Livingston - all the threads merged

10 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

It’s a done deal, was down at the stadium getting tickets for Hearts and Dykes appeared, local press and photographer down too. 

Good signing.

Good inside info!!! Lets hope he's up to the job!

Good inside info!!! Lets hope he's up to the job!
I doubt it'll be extended highlights as we weren't playing one of the Bigot Brothers but he had an excellent game last night. Sportscene is on at 2245 to have a look at him. Our game Vs Aberdeen is televised in a couple of weeks time so you'll be able to have a look at him then.

Saw it posted on the QoS thread but, team is down 6-1 and they bring on Lyndon Dykes who scores 4 and they win 8-6 :D

Here's hoping he's more Stuart Lovell than Jacob Esposito in terms of Australians at Livi :D 

Edited by ATLIS

It's good that we appear to be an attractive platform for young(ish) players. Dykes sounds like he'll give us a bit of physicality up top.

As an aside, and a general non-Livi moan, cannae be doin' with this buying tickets for away games from the stadium stuff. I don't live local enough to pop down on a lunch break. Any idea if the club shop/reception ever opens on an away match day? I could swing in before travelling to Motherwell, and grab the Tynecastle ticket, too. Otherwise I'll have to convince someone to start buying tickets for me and then handing them over outside the turnstile ... which might defeat the purpose but at least the away ground would know to expect me :lol:

The top flight of Scottish football seems to be behind other large scale scale events where you can produce an e-ticket and have been able to for years. Doesn't help the casual looking to take a punt on a Saturday... Moan over.

3 minutes ago, crispy said:

As an aside, and a general non-Livi moan, cannae be doin' with this buying tickets for away games from the stadium stuff. I don't live local enough to pop down on a lunch break. Any idea if the club shop/reception ever opens on an away match day? I could swing in before travelling to Motherwell, and grab the Tynecastle ticket, too. Otherwise I'll have to convince someone to start buying tickets for me and then handing them over outside the turnstile ... which might defeat the purpose but at least the away ground would know to expect me :lol:

The top flight of Scottish football seems to be behind other large scale scale events where you can produce an e-ticket and have been able to for years. Doesn't help the casual looking to take a punt on a Saturday... Moan over.

They have posted tickets for me in the past.

9 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

They have posted tickets for me in the past.

Ah, I like it; I'll definitely be following that up. Wouldn't it be amazing if we could 'load' away tickets on to our season ticket cards and then get them scanned at the far end??

Signing announced - Hakeen Odoffin (20) on a free from Northhampton. RWB/RB/RCB.

Edited by crispy

Ah, I like it; I'll definitely be following that up. Wouldn't it be amazing if we could 'load' away tickets on to our season ticket cards and then get them scanned at the far end??
Signing announced - Hakeen Odoffin (20) on a free from Northhampton. RWB/RB/RCB.
The club has now officially stopped posting tickets.

Dykes confirmed. Apparently signed now and is back on loan to Queens for the rest of the season.

A weird call given we’re a bit light up top at the moment. Not sure Miller will get back to full fitness and it’s unfair rushing De Vita back.

5 minutes ago, Afro said:

Dykes confirmed. Apparently signed now and is back on loan to Queens for the rest of the season.

A weird call given we’re a bit light up top at the moment. Not sure Miller will get back to full fitness and it’s unfair rushing De Vita back.

I think with the teams mentioned that had been chasing him this was going to be the only way of  securing his signature. 

6 minutes ago, Afro said:

There's no way we'd have agreed to a deal that meant losing him now. I think our board have done well here, even if the fee is only a few grand, it's good to get something for a player who was always going to leave for nothing in the summer, and still keep him until then!

On paper we've conducted some really good business in this window. Promising talents and experienced heads in whilst loaning out youngsters for game time. 

I really hope the club are doing all they can to get Lawless, Halkett and Gallagher to sign new deals. 

I like the fact we're confident enough about staying up we're mentioning how Dykes will be playing with us in the Premiership next season.

We think we can make him better, and playing against Premiership opposition on a weekly basis can only aid that.

. Cocky b*****ds that we are.:lol:

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I like the fact we're confident enough about staying up we're mentioning how Dykes will be playing with us in the Premiership next season.

. Cocky b*****ds that we are.:lol:

Haha, I think Holt also said he’d be ‘trying to help us stay in the Premiership’, too? 

It still feels like we are on the upward curve. I also think it’s really interesting to hear how long we have been following a player; Some are 12/18 months.

5 minutes ago, crispy said:

Haha, I think Holt also said he’d be ‘trying to help us stay in the Premiership’, too? 

It still feels like we are on the upward curve. I also think it’s really interesting to hear how long we have been following a player; Some are 12/18 months.

Yeah must've been targets while Hoppy was still here last season, and Martindale and Holt are working together well enough to agree on these targets. Doubt very much Kenny Miller was of the same mind, Holt is def the right guy to continue where Hoppy left off. If it aint broken don't fix it.

Being in the Premiership def helps us too, financially being able to offer more as well as attracting the players into top flight football. I think Dykes is impressed with how we play, and thinks he'll fit right in with that type of hard working graft we demand from the players.