Livingston - all the threads merged

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2723478/Livingston-face-transfer-embargo-making-undeclared-cash-payments-players.html

Rankine's comments. I've also been informed that he doesn't have shares in Dumbarton, the only contestable thing is the £200K he says he's owed in that article but he seems careful in his wording - "the owners" of Dumbarton owe him that not the club. I'll be watching this with interest.

Feel bad for the Livi fans. The mob running them have messed about with you but the team should f*ck off. 3 admins in 10 years? No thanks. Sorry Livi but your time is up!

Time is up as a full-time club certainly ...there is no reason why livi cant operate as one of the bigger part-time clubs and try & develop through sustainable growth like Dumbarton or Alloa?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2723478/Livingston-face-transfer-embargo-making-undeclared-cash-payments-players.html

Rankine's comments. I've also been informed that he doesn't have shares in Dumbarton, the only contestable thing is the £200K he says he's owed in that article but he seems careful in his wording - "the owners" of Dumbarton owe him that not the club. I'll be watching this with interest.

Not sure who that is in the photo there, but it looks nothing like Ged Nixon.

Edited by mozam76

So livingston council own the stadium and area surrounding it? If so what are they doing to help the club?

Steady on, it's a football club, not a bank.

So livingston council own the stadium and area surrounding it? If so what are they doing to help the club?

Just noticed this.

West Lothian Council have been more than helpful in waiving debt or reducing the amount to be paid, I can't remember which. It might actually be both.

So Livi knew about these payments a long time ago. Given that they were hopfull that they could have been "RESOLVED during the JULY court action".

They have deliberately waited until AFTER they have assembled a decent squad KNOWING that they would make a decleration which would result in a transfer ban which would have no impact.

CHEATS!

The rangers got a transfer embargo lifted to assemble a competitive team last season didn't they, we had 8 players to bring in so doubt we'd have been competitive, or even able to field a team, which means they'd have had to let us assemble a team the same as the Rangers.

Of course why take the risk of being treated in the same manner as them, seems sensible to get your team ready first, pretty brainless shooting yourself in the foot just so fans of other teams can't get their jollies calling you cheats. :angel

On the other hand Rankine could've just paid the 10K to the tax man and it would've been sorted, that would've been a lot easier, methinks he wanted the fall out so Nixon was plastered all over the papers, to get him back for the share issue being leaked to the SFA, prob also helps with his court case.

The rangers got a transfer embargo lifted to assemble a competitive team last season didn't they, we had 8 players to bring in so doubt we'd have been competitive, or even able to field a team, which means they'd have had to let us assemble a team the same as the Rangers.

Except you made that up. That never happened. Rangers had a registrations embargo imposed to 31st August 2013 and it was not lifted until the stroke of midnight on that date.

Of course why take the risk of being treated in the same manner as them, seems sensible to get your team ready first, pretty brainless shooting yourself in the foot just so fans of other teams can't get their jollies calling you cheats. :angel

On the other hand Rankine could've just paid the 10K to the tax man and it would've been sorted, that would've been a lot easier, methinks he wanted the fall out so Nixon was plastered all over the papers, to get him back for the share issue being leaked to the SFA, prob also helps with his court case.

1) Rangers didn't have a transfer ban.

2) Rankine just paying the 10K doesn't make the original offence disappear. You would still have made illegal undisclosed payments to a player.

IIRC The Rangers weren't allowed to register players but from a date in the future from the announcement- 1st Sept I think - so it gave them time to tie up some players ahead of the ban whereas our ban is immediate with no end date.

I think Rankine is being quite cute here and it's worth the aggro to get an advantage over Nixon in the court case.

Edited by MCL

Just noticed this.

West Lothian Council have been more than helpful in waiving debt or reducing the amount to be paid, I can't remember which. It might actually be both.

It was both. The details will be further back in this thread :P

They pushed Massone for the unpaid rent to push the club into administration then wrote off the debt for the CVA. They then reduced the rent massively to peppercorn rates for the beginning of the Livi 5 era and, I think, now have a variable rate depending on which division we are in.

Thanks for that link. A bit of an eye opener regardless of whether it is fully accurate or not.

There is an intriguing line in the statement about Directors being made aware of some unusual activity in 2012 and not responding to it. Presuming the current Board approved the statement, then are they trying to point the finger at ex-Board members? If so, apart from Mr Nixon, does that leave only the Fans Rep on the Board as being blamed by them?

If I recollect correctly, was there not a board member who was employed by HMRC? If true, then it would be a bit embarrasing (at best) if it was proven that payments/bonuses were made without income tax and/or National Insurance not being deducted!

Lastly, wasn't there a strange setup of the debit/credit card machine in the Club shop at one point - with the receipts indicating the payment had been made to a firm of decorators. ... I may be wrong and I apologise if I am.

Thanks for that link. A bit of an eye opener regardless of whether it is fully accurate or not.

There is an intriguing line in the statement about Directors being made aware of some unusual activity in 2012 and not responding to it. Presuming the current Board approved the statement, then are they trying to point the finger at ex-Board members? If so, apart from Mr Nixon, does that leave only the Fans Rep on the Board as being blamed by them?

If I recollect correctly, was there not a board member who was employed by HMRC? If true, then it would be a bit embarrasing (at best) if it was proven that payments/bonuses were made without income tax and/or National Insurance not being deducted!

Lastly, wasn't there a strange setup of the debit/credit card machine in the Club shop at one point - with the receipts indicating the payment had been made to a firm of decorators. ... I may be wrong and I apologise if I am.

Yes, fan on the board was good friends with Nixon and was employed by HMRC.

The club haven't had credit/debit card facilities for years after the first admin. After Livi 5 took over, when you wanted to pay by card the staff wrote your details down and Nixon's Presidential Property firm was on the receipt when it came through. I didn't think that was legal at the time but I'm not a lawyer :)

Have to laugh at the "fair minded Livi fans" who are almost refusing to discuss these amazing revelations on their new forums. The usual suspects are visible by their absence :lol: