Livingston - all the threads merged

32 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Alan said:

And what a shite move that is for Halkett btw. So disappointed he’s going to them. He could’ve earned the same money and tested himself in England. He ought to give his agent the sack, absolutely gutted.

Or he could continue to progress alongside other good central defenders, play at a far bigger club with more pressure, get himself into the Scotland set up and  then potentially earn himself an even bigger move.

Disappointing to lose Halkett but being realistic it was inevitable, Gallagher wasn’t as expected as much but if it’s a move that benefits him then why shouldn’t us as fans be delighted for these players when they’ve gave us so much to cheer about for the past 2 years?  If we are a selling club that’s great but we aren’t selling these players they are going on a free, does that concern others?

That’s 2 of our key players leaving on a free and that’s slightly concerning for me, how do we stop that happening with others? Who could we sell for any sort of money though? Byrne, Pittman are the only 2 outfielders that spring to mind albeit Byrne is 25 and Pittman 26? Kelly getting a lot of people wanting him to be in the Scotland squad so shouldn’t we be looking to tie him down to save the same thing happening with him whenever his contract is up as I would imagine other teams will be keeping a very close eye on him. 

I’ve got no doubts we will surprise everyone again next season, Halkett and Gallagher leaving we will again be auto favourites to go down but I think we could have a very similar season next as to the one we are having now. 

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Or he could continue to progress alongside other good central defenders, play at a far bigger club with more pressure, get himself into the Scotland set up and  then potentially earn himself an even bigger move.

Would rather he went to Hearts than back to Sevco anyway.

Think he'll wait to weigh up his options before signing officially for any club though, meant to be some English clubs after him too.

19 hours ago, Ayia Napa Alan said:

There is no top 6 - we still have Aberdeen and Celtic to play away from home and we’re already too far behind Hibs.

I’ve already said take Gallagher out as well - we need to plan for next season, there’s a strong possibility Brown will be here and need to take a look at Odoffin as well. Don’t get the backline sorted for next season and we’re in real trouble.

Let’s get Lithgow on a new deal too - can’t allow ourselves to let our best players leave for nothing when they’ve been here and developed for 4/5 years. Absolutely mad from a business point of view.

Hibs have Motherwell (H), us away, Killie (H) and Hearts (A), none of those are easy games and they could easily drop points in any of them. Very tough game against Aberdeen but if we could get a win there and Motherwell take something against Hibs it would put us back in the running for a top 6 place. I don't think the board would be too chuffed if Holt just threw in the towel when our next 2 games could change everything.

Kelly called up to the Scotland squad this afternoon. Richly deserved, he's made more than a few fans (myself included) eat humble pie this year. Hope he's here next year but today will add a wee bit more on any fee we'd be looking for come the summer.

Kelly called up to the Scotland squad this afternoon. Richly deserved, he's made more than a few fans (myself included) eat humble pie this year. Hope he's here next year but today will add a wee bit more on any fee we'd be looking for come the summer.
Excellent news and well deserved...would it be wrong to hope for the other keepers to pick up knocks? [emoji16]

We've had some cracking GK's at Livi, Alexander x2, Brotto, and now Kelly, McKenzie was no bad too. Oh and Douglas way back at the start too.

Congrats on a well deserved Scotland call up to Kelly.:guinness
We've had to endure some proper howlers too though [emoji23]

4 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

We've had to endure some proper howlers too though emoji23.png

Aye andy is covering that on his podcast. :lol:

Still think he was harsh on Bullock, once he settled down from his mad rushes of blood running outside his box he was a decent keeper for us. Thought he was the best keeper we've had for kicking the ball out since Brotto too. kept it low and was really accurate..

Aye andy is covering that on his podcast. [emoji38]
Still think he was harsh on Bullock, once he settled down from his mad rushes of blood running outside his box he was a decent keeper for us. Thought he was the best keeper we've had for kicking the ball out since Brotto too. kept it low and was really accurate..
Must agree that Bullock's kicking was fantastic, shame he was a bombscare in goals though. If we can hold onto Kelly for a few more years we could be looking at another Livi legend and possibly the best ever Livi keeper

Got to say big Ciaran Brown looks suspect at left back for me. Not got the pace to prevent crosses coming in. Not his fault as he is a CB but it be great to have Lamie back. Lamie is solid going forward as well....

Got to say big Ciaran Brown looks suspect at left back for me. Not got the pace to prevent crosses coming in. Not his fault as he is a CB but it be great to have Lamie back. Lamie is solid going forward as well....
Think he's a been decent replacement but certainly not as good as Lamie in that role. Aiya Napa seems to think brown will be here next season and I'd be happy for him to stay as he seems a solid replacement for Halkett's impending departure

Think he's a been decent replacement but certainly not as good as Lamie in that role. Aiya Napa seems to think brown will be here next season and I'd be happy for him to stay as he seems a solid replacement for Halkett's impending departure

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye andy is covering that on his podcast. :lol:

That part of the podcast has been the most enjoyable to do actually, all about opinions at the end of the day which is why we put it out to a vote. 

Ludo Roy was the overall winner for the goalkeeper position, personally I’d have went for Bullock but democracy rules unless it’s about Brexit :P

21 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

democracy rules unless it’s about Brexit :P

IMG_1335.jpg.8cd45bcbc36ec6a03b354a568fcf3e6f.jpg.61e96bab686fd09fb4d5f58d49ad7141.jpg

Delighted for Liam Kelly, shame he won't play because Bain is at Celtic but should be a good experience for him nonetheless.

Edited by LiviLion

Episode Five of Talk Livi is out now...

On this weeks podcast we review the Aberdeen game. 

We have an exclusive interview with Livi forward Scott Robinson, who chats to us about his early career, which Livi favourite he started out with, his time at Hearts, Killie, East Fife and his move to Livi, and he gives us an update on his contract situation. 

We give our reaction to the Scotland sqaud as Liam Kelly is announced during the show. 

It was the 15 year anniversary of our famous league cup win last week. We reminisce about that great day. 

Our feature discussing livi duds 11 continues, we announce who you chose as your midfielders and talk Strikers. 

We answer the questions put to us by you, our listeners.

I talk to Hibs fan Scott Judge who helps preview our next game after the international break, we also spoke about the Hamilton game and give our predictions for both those games. 

You can find us on all good podcasting sites, with links below to just some...

iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/talk-livi/id1454431947?mt=2#episodeGuid=adbc19c7eff74797bf25fe4d21a9a9ce

Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/episode/5xk19vrIUIU1UDOYqxoVSe?si=pzEmX2pyTEmaM5Rv36sV0A

Website - http://TalkLiviPodcast.libsyn.com

Castbox - https://castbox.fm/vd/136922455

Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/user-799227038/talklivi-episode-five

*Sadly and annoyingly the audio during the Robbo interview failed on us again so we had to use the back up version which again isn’t brilliant but is listenable, we are working on the issue, apologies in advance. 

Let us know what you think about episode five, cheers. 

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 16:01, Tony Wonder said:

ha ha a bigger club that hasn't beaten the mighty Livi in the league this year :D #lol