• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
TheDoctor

Livingston - all the threads merged

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're being linked with Declan Gallagher fwiw

Old news Random.Livi fans were talking about this three weeks ago.They were saying that both Saints and Motherwell were trying to sign him..It was also suggested that we had offered cash to sign him during the window but I take that with a pinch of salt 

Sometimes think we sh1t it a bit and don't give ourselves enough credit - need to look for a pass a bit more than smash it up the park. We've got players who are good enough. Rate Lawson and Odoffin (?). Look good players. Shame Tiffoney and big Menga missed out yesterday. Tiffoney looks like we can create something. Big game at home v Dundee. Gonna be a tough game. They are much better than they were 2 months ago!

13 hours ago, orco said:

Maybe name one of the stands after him. 

When you think of some of the bampots he'd have had to deal with as our chairmen went from sublime to ridiculous (or Flynn to Massone) - he deserves to have the entire ground named after him.

RIP sir

Edited by Durnford

Expecting Gallagher to sign his contract with Motherwell early next week.
A little mixed about it. Reasonable player but not sure he is better than what we have.

Hmm... Bigger club and I'm sure he's getting bigger wages but for me, it would leave a bit of a bad taste. We picked him up despite his overhanging court case and then re-signed him immediately after he got out of jail. 

I'm sure he'll say he's shown enough loyalty but with the likely exit of Halkett, I think he could have stayed a further year.

He will improve Motherwell's centre half options, without question.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Hmm... Bigger club and I'm sure he's getting bigger wages but for me, it would leave a bit of a bad taste. We picked him up despite his overhanging court case and then re-signed him immediately after he got out of jail. 
I'm sure he'll say he's shown enough loyalty but with the likely exit of Halkett, I think he could have stayed a further year.
He will improve Motherwell's centre half options, without question.

With us likely to lose Aldred in the summer (his loan deal finishing) he could be seen as a replacement for him.
The deal should be signed on Tuesday.

Disappointing, but not surprising. He's good enough to play for a bigger team - IMO Halkett, Jacobs & Gallagher have been our best players this season. I don't doubt that he'll become a starter and be a great signing for Well. 

37 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Disappointing, but not surprising. He's good enough to play for a bigger team - IMO Halkett, Jacobs & Gallagher have been our best players this season. I don't doubt that he'll become a starter and be a great signing for Well. 

Heard that the offer is on the table but nothing more, he has other offers and nothing is accepted and agreed yet

Heard that the offer is on the table but nothing more, he has other offers and nothing is accepted and agreed yet

It’s pretty much a done deal with St. Johnstone.

FWIW, he’d be a useful addition to any side in this division outside the two c***s from Glasgow. If it is Motherwell, he’s undoubtedly make them a better side, and he would fit in quite nicely with their attacking ethos, as well as being able to participate in some top shithousing.

If he does go, it’ll be with my best wishes, but as above, I’d have been hopeful he’d have stayed another year at least given what happened previously. Can’t argue with making a decent wedge while you can, though.

He seems to come with some baggage for sure. And I can understand Livi fans POV when standing by him given his background and well documented challenges. 

He also seems quite highly rated and therefore looks like he would be a good addition if he signed.

If he signs for St Johnstone, then that would be continuing a theme of them beating us to the likes of Tony Watt and MOH. Clearly paying higher wages. I mean why else would any player want to sign for St J over the mighty Motherwell :-)

He's a good player and has repaid the loyalty we showed him including staying with us when we went down to division one and signing new contracts despite reported lucrative offers elsewhere.

That being said I do feel he's reached a bit of a plateau and, with other good players coming in, I imagine he'd end up being challenged particularly if we ended up going for a flat four at the back.

He does tend to get some bad press but he does what he does well; in the first game against the rangers he got elbowed in the face by Morelos about half a dozen times but didn't let that shake him; he didn't roll around on the floor greetin' he just  continued what he was doing. He plays a lot better in a three centre-backs setting than he did when we played two central defenders and two backs.

Offers a lot of attacking options as well. 

Would be happy for him to stay but wouldn't begrudge him a move either if that's what he wanted. Not a fan of Pre-Contract Agreements though; seem pointless and have no contractual basis in Scotland, as far as I understand, but can negatively impact on someone's performance.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

If he signs for St Johnstone, then that would be continuing a theme of them beating us to the likes of Tony Watt and MOH. Clearly paying higher wages. I mean why else would any player want to sign for St J over the mighty Motherwell :-)

You forget the two that actually turned down more money with you...

Image result for dave mackay and murray davidson

Best £50k Saints ever spent.

Would be a loss , could be the start of our players possibly leaving in the summer! Would be surprised if we have tried to keep Dec and Halkett. We still have kelly Pittman and Byrne under contract? What about Jacobs? 

Is Gallagher suspended for the Dundee game?

Sure I read he was a booking away from a suspension a wee while back, and he was booked against Hearts.

Is Gallagher suspended for the Dundee game?

Sure I read he was a booking away from a suspension a wee while back, and he was booked against Hearts.
Think the booking points reset after the winter break

1 hour ago, Livilion28 said:

Would be a loss , could be the start of our players possibly leaving in the summer! Would be surprised if we have tried to keep Dec and Halkett. We still have kelly Pittman and Byrne under contract? What about Jacobs? 

Only players out of contract afaik are Dec and Halkett. Jacobs has an extension clause as does Robinson. Byrne has another year

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Only players out of contract afaik are Dec and Halkett. Jacobs has an extension clause as does Robinson. Byrne has another year

Think Lawless and Miller are up at the end of the season as well as Robinson but we have an option to extend his.