midweek and a weekend game 

Agree that Byrne has had a spell on the sidelines because of that sending off. I thought he would get the nod for Celtic Park because his ball retention is good and he is up there with Robinson in winning ‘clever’ free kicks, IMO.   Keaghan isn’t in the team regular enough either so by process of elimination I guess Lithgow gets it? I don’t think we need to draw any more attention to Kelly as he is inspirational as it is and I expect he’ll bark orders regardless. ...Unless Byrne remains in the team now. Anyone’s guess! :lol:

Edited by crispy

8 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/season-tickets-2019-20/ 

Season ticket prices have been announced. £300 early bird rising to £325. Very good value. 

It’s would be great if we could reach the 3,000 mark again.

Also, from Holt, “Hopefully we can win on Saturday and that'll start a wee five-game unbeaten run. That is the challenge we have laid down to the players: can we go the rest of the campaign without defeat?

"That would end the season on a really good note.

“We have a chance to give one or two players a bit more game time and have a look at them. However, we won't make wholesale changes because it's not fair on the other teams in the bottom six. I wouldn't do that."

I’m hoping one of those players is Tiffoney - it would be good to see what he can do up top with a run. Wylde could do with some game time too.

Edited by crispy

31 minutes ago, crispy said:

It’s would be great if we could reach the 3,000 mark again.

Also, from Holt, “Hopefully we can win on Saturday and that'll start a wee five-game unbeaten run. That is the challenge we have laid down to the players: can we go the rest of the campaign without defeat?

"That would end the season on a really good note.

“We have a chance to give one or two players a bit more game time and have a look at them. However, we won't make wholesale changes because it's not fair on the other teams in the bottom six. I wouldn't do that."

I’m hoping one of those players is Tiffoney - it would be good to see what he can do up top with a run. Wylde could do with some game time too.

3000 mark ?

5 minutes ago, Munoz said:

3000 mark ?

Sorry, should’ve made that clearer. I’m sure we had 3,000 season ticket holders when we first made it into the SPL. I’ve questioned whether Livingston will support a top league team but those figures have given me a bit of hope.

Edited by crispy

6 minutes ago, crispy said:

Sorry, should’ve made that clearer. I’m sure we had 3,000 season ticket holders when we first made it into the SPL. I’ve questioned whether Livingston will support a top league team but those figures have given me a bit of hope.

Livi deserve a far greater support than you muster,  but surely 3k ST holders is a stretch too far ? 

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

Livi deserve a far greater support than you muster,  but surely 3k ST holders is a stretch too far ? 

Is it evident I’ve had a few pints? I should’ve said that it would be good if we could build back towards that over the next 3-5 years. No way do I expect that many ST for next season. Going forward, the town continues to grow and while a lot of people arrive in Livi with ‘the family team’ connection I’m hopeful we could top out at the 3,000 one day again.

6 hours ago, crispy said:

Is it evident I’ve had a few pints? I should’ve said that it would be good if we could build back towards that over the next 3-5 years. No way do I expect that many ST for next season. Going forward, the town continues to grow and while a lot of people arrive in Livi with ‘the family team’ connection I’m hopeful we could top out at the 3,000 one day again.

As someone who also clung onto hope that their season ticket sales would rocket with sustained success, I'd advise you not to get too hung up on that hope.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

As someone who also clung onto hope that their season ticket sales would rocket with sustained success, I'd advise you not to get too hung up on that hope.

Advice appreciated. I’m hoping for a gentle increase over coming seasons.

Episode 8 of Talk Livi is out now 

We hear from Gary Holt and Liam Kelly after the St Mirren defeat, the lads then review the game and discuss all the talking points. 

This week features an exclusive interview with outgoing CEO John Ward, it’s simply a must not miss. 

We talk about the departing Alex McLeish and who we think will replace him and lead the country to glory. 

We introduce our new feature, the livi legends 11, this week it’s goalkeepers. 

It’s then time for Talk Livi Question Time, the boys answer the questions put to us by you, our listeners. 

Finally we will preview the Hamilton game next week. 

Give us a listen and let us know what you think.  

iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/talk-livi/id1454431947#episodeGuid=2e886258f6ff4680a95f5f9639f7f500

Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/episode/1Pc4z5InN0EFZUMwLcMKfD?si=cFzm3T_OTjGZa-38_ZItUQ

Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/user-799227038/talklivi-episode-eight

Website - TalkLiviPodcast.Libsyn.com

Castbox - https://castbox.fm/vd/146865074

11 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Episode 8 of Talk Livi is out now 

We hear from Gary Holt and Liam Kelly after the St Mirren defeat, the lads then review the game and discuss all the talking points. 

This week features an exclusive interview with outgoing CEO John Ward, it’s simply a must not miss. 

We talk about the departing Alex McLeish and who we think will replace him and lead the country to glory. 

We introduce our new feature, the livi legends 11, this week it’s goalkeepers. 

It’s then time for Talk Livi Question Time, the boys answer the questions put to us by you, our listeners. 

Finally we will preview the Hamilton game next week. 

Give us a listen and let us know what you think.  

iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/talk-livi/id1454431947#episodeGuid=2e886258f6ff4680a95f5f9639f7f500

Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/episode/1Pc4z5InN0EFZUMwLcMKfD?si=cFzm3T_OTjGZa-38_ZItUQ

Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/user-799227038/talklivi-episode-eight

Website - TalkLiviPodcast.Libsyn.com

Castbox - https://castbox.fm/vd/146865074

Enjoyed it as always, particularly interesting hearing about Livi's finances and the behind the scenes from John Ward.

If memory serves me right it was Gus 'Jawbroken' Bahoken that broke Larsson's jaw. Rubio got Hartson a dull one in a game though, went off and got stitches, came back on and elbowed Rubio in the coupon as retaliation and got away with it. And big Marv injured Petrov in the mouth to make a Celtic  triple.

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Enjoyed it as always, particularly interesting hearing about Livi's finances and the behind the scenes from John Ward.

If memory serves me right it was Gus 'Jawbroken' Bahoken that broke Larsson's jaw. Rubio got Hartson a dull one in a game though, went off and got stitches, came back on and elbowed Rubio in the coupon as retaliation and got away with it. And big Marv injured Petrov in the mouth to make a Celtic  triple.

You’re right, it was Bahoken, big mans a legend simply because of that :lol:

4 hours ago, Livilion28 said:

Any news on players coming in or leaving? Haven’t heard any rumours at all about players coming in

Nothing has been decided or agreed, Holt said that the last few games are do or die for a few of the squad

2 hours ago, Livilion28 said:

Do or die for what players do you think? 

Would imagine those not playing as much like Wylde and Erskine. Wouldn't have a problem with those two getting some game time in the last few times. Still interested to see what Wylde is like in a 4-2-3-1 rather than as a wing back. 

Listening to that podcast with John Ward, it sounds like we'll very much be following the same mantra of what type of player we sign next season. I can absolutely see us taking a punt on the lad Henderson from Edinburgh City given we were apparently interested in January.

Would also like to see Wylde on the left of a 4-2-3-1, there must be something there. Craig Sibbald has also looked hopeless at times at LWB, let's not forget.