Livingston - all the threads merged

2 hours ago, Estragon said:

To what extent would you guys say the credit is split between him and Martindale for the club's resurgence in the last couple of years?

Or between Gary Holt and Martindale for the great league performance this season? 

The continuity from last season is def down to Martindale, he made the signings him and Hoppy had targeted in the pre season when we were left managerless, and kept things ticking over nicely leading up to our pre season training.

Neither Hoppy or Holt look like shrinking violets that would just stand about being told what to do though, so credit has to go to both of them as well. Miller coming in at the start of the season showed how it could all have turned to shite with the wrong guy in charge, messing around with team selection and tactics.

Hope you guys don’t mind me posting this on here, episode 2 of our podcast TalkLivi is now online...

We hear from Gary Holt and Chris Erskine, Talk the Killie result, we also interview Derek White, Livingston SLO, talk Livi duds, starting with goalkeepers this week. I also speak to Kyle Gunn, St Mirren fan and we we preview the St Mirren game next weekend. 

Let me know what you think, we are obviously complete novices so any feedback will be taken on board. 

37 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Listened, it was pretty good, you guys are doing a good job! I skipped the bit with the St Mirren fan as there was a massive dip in sound quality there, but other than that it was decent. Keep it up!

Thanks for listening and for the feed back, it’s greatly appreciated.

Understand where you are coming from with the interview, i was disappointed with the audio, wanted to put it in though as Kyle was really keen to come on, Kyle has a speech impediment, but it’s great credit to him that he volunteered to come on and not let it hold him back. 

Edited by andylivi1

36 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

It's a travesty that Colin Stewart will be knocked out in the first round of the twitter polls. Definitely the most consistent clownshoes keeper I can remember.

:lol::lol::lol:

Plenty time for things to change but people probably voting for Ludo on the back of the goal he lost to secure our relegation. 

To start with Bullock was needing a bungee rope tied to his waste anchored to one of the goal posts to keep him from running outside his box, but once he settled down he was a decent keeper for us though, good shot stopper and the best kicker since Broto,

Liam Kelly has been excellent for us this season but in League One he chucked 2 into his own net and the one this season against Sevco was also in that category.

Can't think of any redeeming features with Stewart, total bombscare of a keeper.

Cole has to be mentioned once we get to outfield players,  the Raith away game was prob the one he broke the camel's back with his selling goals pish defending.

I've got a vague memory of a keeper called El Had who came in on trial, played about 3 games for us and was utterly terrifying in each and every one of them. I think he attempted to tip the ball over the bar twice, and each time palmed it onto the bar and it bounced back into play and caused chaos. He never signed for us though - googles not turned anything up but I swear he existed.

Bullock wasn't that bad in the end, but had an atrocious start. Martini wasn't too awful either. Has to be Ludo Roy for putting the ball in the net off his face.

Holt talking about our upcoming game and the players who are close to returning from injuries, finishing off having a wee dig at the precious players complaining about our pitch. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-boss-eyeing-only-three-14071370

He added: “We also have one or two niggles but that’s just part of football. Everyone is desperate to play, which speaks volumes about this club.

“If I asked folk to come and see me if they didn’t want to play then nobody would do it – that’s not always the case at other clubs.”

:lol:

Goan yerself Holty. :thumsup2