Livingston - all the threads merged

Was just about to ask why he had been released by Dunfermline. It was always going to be wages or attitude, neither of which we need.

Poor attitude was shown a couple of times, either looking to score a goal from difficult positions which would look good on an agents video but the wrong option at the time or the most obvious example was grabbing the ball for our pen vs Forfar , being told from management and players to give it to moffat but refusing to do so, and then missing.

He became more of a team player towards the end of his time but id say it certainly was a contribution to why he left.

Sounds a bit inconsistant; not sure if that's what we really need in a relegation dog-fight.

I fear there won't be a 'dog-fight'

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/end-livingston-scottish-football-association-4953541

Is this the end for Livingston? Scottish Football Association could pull the plug on the Lions

THE SFA last night insisted they could call time on Livingston after the West Lothian club were found guilty of breaking dual ownership regulations.

An SFA Disciplinary Tribunal, who began hearing evidence back in October, have ruled that Livi principle shareholder Neil Rankine also holds an interest in League Two outfit East Fife.

And the governing body have given him until April 10 to give up his stake in either Livingston or the Methil outfit.

Should he refuse to do so the SFA, who have found the Lions guilty of breaching rules 1, 7, 
21, and 86, could suspend 
Livingston’s license.

The severity of the punishment will be determined on whether Rankine relinquishes either shareholding.

The Disciplinary Panel will reconvene on February 13 when it is expected that Livingston will give the SFA an update of 
Rankine’s intentions.

Rankine owns a 50 per cent shareholding in the West Lothian outfit’s parent company Livingston 5 Limited, which in turn controls 96 per cent of the club.

JS28388157.jpgLivingston FC shareholder Neil Rankine.

And through majority East Fife shareholder Loraine 
Johnston Twigg, the SFA have decided that he also holds an interest at the Fife outfit.

An SFA statement read: “All breaches established. The panel have continued the hearing until February 13 pending further submissions from the club.”

After finding Livingston guilty, the Scottish Professional 
Football League are also duty-bound to carry out their own investigation into the matter.

And it is thought privately the SPFL are concerned over the punishment that will be meted out by their Hampden counterparts. Suspending Livingston’s license would mean that they would be prevented from playing games of any kind although they would be allowed to appeal against any punishment.

Rankine declined to comment on the matter yesterday but he maintains he is innocent of 
any wrongdoing.

The SFA recently dropped a charge relating to Dumbarton that was part of the initial Notice of Complaint that was issued last August. Rankine has admitted he is still due around £200,000 after selling Dumbarton in 2008 for £1.6 million.

The verdict is the latest in a list of controversial problems.

Livingston were hammered with a five-point penalty and £10,000 fine in November after defaulting on HMRC payments.

Rankine has also previously warned that Livi could be forced into a third administration if former chief executive Ged Nixon is successful in suing the club for around £300,000.

That aint telling us anything we didn't already Know MCL, just your usual day late record story. If Rankine doesn't get rid of his Livi shares, or cease his dodgy interests with East Fife which he is still not admitting to having, then Livi will have their license taken away.

Can see the SPFL giving us another points deduction too so relegation seems a certainty, at the very least.

"could suspend 
Livingston’s license" is just talk, there's all sorts of things for which that's the theoretical maximum punishment but there's no reason to suppose they'd apply it except in circumstances far more extreme than this.

(Raith once did have their licence suspended, in the 90s, just to prove a point, but it was resolved within a day or two.)

"could suspend 
Livingston’s license" is just talk, there's all sorts of things for which that's the theoretical maximum punishment but there's no reason to suppose they'd apply it except in circumstances far more extreme than this.

(Raith once did have their licence suspended, in the 90s, just to prove a point, but it was resolved within a day or two.)

I think the SFA will look on this quite badly if he doesn't sell his shares. If Rankine is still (amazingly) denying that he has dual interests then why would he sell? He's not going to sell up because that would involve him admitting he was in the wrong, when he's still maintaining he's done nothing wrong. I reckon revoking their licence wouldn't be too hard to believe, should Rankine keep up his charade.

One thing is for sure, Rankine won't be a loser in all of this.

That aint telling us anything we didn't already Know MCL, just your usual day late record story. If Rankine doesn't get rid of his Livi shares, or cease his dodgy interests with East Fife which he is still not admitting to having, then Livi will have their license taken away.

Can see the SPFL giving us another points deduction too so relegation seems a certainty, at the very least.

I agree with the Day Late Record comment, the point that I was making was that we are very likely to at least get another points deduction which will remove the chance of a 'dog-fight' to keep us in the division.

That being the case, I don't see the point of trying to bring in new players in this window. Better waiting to see where we are in the summer.

Edited by MCL

I agree with the Day Late Record comment, the point that I was making was that we are very likely to at least get another points deduction which will remove the chance of a 'dog-fight' to keep us in the division.

That being the case, I don't see the point of trying to bring in new players in this window. Better waiting to see where we are in the summer.

Whereas I accept the point you're making; surely if we're able to free up some wages (Ogleby and one other already rumoured to have left) isn't it worth at least having a shot - if nothing else than to encourage some to renew their season tickets?