Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Seen a few stories about us talking to Rangers to extend Hardie's loan to the end of the season but the original announcement on the club site stated it was a full season loan.

It's definitely season long loan, and as has been mentioned before. We would need to agree for it to be terminated early which I can't see happening

Lost all the remaining sympathy I had for the boy after his sending off at the reserves game. Lost the head and got sent off since he couldn't shut up and then storms out the stadium. 

Lost cause defined to a tee.
Was apparently waiting for the ref by the refs car after the game....
Same ref we had on Saturday there....

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

It's definitely season long loan, and as has been mentioned before. We would need to agree for it to be terminated early which I can't see happening

Yeah I went onto our OS and looked back through the older announcements and it's def a season long loan up on there when we signed Hardie, dunno what all this 6 months pish is about. Must be ill informed media drivel.

11 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah I went onto our OS and looked back through the older announcements and it's def a season long loan up on there when we signed Hardie, dunno what all this 6 months pish is about. Must be ill informed media drivel.

Definitely is, he's signed up and we can 'defy' Rangers and just keep him until EOS if we really wanted to. 

13 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Was apparently waiting for the ref by the refs car after the game....
Same ref we had on Saturday there....

Yup, he's honestly still young but he's walking the line before he gets punted to Forfar or someone and sticks about in the lower leagues for the rest of his career 

Given that o’Dea was on the floor there’s a case to say Hamilton was helping him up.

Positive article featuring Shaun Byrne in the DR today. It’s really nice to hear from the players on the 30 point haul: both pleased at the haul but realising we have been competitive with the biggest teams. Just imagine we add a couple of extra players in Jan!

Given that o’Dea was on the floor there’s a case to say Hamilton was helping him up.
Positive article featuring Shaun Byrne in the DR today. It’s really nice to hear from the players on the 30 point haul: both pleased at the haul but realising we have been competitive with the biggest teams. Just imagine we add a couple of extra players in Jan!
Worried with the articles with Hardie basically saying the deal was only till January. We need to keep him till end of this season and offer him terms for at least 2 seasons after this one. We surely have a bit of cash with some more coming in from games/staying up and of course our successes of last year along with potential players leaving in January.

Worried with the articles with Hardie basically saying the deal was only till January. We need to keep him till end of this season and offer him terms for at least 2 seasons after this one. We surely have a bit of cash with some more coming in from games/staying up and of course our successes of last year along with potential players leaving in January.

I’m sure it was mentioned previously but Hardie’s current Rangers deal sees him on £1.8k/week - granted, Livi aren’t covering all of that at the moment, but I’d be shocked if it was anywhere near a half of that figure. If he continues to rattle them in, I’m sure he’ll have more attractive proportions from elsewhere in this league and down south. Even if Rangers don’t fancy keeping him, offering him a new deal would mean a compo fee would be required by his next club - even given the money we are bringing in this year, we’d be well out of contention I would say.

I’ll enjoy his contribution whilst he’s here for the rest of the year but the focus for GH and DM must be to get another player of that mould in for next season at the latest.

22 minutes ago, Afro said:

I’m sure it was mentioned previously but Hardie’s current Rangers deal sees him on £1.8k/week - granted, Livi aren’t covering all of that at the moment, but I’d be shocked if it was anywhere near a half of that figure. If he continues to rattle them in, I’m sure he’ll have more attractive proportions from elsewhere in this league and down south. Even if Rangers don’t fancy keeping him, offering him a new deal would mean a compo fee would be required by his next club - even given the money we are bringing in this year, we’d be well out of contention I would say.

I’ll enjoy his contribution whilst he’s here for the rest of the year but the focus for GH and DM must be to get another player of that mould in for next season at the latest.

The good thing is we got most of our points without Hardie playing, he's been a big miss to our attack but we've managed to win promotion through the play offs and as good as secured our safety in the top flight without Hardie playing. As good as it would be to have someone of his scoring prowess playing up front we've proven we can manage quite well without it, that is some unbelievable achievement by the management team assembling a squad like this.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 hours ago, Afro said:

Good post. For me, the only chance of him signing with us would be if we offer them a swap deal for Halkett and get the deal done this month.

Any dead wait that we can cut to make room for some new lads? Saunders? Although dont think he's been given much of a chance tbh. Played under Kenny and was pretty poor (as the whole team were) when trying to play a different way. We seemed to sign quiet a lot in the summer who have not featured or gone out on loan. Only regular starters from new lads been Kelly and Menga....

Any dead wait that we can cut to make room for some new lads? Saunders? Although dont think he's been given much of a chance tbh. Played under Kenny and was pretty poor (as the whole team were) when trying to play a different way. We seemed to sign quiet a lot in the summer who have not featured or gone out on loan. Only regular starters from new lads been Kelly and Menga....
Tiffoney is due back this month. Scored a couple of goals for Morton in recent times.
Callum Crane I'm sure is due back as well at the right time as I really think we need cover for the LWB role.

The only player I can honestly say we should really dump is Knox. He's not shown anything to suggest he should even be anywhere near our reserve team. Seems to be a trouble maker nowadays and we need to get rid asap.
Saunders is worth keeping around due to his experience. From what I could tell, we were playing him as a right back in the initial games he did play so maybe the excuse could be he was played out of position.
Lawson is a weird one but maybe a diamond in the rough, just needing the right tutoring.

Wouldn't surprise me if Saunders leaves permanently or on loan. There a lot of Championship teams that he could do a job for and I don't think there is much benefit for him or us in him just playing reserve football.  McMillan/De Vita covers right-back, van Schaik centre-back, Cadden/Crane/Burns left-back.

I believe Saunders has been told he’s free to find another club, probably end up back at TNS, that’s just me guessing though. 

Wouldnt surprise me to see Crane allowed to leave permanently aswell to free up some money to allow players to come in. 

I believe we have/had atleast 2 players on trial, Lionel Ainsworth and Nathan Oduwa, not sure if they are still with the squad. 

Edited by andylivi1

Lionel Ainsworth - he’s certainly been around. I wonder if this kind of experienced player is being sought to bring the ‘cuteness’ (read, IMO: cheating) that it’s sometimes said that we need to show.

Nathan Oduwa - some record representing England at all those youth levels. 

Would be really interesting to hear the views of  fans from Motherwell and Rangers, respectively.

For me the least secure players in the squad are simply those are not regular starters: Saunders, Lawson, Burns. Feels a bit mean being critical when we’ve been flying!

Edited by crispy