Livingston - all the threads merged

Budgets matter little in regards to how well we've done compared to teams with higher budgets, it's still about getting the right player in, but hopefully it gives us a wider range to choose from and we identify the player we need up front to get us more goals from strikers.

From what the St Johnstone fans are saying on their thread Watt isn't the player to get us goals anyway, we need someone to play off Dykes, not another Dykes/Lee Miller type that will provide that goal scoring striker. The likes of Pittman will also get a few from Dykes i'd imagine, but it would be good to have a striker getting the goals.

Halkett will be away too, which will be a big loss to our goal tally, he's been up there as our top scorer 2 seasons running. We'll need to get a target man for Lithgow's throw ins too, and another that picks up the flick ons, that wont be easy, we've had the Gallagher, Halkett, Lithgow show for 2 solid seasons and they knew one another inside out, a relationship like that will take time. Not just in defence either, we got a lot of goals from those 3 knowing exactly where each other would be at set pieces.

The good thing for us is that having secured our place for next season's Premiership, Martindale and Holt have tons of time to prepare, and will be targeting players just now knowing what they need. My biggest concern is keeping Kelly for another season, just glad McGregor is still Sevco's number one for at least another season.

50 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I think we might be off the bottom of that for next year unless it's United and County up. Reckon we'll have a bigger budget than Hamilton comfortably 

According to this, then they're paying ~40% more on average than we are: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/the-average-wage-paid-by-scottish-premiership-clubs-ranked-in-order-1-4880885

And in terms of prize money, there's every chance that we only finish one place above Accies, so we'd only get about 60k more. And our crowds aren't that much bigger.

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

I wouldn't rely on that site for financial information. Nowhere does 'Sporting Intelligence' explain how it works out player wages at, say, St Johnstone, when this information isn't even shared with the club's shareholders. The answer, I suspect, is that Sporting Intelligence guesses based on the club's total wage bill in its accounts, which often covers non-playing staff too. I imagine that's the same at Livingston.

And even from that guesswork, you then have to accept it further being sliced further into speculation by the site averaging this figure between those it terms 'first-team players'. Given that no group of supporters on here could agree on the size of their first team squad, I don't see how Sporting Intelligence do it.

Always disappoints me when these figures are repeated by newspapers without question.

Edited by Mr Heliums

20 hours ago, Hen Broon said:
20 hours ago, Widge said:

He’s way out your price range and I’d wager out of the range of any of the teams in the league who’d actually look at him. Suspect he’ll head off back down south.

His attitude stinks apparently. So best forget him.

Based on what?

Hes been superb for us, hasn't fallen out with anyone, gives the club great exposure on social media and has done some great things for charities over the past year.

19 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Definitely not out of our price range if we were/are paying Hardie 1.5k a week! He follows me on Twitter as well so I might just go ask him if he'll sign for us for a laugh :D

Hes apparently close to being our top earner, and its apparently one of the lowest wages hes had in football...

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

According to this, then they're paying ~40% more on average than we are: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/the-average-wage-paid-by-scottish-premiership-clubs-ranked-in-order-1-4880885

And in terms of prize money, there's every chance that we only finish one place above Accies, so we'd only get about 60k more. And our crowds aren't that much bigger.

7 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

I wouldn't rely on that site for financial information.

This. They take the annual salary figure from accounts, then just guess how many people that pays, and magic up an "average" from that.

I’d be stunned if we’re shelling out £1500 a week on anyone, even given the sharp rise in prize money this season compared to last that’d be some leap.

Watt’s attitude isn’t a question but his goalscoring record is, we’ll already have a forward doing the legwork next season in Dykes so I’m not sure how he’d fit in. Would gladly have him from the limited time I’ve seen him, but as always wages will burst us with that calibre of player.

Hamilton can afford to give generously to Nigerian princes so no surprises they can shell out megabucks on players. #DiddyAllianceFinancialAdvice

Jack Hamilton scoring for Alloa tonight helps Failkirk fall back to the bottom of the championship. Can Alloa and Partick please win every game for the rest of the season to keep them there?
That would be fuckin brilliant.

12 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Jack Hamilton scoring for Alloa tonight helps Failkirk fall back to the bottom of the championship. Can Alloa and Partick please win every game for the rest of the season to keep them there?
That would be fuckin brilliant.

Would be amazing to see Falkirk go down due to their fans thinking because there is a lot of them that should make their team brilliant!!! Jack coming on and scoring the winner for Alloa really shows how much potential is there considering he is only 18, will be interesting to see how his progress goes. What’s happening with Matthew Knox has he been recalled from Berwick as I haven’t noticed him in their squads? Next year going to be very interesting with Gallagher Halkett and Hardie leaving, does anyone know what is happening with Robinson? Delighted Kelly is still contracted for next season or he’d almost definitely be away aswell, there was talk of Rangers having a buy back clause on him and someone wrote previously wrote about a very small release figure ? I’d find this hard to believe. The club have got us here so I’ve got every faith in them to keep us in the premier league next season.

