Livingston - all the threads merged

33 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Wasvhe not offered a trial with the B team and turned it down? Or was that just shite?

He said himself a while back that it wasn't true. Something along the lines of "You'd have to be mad to turn down a trial at Barcelona."

1 hour ago, Livilion28 said:

All I’ve been seeing lately is our team can lose players in January. What sort of teams do you think will be in for our top players? I seen John ward saying our top players deserve a life changing contract elsewhere. Quite worried 

Do you disagree? Bearing in mind the only notable loss in the summer was Mullin, I'm fairly confident the managerial staff and board can do enough to convince a few of the major players to commit their future a while longer and get the fees we deserve. And even at that, our recruitment hasn't been shabby at all and I'd say most of the players we've brought in, if not all, have bought into the ethos the original group got us promoted on.

No doubt the majority of these players deserve contracts which will far exceed what we are capable of, particularly given there are far worse players down south in particular who are raking it in for comparatively minimal effort. I'm hopeful we'll eek out the true value of these players not cede to the first six figure bid that tumbles in.

Do you disagree? Bearing in mind the only notable loss in the summer was Mullin, I'm fairly confident the managerial staff and board can do enough to convince a few of the major players to commit their future a while longer and get the fees we deserve. And even at that, our recruitment hasn't been shabby at all and I'd say most of the players we've brought in, if not all, have bought into the ethos the original group got us promoted on.
No doubt the majority of these players deserve contracts which will far exceed what we are capable of, particularly given there are far worse players down south in particular who are raking it in for comparatively minimal effort. I'm hopeful we'll eek out the true value of these players not cede to the first six figure bid that tumbles in.
Wonder if we'll see the transfer record beat with this current crop

21 minutes ago, Afro said:

I don’t disagree at all I think they deserve to go and double or treble the wages that they are probably on.  As u say I hope we can maybe keep them 

20 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

What is the transfer record? 1.25m for Fernandez?

Didn't Fernandez go for (just) £1m? Bit before my time but I'm sure someone else will confirm.

Can't see any of the current squad going for quite as much, but if Liam Kelly continues his one-man-show displays that fee might be in danger.

15 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

No other club would pay 1m for our players because they know they will be able to get them cheaper

Why? We have 4 of our 5 sellable assets tied down until 2020. That safeguards us for the next two windows at least, where there will undoubtedly be interest.  I can't see us accepting paltry offers.

It's been said before but chill out and enjoy the players while they are here. As Afro says, our recruitment has been pretty good so I expect that should players go, there will be others that our management already have their eyes on.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Menga, not Gallagher. The latter's baggage probably rules him out of a move much higher than ourselves. 

I don't think there will be offers for anyone but Halkett in this window. By the sounds of things, there are a number of teams interested so you would hope that drives up the value. The summer may be a different story depending on how we finish the season.

7 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Menga, not Gallagher. The latter's baggage probably rules him out of a move much higher than ourselves. 

I don't think there will be offers for anyone but Halkett in this window. By the sounds of things, there are a number of teams interested so you would hope that drives up the value. The summer may be a different story depending on how we finish the season.

Even with Gallaghers baggage I wouldn’t be surprised if bigger clubs have a look, he has been outstanding. I want to agree about the up and coming window and I hope you are right, Halkett has been exceptional all season but Kelly has arguably been better and I will be astonished if clubs aren’t seriously sniffing about him as he is only 22.

I had in my head that it was 1.25mill for Fernandez. 

Hopefully the number of teams going for Halkett and the willingness of teams in England to throw relative ‘silly money’ at transfers means we can get something decent e.g. 7 figures. For me all fingers point to Rangers except finances but then has that ever mattered?

Wouldnt be surprised is someone went for Kelly.

53 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Alan said:

I think we’ll lose pretty much our entire squad in January. I’ve heard Halkett to rangers for £90k is pretty much a done deal. Byrne likely to join Aberdeen for a similar fee as well.

:lol: behave yourself! We’re no mugs...

1 hour ago, Ayia Napa Alan said:

I think we’ll lose pretty much our entire squad in January. I’ve heard Halkett to rangers for £90k is pretty much a done deal. Byrne likely to join Aberdeen for a similar fee as well.

That'll be on the Daily Record site tomorrow.

The only way I see Halkett going to Rangers for 90k is if there is some assurances about Hardie remaining until the end of the season, at least. I find it hard to believe that it’s a done deal and yet Saunders/Van Schaik have had almost zero time in and around the first team squad (whether playing in the reserves or not).

3 hours ago, Ayia Napa Alan said:

Holt taking over at Hearts and Martindale joining Hoppy too apparently.

Oh, and John Ward moving us to Wales and calling us TNT (The New Thistle).