Livingston - all the threads merged

Jonny Brown signs on for a year.

Good signing, but it sort of makes Nixon and McDougall look like a pair of fannies after claiming we weren't signing anyone this summer.

Disagree

Couldn't care less. They would have looked even more stupid if we'd signed no-one on principle, because that squad was and arguably still is thin.

Agree

Disagree

They said we weren't signing anyone due to financial "constraints". Now we've signed someone. As a result, they've went back on their word, making their original statement look like a pile of shite. It's not rocket science to comprehend.

They said we weren't signing anyone due to financial "constraints". Now we've signed someone. As a result, they've went back on their word, making their original statement look like a pile of shite. It's not rocket science to comprehend.

Bit harsh saying they look like 'fannies' though. Just see it as a bonus - maybe the player comes cheap or the budget has improved a little.

Bit harsh saying they look like 'fannies' though. Just see it as a bonus - maybe the player comes cheap or the budget has improved a little.

Maybe fannies was a bit harsh, I'll admit. To be fair, the part of your post which is in bold is probably true due to a increase in season ticket sales, which is promising.

Were the pre-season friendlies announced before or after Nixon made his comment? I'm sure it was after they were announced but maybe going up against the three SPL sides has brought in enough money, not a huge amount of course, to justify bringing him in. Bollan might have put pressure on them to make the signing as well. Hopefully it's the previously suggested season tickets tough.

Heard a rumour we're interested in signing somebody called Craig Thomson. He plays for Hearts apparently.

If Hearts don't want him shouldn't be hard getting him. Child's play if you ask me.

Edited by LiviLion

Hearing St Johnstone rejected a bid for Murray Davidson from Rangers. Hopefully they increase their bid so we can get some money from the deal, even if it's not a lot.

Quote from Ged Nixon in the courier a while back: "We do have sell-on clauses for Leigh Griffiths and Murray Davidson but not as much as I would have liked"

Perhaps if he is sold and we receive something then we might be able to invest it in a player or two.

Hearing St Johnstone rejected a bid for Murray Davidson from Rangers. Hopefully they increase their bid so we can get some money from the deal, even if it's not a lot.

Quote from Ged Nixon in the courier a while back: "We do have sell-on clauses for Leigh Griffiths and Murray Davidson but not as much as I would have liked"

Perhaps if he is sold and we receive something then we might be able to invest it in a player or two.

Which pretty much means f**k all, then? :lol:

Massone is/was one deluded, crazy b*****d, it's disappointing to think of the money we'll lose out on in the future because he took the cheap option. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to produce more players like Griffiths and Davidson. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Which pretty much means f**k all, then? :lol:

Massone is/was one deluded, crazy b*****d, it's disappointing to think of the money we'll lose out on in the future because he took the cheap option. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to produce more players like Griffiths and Davidson. ;)

He only took the cheap option because the "Trust" campaigned for fans to cut off income going into the club. He was desperate for cash so went for a short term fix.

Livingston have landed a five-figure windfall after Joe McKee, who left for Burnley two years ago on a scholarship, earned a professional contract with the Clarets. (BBC Gossip Column)

Good news for the club.

scaledphpserver7filenam.png