Knox was on trial in America for a bit. Hes been playing for our reserves on and off. Likely his attitude keeping him out of the Berwick squad.
Robinsons contract extension is likely to have been triggered by now.
Doubt theres any concerns about Kelly's contract. I'd like to see it extended if possible however.

Would be amazing to see Falkirk go down due to their fans thinking because there is a lot of them that should make their team brilliant!!! Jack coming on and scoring the winner for Alloa really shows how much potential is there considering he is only 18, will be interesting to see how his progress goes. What’s happening with Matthew Knox has he been recalled from Berwick as I haven’t noticed him in their squads? Next year going to be very interesting with Gallagher Halkett and Hardie leaving, does anyone know what is happening with Robinson? Delighted Kelly is still contracted for next season or he’d almost definitely be away aswell, there was talk of Rangers having a buy back clause on him and someone wrote previously wrote about a very small release figure ? I’d find this hard to believe. The club have got us here so I’ve got every faith in them to keep us in the premier league next season.
Knox's loan has been terminated according to the daily record. He wasn't getting game time

30 minutes ago, David W said:

I saw one of Knox's games at Berwick; he was completely out of his depth. Physically he just wasn't up to it. Looked like a wee lost boy in amongst a sea of absolute dross. 

A real shame this, in hindsight it would probably have been better to take the money for him when Gers came calling, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Great news about Robinson if that’s the case with him, would this be something the club would announce? Would like to see Lithgow rewarded with a new contract, his consistency for the past 3 season has been brilliant. I don’t expect there to be any issues with Kelly, I agree an extension would be great business. When are we expecting Gallaghers situation to be announced with regards to him staying or leaving? Still holding on to him staying.

1 hour ago, Livisteve72 said:

does anyone know what is happening with Robinson? 

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

Robinsons contract extension is likely to have been triggered by now.

Think he said on Andy's podcast that he's played enough games and it's just a case of sorting it out with the club, he wants to stay so shouldn't be an issue and I imagine we'll get an announcement whenever it's sorted. 

According the article Hooch mentioned (Seeing a monthly DR article about Knox that mentions his trial at Man Utd and has a picture of him in Rangers gear is one of the things I won't miss about him moving on), Knox is possibly signing for a team in Sweden's lower leagues.

There’s an article online in which the Berwick manager says that Know was well liked but that they simply didn’t have possession enough for him to shine.

His circumstances sound like  the kind we usually sign players in I.e. unrealised potential, lost way, young...

Funny how it's always the same paper talking about Knox, coincidentally the same one his family are involved with :D If he leaves we're due compensation anyway and given his 'hype' we'd probably hoover up 20-100k just due to how much Rangers offered in the past

Robbo has already hit the clause in his contract for an automatic renewal, was just sorting out details but was 100% certain he’d be at the club next season. 

As for Knox I’ve saw him many times in the reserves and he’s never stood out, the lad obviously has potential but it’s just not working out. I always look back at the scougalls and the McNultys etc playing at 16, 17 and making a difference, if Knox was good enough he’d be in the team by now. I’ve seen more from the lad Craig Henderson that excites me. 

Good luck to Knoxy, I hope it works out for him but I can’t imagine he’ll be at Livi beyond this season. 

Wonder if we've got the players names to do this on our team sheet for our game against Dundee.:lol:

More

Here's the teamsheet for tonight's game and we are absolutely furious because Sydenham have fielded their players to spell out "SRFC ARE SHIT". We know this for a fact because Dane Francis, a striker, is wearing number 3. Hope the league committee throw the book at them for this.

D3uxoVIWkAEuvgN.jpg:large

52 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Robbo has already hit the clause in his contract for an automatic renewal, was just sorting out details but was 100% certain he’d be at the club next season. 

As for Knox I’ve saw him many times in the reserves and he’s never stood out, the lad obviously has potential but it’s just not working out. I always look back at the scougalls and the McNultys etc playing at 16, 17 and making a difference, if Knox was good enough he’d be in the team by now. I’ve seen more from the lad Craig Henderson that excites me. 

Good luck to Knoxy, I hope it works out for him but I can’t imagine he’ll be at Livi beyond this season. 

Too much showboating with the stepovers when I last saw him, and defenders just stood off him waiting for the chance to brush him aside or knock him on his arse. Snoddy had his faults at that age too, but by feck he had talent, not seeing that kind of talent from Knox though.

Yeah Henderson has been making good progress, him and Hamilton have shown much more progress than Knox.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Gallagher to Motherwell is now official, that’s a real blow truth be told. Halkett was expected but I’d have hoped we’d have done enough to have convinced DG to stay.

Will be weird seeing him line up for another side after so long with us but I wish him well (no pun intended).

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I don't grudge the guys their moves but it feels like such a kick in the stones that we've lost 2 of our most bankable stars for free.

Would you have got much money for Gallagher? He's 28, has spent most of his career in the lower leagues and is of somewhat questionable character.