Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, LogieLivi said:

Also just read there that Motherwell have agreed a sizeable sell on clause for McMillan. Sounds as though he's gonna be featuring quite heavily in our first team.

Yep seems fair enough, he had a year left on his contract but they've allowed him to come to us for nothing on the basis of them having a big sell on clause. Only seen him a couple of times but he looked really good and came on and put a stop to Aird who had been destroying us in the first half in the 3-1 away game against the Pars. 

Yep seems fair enough, he had a year left on his contract but they've allowed him to come to us for nothing on the basis of them having a big sell on clause. Only seen him a couple of times but he looked really good and came on and put a stop to Aird who had been destroying us in the first half in the 3-1 away game against the Pars. 

I'm just concerned about how he's been fit for a couple of months now and got nowhere near our first team. He's been playing for Motherwell development team but not even getting to the bench for us.

I’m going to laugh my tits off if Lee Miller nets a decent amount for us this season. Worst case scenario, we now have a really experienced striker in able to pass on some knowledge to guys like Mackin and Boyd.

We're winning the league

In all seriousness, that’s a very good signing, and one which absolutely transforms our prospects of scoring goals in the second half of the season. Not expecting an instant return but we’re certainly well-equipped now.

Good stuff from Hopkin and the bean counters.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I wonder how much rangers will want for him. Was decent  at raith but brutal at st mirren.

Depends, might let him go without asking for anything to further his career. They did the same with Halkett. We had him on loan and they just cancelled his contract, was only natural for him to sign on with us.

Could possibly take a sell on fee like Motherwell just did with McMillan though

Edited by ATLIS

Just now, Afro said:

In all seriousness, that’s a very good signing, and one which absolutely transforms our prospects of scoring goals in the second half of the season. Not expecting an instant return but we’re certainly well-equipped now.

Good stuff from Hopkin and the bean counters.

It was the weakest area for us, so great bit of business. Really have a decent chance of getting 3rd or 4th place now.

8 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

absolutely unreal business from dave n dave

in case you didn't know

we're going back to the spl

Then they've either bought a time machine, or you are going bust to play in a league that will contain just yourselves and Rangers (deceased).

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Then they've either bought a time machine, or you are going bust to play in a league that will contain just yourselves and Rangers (deceased).

SPL, in our hearts, forever, always. RIP big man, GBNF

What a January it’s been for the Club, when you look at the squad now we have real strength and depth all over the pitch, I’m struggling to pick a best 11. 

Well done to all at the club for bringing these guys in. 

I’m also told that with all the comings and goings we’ve actually cut 1k a month off the wage bill, which considering the players we’ve brought in is quite an effort. 

Edited by andylivi1